Heavy rain probable across Thailand due to southwesterly monsoon influence

webfact

image.jpeg

The latest weather update indicates a 60% chance of heavy rain in the northern, northeastern, and eastern regions, and Bangkok today.

The southwesterly monsoon blowing across the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand is the cause, according to the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) forecast for the next 24 hours. The monsoon, accompanied by a low-pressure area near the coast of northern Vietnam and the Gulf of Tonkin, will continue to bring downpours to parts of Thailand, with northern and eastern regions most affected. Some areas in the northeast are also expected to experience severe rainfall.

Across the north, there’s a 60 % chance of rain and thunderstorms, with heavy rain in some parts of Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan, Uttaradit, and Tak. Temperatures range from 24-26 degrees Celsius at the lowest to 30-33 degrees Celsius at the peak. The southwest winds are blowing at a speed of 10-20 kilometres per hour.

In the northeast, the chances of rain and thunderstorms are 60%, with some areas, including Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Buriram, Surin, Sisaket, and Ubon Ratchathani, experiencing heavy to severe rain. Temperatures will hover between 23-26 degrees Celsius to 28-36 degrees Celsius. Southwest winds here have a speed of 10-25 kilometres per hour.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of Adityan Ramkumar, Unsplash.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/weather/heavy-rain-probable-across-thailand-due-to-southwesterly-monsoon-influence

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

pretty soon everyone will own waterfront property, sadly

I have a waterfront property, but unfortunately, at times it wants to come across the road and into the garden.................????

No photo description available.

Edited by transam
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well, the rain didn't happen where I am.....????

Driving home today I encountered a sprinkling requiring about 4-5 single sweeps of my wiper blades. Was, perhaps, that it?

• Sad 1