Experts weigh chances of Thaksin’s return next week

webfact

3 hours ago, bizboi said:

So you prefer him to the legitimate prime minister that won the election ? Suddenly the red shirt movement doesn’t seem to be all about Democracy!

But NOBODY has yet BEEN elected as the PM of Thailand.

It won't be Pita, and the MFP needs to compromise as well as the PTP.

The MFP actually did not win the election though they did get more votes and MPs than any other party.

The problem is NOT with the MFP or the PTP or the coalition parties but with 250 appointed but not elected boneheaded thin skinned seators that obody can get rid of.

It makes me wish of England in the year 1170 when King Henry II was on the throne and reputedly said 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_no_one_rid_me_of_this_turbulent_priest%3F

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" (also expressed as "troublesome priest" or "meddlesome priest") is a quote attributed to Henry II of England preceding the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1170. While the quote was not expressed as an order, it prompted four knights to travel from Normandy to Canterbury, where they killed Becket. The phrase is commonly used in modern-day contexts to express that a ruler's wish may be interpreted as a command by his or her subordinates.

Or in this case the 250 senators.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ironmike said:

He broke the law and stole millions of people's money let him rot in prison, he chose to take his billions and run so either prison or stay away 

Doesn't he still control satellites over asea, or did he sell that company, he's still got a lot of clout, but someone in Thailand doesn't like him, but the people according to my Thai family still love him 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

55 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Doesn't he still control satellites over asea, or did he sell that company, he's still got a lot of clout, but someone in Thailand doesn't like him, but the people according to my Thai family still love him 

Sure, he is what is known as a "populist". So, many simple people side with him.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Here is the important part from the article:

19 times in 15 years

Since fleeing the country in August 2008, Thaksin has announced his return at least 19 times. 

19 is not good lottery #.

20 is good.????????