Pattaya Beach Vendors Complain Over Rule Forbidding Parking on Beach Side

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Some beach vendors are not so pleased with the rule that forbids parking on the beach side of Pattaya Beach, claiming it negatively affects tourists.

The beach umbrella operators on Pattaya Beach alleged to the local media that the ban on parking caused the tourism atmosphere during the 6-day-long holiday to become dull because most tourists found it inconvenient to visit Pattaya Beach due to the absence of parking spaces.
Mr. Wittaya Boonma, one of the affected operators, claimed that he only saw some bustle in the first and second days of the long holiday.

Besides other factors, Wittaya believed that the ban on parking on the right side of the road played a crucial role in affecting the tourists. During the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic, Pattaya had accommodated tourists by allowing parking on the right side.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

2 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

These videos was taken sunday 30 july, northern end of beach road (soi 1-5).

Cars was indeed parked all the way along beach road on the beach side, and didn't see any parked car fined or towed away.

I thought parking had been temporarily permitted over this extended holiday.

So much for the new car parks, ie T21 that were supposed to alleviate the problems.... a drop in the bucket. Beach vendors don't have to try  and get down beach rd! 

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

They should have a designated trading spots along the beach and make the vendors pay for each spot and make sure to keep the place clean when the leave.

Well it used to get done by those renting out the deck chairs and tables....I  used to watch an old boy collect all the trash etc from his patch on Naklua beach.. then toss it all in the sea a little further North. 

• Sad 1

For the millionth time....Let me repeat myself here.....

Forget the parking it has almost zero to do with it....

The beach walkway has been totally destoroyed over the past decade...

And the beach is now a hot, boring, and uninviting place all daylight hours now..

Very few want to go there, during daylight hours anymore....

Come on ....Do a people count yourself on the number of people at the beach during the day sometime...

THERE ARE ALMOST NO PEOPLE THERE.....And yes I am talking on the entire length of the beach...

Edited by redwood1