Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

This strategy might work for a guy over 30:

- Pay for play

- GF with child that you would like to raise as your own

- Marriage with child that you would like to raise as your own

Strategies that very well may not work for a guy over 30:

- Marriage, no children

- GF, no children

Bar girls are obviously very risky, but it can work out if she's the right girl. TBH most of the ones that work out are when both the guy and girl are very plain. Even then the very plain girl often thinks she's beautiful because she worked in a bar, which screwed up her head but not so much it bothers the new boyfriend/husband. 

Edited by Furioso
I'll never know, for sure.
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, bob smith said:
27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What makes you think that there are any on this forum?

with some of the replies it would seem that many are!!

why you so touchy, Lou?

Since when has asking a question been characterised as being "touchy"?  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

You're very ably demonstrating that you're the touchy one who needs to calm down a bit.

your problem is you take yourself too seriously Lou. 

I thought scousers had a sense of humor? Obviously not...

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Guys

It is a problem to get love from a beautiful young western girl when one is in the late 50s and divorced.

I married a Thai gal of 38 who was dumped by her Finish boyfriend.

Early days a culture shock in UK. But 20 years on still good looking we are like any other couple, have our ups and downs. 

You can take a girl out of Thailand, but it's impossible to remove Thailand from the girl and family.

Marrying any female is a challenge, pot luck really.

Happy days

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, TPI said:

In every case, you take your chance? All of life is a gamble!

why take your chance on a poor, uneducated daughter of a peasant farmer when you can have a well educated woman with a good job. 

I think thats the point im trying to make anyway..

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Learn what? If you mean Thai, if married you don't need to speak Thai, whereas if not married, you need to pass a Thai tests.

What are the benefits, I have always been under the impression and told it was too difficult to get Thai citizenship and they were selective of of they gave it to.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I know a dozen guys who have married or have live in bar girls.  They are mostly sexy with personality.  But, they all have problems as these girls seem to become addicted to their bar jobs.  The attention, social media, drinking, gambling, sex, staying up til 3am.  Bringing one of these girls out of their element is a huge difficult adjustment for them.  

Never say never, but it would be difficult.  Add trust issues when away playing golf or hanging out with friends or going back home.  All just seems like a huge hassle I would not want in my life at this stage.

Don't underestimate the gambling. They work long hours and sometimes there are no customers. So, to fill time, they play slots on their phone, slmetimes racking up huge gambling debts.

Between gambling and Thai boyfriends, its common to find bargirls with sponsors, many customers and no money in the bank.

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What are the benefits, I have always been under the impression and told it was too difficult to get Thai citizenship and they were selective of of they gave it to.

They arent selective at all.

If you are married and pay tax then as long as you arent a criminal in your home country its basically a forgone conclusion that you will, eventually become a Thai citizen. Bear in mind that the process could take months or even years from start to finish. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CecilM said:

The statistics for lasting love/successful marriage are against you. 

20 years married to my Thai wife this year didn’t think that would be possible, wouldn't like to be on my own.

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Bar stool myth, since 2012, they changed the laws. 

Buy property. 

Cheap golf

Never need to go to immigration 

Work any job

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

They arent selective at all.

If you are married and pay tax then as long as you arent a criminal in your home country its basically a forgone conclusion that you will, eventually become a Thai citizen. Bear in mind that the process could take months or even years from start to finish. 

Thanks but I wouldn't bother now just wanted to know the benefit of others doing it, probably better for younger men who want to stay living in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Bar stool myth, since 2012, they changed the laws. 

Buy property. 

Cheap golf

Never need to go to immigration 

Work any job

Thanks well I wouldn't bother now and only handy thing would be not having to go immigration for me especially when it was trips to Maesot.

Sukhothai immigration office 14 kilos away and nice people in and out in 30mins for marriage extension.