Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's always someone better, or more clever than us. We may not have met them yet, is all.

Growing up, mom and dad taught me that virtually everyone I meet is superior to me in some way.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Look at your average expat, old, short, fat, bald, no personality, little money.

These guys are rejects in their own country, losers, failures. Even the younger guys, they've got something wrong with them, having a slight handicap or disability or just plain UGLY.

These guys come to Thailand because the females in their own countries avoid them, they're rejected. 

I chose Thailand as my home, to live here in my 30's because of my offshore rig work, it was taking me all around the world, traveling for work and training, my 28 day rotation, paid salary every month but I would have to travel on my time off, flying internationally once a month, coming out of Australia it was an additional 7 or so hours.

I said earlier, I've traveled, worked and trained in over 40 countries, having BKK as your hub is more convenient, saving me hours and hours on my time off, spending more time with my family. 

I met the mother of my children here in Pattaya, she was 17yo, we had our first child when she was 19yo.

Most expats here marry the woman that the Thai guys reject, the old smelly woman, as you say bar girls, the older bar girls are perfect for these losers. I'm happy for these woman, they've probably been having sex with 1000's of guys, since the age of 12yo. 

That's why we have so much negativity on these forums, the expat marries one of these smelly, old bar girls, then things go pear shaped, then he starts hating everything and everyone, blaming everyone else for his problems.

So many Thai bashers, nasty, negativity towards the Thais here, all because these miserable, moaning, whinging and whining guys made the same stupid childish, immature mistake. 

Be accountable men, you are men, not school yard bullies.

Grow up guys. 

The worst thing, the thing I hate about Thailand is some of the foreigners 

Guess you don't get out much, and living here for many years doesn't mean you do. A lot of foreigners never leave their villages and let their wives shop. Yes, most expats here are old. That's because you can retire here and find a woman younger than you can back home that will marry you. Most want money of course, so it's a trade off. If both are happy and faithful to each other, no problem. Many expats here marry very pretty women, and I've seen that a hundred times since I've been here. I did, although she is a narcissist and unstable., and I had to divorce her.  She is pretty though. She was as clean as any woman I've ever known. Thai guys don't just reject. They aren't held accountable for having children, which is the court's fault, so they just go to another clueless girl after the baby comes. Many expats do marry bar girls, and when the sh*t hits the fan, they don't understand what happened. Like I said, I didn't marry a bar girl, and the sh*t still hit the fan. Disturbed comes in many disguises. As far as being bald, that happens to millions, and to many, intentionally, and isn't a character fault. Most of the foreigners I've seen here are average to tall, so short still is in the minority like everywhere else. Many are fat, but many just have a pot belly because of drinking. As far as money, whet I've seen is that most are on retirement, and that's not being broke. I can only speak of foreigners I know, and the same goes for you. Many are nice guys, and some are quiet, and don't talk much. Doesn't mean they have no personality. No matter how long you're been here, you really only know a small fraction of what's here. It would be impossible to do otherwise. The worst thing I hate about Thailand is the prejudice, and that doesn't only come from Thais, as I can see.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Guess you don't get out much, and living here for many years doesn't mean you do. A lot of foreigners never leave their villages and let their wives shop. Yes, most expats here are old. That's because you can retire here and find a woman younger than you can back home that will marry you. Most want money of course, so it's a trade off. If both are happy and faithful to each other, no problem. Many expats here marry very pretty women, and I've seen that a hundred times since I've been here. I did, although she is a narcissist and unstable., and I had to divorce her.  She is pretty though. She was as clean as any woman I've ever known. Thai guys don't just reject. They aren't held accountable for having children, which is the court's fault, so they just go to another clueless girl after the baby comes. Many expats do marry bar girls, and when the sh*t hits the fan, they don't understand what happened. Like I said, I didn't marry a bar girl, and the sh*t still hit the fan. Disturbed comes in many disguises. As far as being bald, that happens to millions, and to many, intentionally, and isn't a character fault. Most of the foreigners I've seen here are average to tall, so short still is in the minority like everywhere else. Many are fat, but many just have a pot belly because of drinking. As far as money, whet I've seen is that most are on retirement, and that's not being broke. I can only speak of foreigners I know, and the same goes for you. Many are nice guys, and some are quiet, and don't talk much. Doesn't mean they have no personality. No matter how long you're been here, you really only know a small fraction of what's here. It would be impossible to do otherwise. The worst thing I hate about Thailand is the prejudice, and that doesn't only come from Thais, as I can see.

You're obviously one of those Thai bashing, moaners I pointed out above. 

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You're obviously one of those Thai bashing, moaners I pointed out above. 

I only bash those that deserve it. Prejudiced, narcissists, crooked police and politicians, land developers that destroy nature and rape the earth for profit, and it's not moaning.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I only bash those that deserve it. Prejudiced, narcissists, crooked police and politicians, land developers that destroy nature and rape the earth for profit, and it's not moaning.

Aaaah, it's adding up now.

Are these the type of people who you have done business with or had relationships with. 

Sorry dude, I understand. 

BTW, don't be so angry, wanting to bash all those people must keep you awake at night. 

Forget the past, move on. 

Surround yourself with good people, you'll find your life will improve 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Aaaah, it's adding up now.

Are these the type of people who you have done business with or had relationships with. 

Sorry dude, I understand. 

BTW, don't be so angry, wanting to bash all those people must keep you awake at night. 

Forget the past, move on. 

Surround yourself with good people, you'll find your life will improve 

Everyone deals with narcissists, prejudiced, crooked officials, and developers. Look around. Surrounding yourself with those not toxic is very hard, although a good idea, because they are everywhere, unless of course you don't leave your home. Then, you see them here. And it's not only in the past, but almost daily. Most of us aren't rich and live on an island almost by ourselves, with all good friends around us. When the good eliminates the bad, life on earth will improve. For now, it's tolerable. Because there is good here.

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Everyone deals with narcissists, prejudiced, crooked officials, and developers. Look around. Surrounding yourself with those not toxic is very hard, although a good idea, because they are everywhere, unless of course you don't leave your home. Then, you see them here. And it's not only in the past, but almost daily. Most of us aren't rich and live on an island almost by ourselves, with all good friends around us. When the good eliminates the bad, life on earth will improve. For now, it's tolerable. Because there is good here.

Agree, it seems like every second person is a narcissist or they have mental health issues these days.

Take care mate ????

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Agree, it seems like every second person is a narcissist or they have mental health issues these days.

Take care mate ????

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Look at your average expat, old, short, fat, bald, no personality, little money.

These guys are rejects in their own country, losers, failures. Even the younger guys, they've got something wrong with them, having a slight handicap or disability or just plain UGLY.

These guys come to Thailand because the females in their own countries avoid them, they're rejected. 

I chose Thailand as my home, to live here in my 30's because of my offshore rig work, it was taking me all around the world, traveling for work and training, my 28 day rotation, paid salary every month but I would have to travel on my time off, flying internationally once a month, coming out of Australia it was an additional 7 or so hours.

I said earlier, I've traveled, worked and trained in over 40 countries, having BKK as your hub is more convenient, saving me hours and hours on my time off, spending more time with my family. 

I met the mother of my children here in Pattaya, she was 17yo, we had our first child when she was 19yo.

Most expats here marry the woman that the Thai guys reject, the old smelly woman, as you say bar girls, the older bar girls are perfect for these losers. I'm happy for these woman, they've probably been having sex with 1000's of guys, since the age of 12yo. 

That's why we have so much negativity on these forums, the expat marries one of these smelly, old bar girls, then things go pear shaped, then he starts hating everything and everyone, blaming everyone else for his problems.

So many Thai bashers, nasty, negativity towards the Thais here, all because these miserable, moaning, whinging and whining guys made the same stupid childish, immature mistake. 

Grow up guys. 

Oil rig worker, big whoopdee whoop. Real men sail the oceans of the world like I did for 30 yrs.

You get miffed when we speak the truth about the thai men. Get over yourself. We're all just trying to get along here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Oil rig worker, big whoopdee whoop. Real men sail the oceans of the world like I did for 30 yrs.

You get miffed when we speak the truth about the thai men. Get over yourself. We're all just trying to get along here. 

I reckon you need professional help.

You say 'we're all just trying to get along here' straight after making a hostile comment. ????

You related to Donald Trump ????

BTW, 28 days away from a beautiful, soft woman was too long for me.

Sailors (real men ????) being away from the a female for months at a time tend to turn, become queer, not for me dude. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

These guys are rejects in their own country, losers, failures.

Speak for yourself.

While I wasn't a millionaire when I came to LOS I was successful in my own field of work.

Whatever I was, I wasn't a loser, and IMO anyone that comes on here slagging off thousands of farangs that he never met has a problem with self image.

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Grow up guys. 

Flaming much?

Blowing and own and trumpets comes to mind.

40 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You say 'we're all just trying to get along here' straight after making a hostile comment. ????

Sailors (real men ????) being away from the a female for months at a time tend to turn, become queer, not for me dude. 

Wondering where he gets his information from. The uneducated make guesses based on being told something by other uneducated people.

55 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My comment was in response to your unhinged inflammatory comment on the retired dudes here in Thailand.

Please educate us on how you become queer. LOL 

On 8/5/2023 at 8:15 AM, bob smith said:

over the years i have read many stories about farangs who come to thailand, meet a girl in a bar and fall head over heels in love.

within a few weeks/months they are married and he is planning to take her back to his home country.

ive also met a few bar stool joeys with similar stories.

tellin me how much he loves her, and she loves him.

they've usualy known each other less than a month.

what are these blokes thinking?

are they that desperate that the only girl they can get is a bar dweller?

who probably had 1 or 2 guys for breakfast before you showed up.

i see them pretty much daily. all over weight, bald, with no teeth.

the girls love them. only because he is paying of course.

the girls dont even look at me when i sit on my stool.

im well dressed, not too old and speak thai.

they know that I know their game like the back of my hand. 

a fool and his money are easily parted. this is especially true when it comes to the bar scene.

why on earth would a western bloke marry a bar girl?

I just do not get it.

Are you considering changing in the old girl for a new model