Restaurant owner confronts negative reviewer at their home

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

Do you genuinely think the Thais are bad at customer service?

Some Thai places are quite good at customer service but these are generally your more upmarket 4* and 5* businesses.  In a lot of Thai businesses you'll notice the Thai salesman, doorman, porter, bellboy or whatever are reluctant to approach a foreigner to offer assistance out of fear they cannot communicate in English. 

I don't know how many times I've heard the term ' customer service is non-existent '  here ....  and I tend to agree in part.  You've obviously been in business over the years here and you most likely provided a good level of customer service when anyone walked through the door because you automatically know what is appropriate and what is dismal service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackbenimble said:

you clearly haven't spent years building a business - unjust bad reveiws are infuriating. If your not happy speak to them before you leave......dont scurry home rubbing your hands together with bad intentions. Deal with it right there and then and who knows you might have your bill "taken care of" on top of receiving an apology. 

Or the boys might be over to give you a thumping behind the Resturant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

your post is only valid because you used the word "if" - which indicates that you are aware bad reviews these days can be received for no toher reason than some self-entitled idiot getting the hump because there butt wasn't kissed. But the fallout from a bad review can be huge. 

Reviews are never fact checked which makes it easy for idiots to "wield" their power unjustly. 

They are appropriate and don't make you "keyboard warrior" if accurate and reflect your experience. Im not saying it isn't subject to any defamation laws in Thailand. Im speaking to whats appropriate not whats deemed legal in Thailand

It sure looks like a smaller serving.  But unless its quoted by weight what yiu foung to expect?  I got real angry and loud one time in the food court at terminal 21 when my plate didn't look anything like the picture.  Thai people need to learn to complain and do it loudly.   

Why didn't the owner just admit that portion looks small.  Maybe state they will weigh all portions going forward.  Going to a negative reviewers residence is creepy and wrong amd an admission of guilt!  

The power of social media is forcing a mindset change.  Even for the dinosaurs or apes. 

1. What is the "correct" size, and how is it determined.  Is it weighed before serving to th customer?

2. How did the owner know where the customer lived?

3. The owner claimed that the customer's post directly caused a deline in customers.  I assume that she had fewer customers and assumed that it was do to the post.  Wishing that something would be true does not make it true.

Advise to the owner:

Get a gram scale and publish the service size in all places that customers would look at.

You could have your staff to to other resuturants and buy some food and then weigh it.  This will tell you if you serving less or more that your competitors. 

1 hour ago, LikeItHot said:

The Lazada reviews with a photo of the sealed delivery box

That is just for COD acceptance.... in reality, Lazada have a good system. (Although beware stuff shipped from China).

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/31/2023 at 9:39 PM, steven100 said:

Thailand has strict antiquated defamation laws ....  remember a couple of yrs back the guy in Phuket or Samui who wrote a bad hotel review and the cops grabbed him or the hotel sued him. 

Koh Chang.  He had to recant his review publicly after a night in the cells.