Thai man dies in mysterious circumstances at Tomorrowland music festival in Belgium

snoop1130

Tomorrowland_2012_main_stage.jpg

A Thai man lost consciousness at the Tomorrowland music festival in the Belgium town of Boom and later died in hospital on Friday night, July 28. The cause of death is under investigation.

Tomorrowland spokesperson Debby Wilmsen reported to the media that festival officers provided CPR to a Thai man aged about 30 years old in the VIP area. The partygoer was rushed to hospital but later died while getting treatment.

According to a foreign media report, the cause of the death is under investigation.

Wilmsen also revealed to the media that a 26 year old employee died from a drug overdose a week before the death of a Thai man. She expressed deep condolences to the relatives of both and emphasised that this is not what the festival was about.

Wilmsen emphasised that the team attempted to ensure a safe and comfortable festival. However, the team could not control the weather and the personal decisions people make.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo by Global Stomping via Wikipedia

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-man-dies-in-mysterious-circumstances-at-tomorrowland-music-festival-in-belgium

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

She expressed deep condolences to the relatives of both and emphasised that this is not what the festival was about.

that's exactly what festivals are about.

drugs with thousands of other people.

listen to music in your living room and avoid festivals. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Yeah, could've been dehydration from amphetamines or an overdose, but it could've just as well been a multitude of medical issues completely unlrelated to any potantial drug use. 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Invite the neighbours to your living room with free beer & whiskey and enjoy both sides of the coin.????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If you are a drug user then you know the consequences.

no pity from me.

Er, the consequences 99.9% of the time is having a fun social time.

I doubt he died from the drug. More likely what it was mixed with.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

If you are a drug user then you know the consequences.

no pity from me.

I am a drug user (cannabis and alcohol at times) and I do understand the risks. I have used other drugs too in the Netherlands. I know the risks and if something happens its 100% my fault. I totally agree with you. People should stop shifting blame

@Goat Yes probably what was mixed with it or just stupidity. Back when I was young a lot of XTC was used during these festivals. Problem was that some people just took too much or did not think about drinking enough. (XTC makes you sweat like crazy if you dont hydrate it could do damage). Most drugs are safe if you use them responsibly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am a drug user (cannabis and alcohol at times) and I do understand the risks. I have used other drugs too in the Netherlands. I know the risks and if something happens its 100% my fault. I totally agree with you. People should stop shifting blame

@Goat Yes probably what was mixed with it or just stupidity. Back when I was young a lot of XTC was used during these festivals. Problem was that some people just took too much or did not think about drinking enough. (XTC makes you sweat like crazy if you dont hydrate it could do damage). Most drugs are safe if you use them responsibly. 

Yep ! ????

One of the safest (risk assessment wise) of any nation to do amphetamine based drugs in.

Why?

Because unlike some truly backward denialist societies the Dutch realised long ago that trying to criminalise drugs was a total failure.

And like civilised realist societies they have decriminalised social personal drug use, and allow agencies to offer free drug testing to anyone at such events to check whether the GBH or whatever they are thinking of taking is within safe limits of potency in the psychoactive ingredients and don't contain other (sometimes used) dangerous chemicals these drugs are mixed with e.g. veterinarian drugs.

They'll know from the autopsy what happened. If he was died from the often frenetic over-exertion, coupled dehydrated, and they will be able to detail the chemical composition of the drugs.