Venue for World Dragon Boat Championships Shifted from Pattaya to Rayong

snoop1130

364184233_659838652842436_7089615234523836734_n-696x364.jpg

The race venue for the 16th IDBF World Dragon Boat Championships (WDBRC2023) will now revert to the original location, the Royal Thai Navy Rowing and Canoeing Training Centre in Rayong, Pattaya.

The IDBF has received updated information from the Organising Committee, the Rowing & Canoeing Association of Thailand (RCAT), that with the recent rainfall in Pattaya, the water levels at the Training Centre have increased and now meets the water depth requirements as per IDBF’s Competition Regulations – CR6.10.

As the original preferred site for WDBRC2023, the purpose-built facilities will have better and more accessible areas for athletes and supporters. With the possibility of inclement weather during the Championships, the safety and wellbeing of athletes and supporters also played a part in the decision-making process.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: International Dragon Boat Federation (IDBF)

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/02/venue-for-world-dragon-boat-championships-shifted-from-pattaya-to-rayong/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

364184233_659838652842436_7089615234523836734_n-696x364.jpg

The race venue for the 16th IDBF World Dragon Boat Championships

I am not an expert on dragon boat racing, in fact I would consider myself as intermediate to know nothing , and none of the boats in the picture look nothing like a dragon boat I have ever seen, of which I have seen none.  

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am not an expert on dragon boat racing, in fact I would consider myself as intermediate to know nothing , and none of the boats in the picture look nothing like a dragon boat I have ever seen, of which I have seen none.  

With respect, for reference, typical Thai dragon boats

Dragon Boat Festival in Thailand - Inspire Pattaya e-Magazine Events

36 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

With respect, for reference, typical Thai dragon boats

Dragon Boat Festival in Thailand - Inspire Pattaya e-Magazine Events

Yea that's what I though. Couldn't the people who wrote this article at least google "Thai dragon boat" and select images?  How hard is that ? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Rayong Pattaya? Pattaya is in Chonburi.????

26 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Picky picky. ????

To be fair - the border for Chonburi/Rayong goes straight through the middle of the new lake location!

image.png.4c45361a9478da0aa20fdb11796eb7e5.png

Edited by LennyW

Has anyone seen a schedule of the days they will be racing and the time they start each day? I would also like to know the entrance fee to see the races.

I saw something about an opening event on the 7th at Jomtien beach but I have not been able to find more details.