Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You can't "ignore" posts...

If you ignore a poster, none of their past or future posts are displayed to you. Unless they are quoted by another poster.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Which shows insecurities

Sure.  Like with the football hooligans discussed in another thread, people who feel their status is low, sometimes do things to try make them feel higher status.

Status appears to actually be a major cause of most violence and hostility, IMO.  There's a great book by Alain de Botton called "Status Anxiety".  Worth a read.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only reason I don't marry my GF is Centrelink in Australia would start paying me a married couple's pension, about 5000 baht/month less. As she is not an Australian citizen, she gets nothing.

I explained these facts to her when she proposed to me, and she accepted my reasons. A practical woman.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

do you call buying all the girls at your table lady drinks entertainment??

That depends. Most of the time I am happy with one of them.

But sometimes the choice is difficult, and it happened that I bought 4 girls at the same time drinks. It was a lot of fun. But to stay with the theme of this thread, I didn't marry them - not even one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sure.  Like with the football hooligans discussed in another thread, people who feel their status is low, sometimes do things to try make them feel higher status.

Status appears to actually be a major cause of most violence and hostility, IMO.  There's a great book by Alain de Botton called "Status Anxiety".  Worth a read.

Ok thanks. I will look for it.

Tall poppy syndrome

Low poppy syndrome

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And with the bar girls it's likely that you have sex. A lot of it, and just the way you like it (otherwise you would have chosen another one). 

Ha!

Once they have you trapped, then the excuses not to have sex flow.

I guess you think bargirls are in it for sex.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

2 weeks in my case.

I was thinking I needed a new VISA, regular sex and a womb to gestate my baby in.

No mention of love, it was a purely expedient decision. And it's worked out far better than any previous choices I made for love.

After 1 week you should know if there is a future or not I believe. I knew after 5 days.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Ha!

Once they have you trapped, then the excuses not to have sex flow.

I guess you think bargirls are in it for sex.

I think most bargirls realize that sex is important for many men. If they provide that service often enough and good enough, then their husbands are more likely happy and relaxed.

If the wife doesn't provide sex, then the guy gets it somewhere else.

That reminds me of two girls talking in a movie (I forgot which movie). One girl says she doesn't want to take it in her mouth. The other girl explains to her: There will be a girl who gives him a BJ. It's up to you if you do it or he goes somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

a butlins cabaret singer!

This joke indicates that you are so old that it's really only a theoretical proposition at best.

Full disclosure: I went to Butlins to see The Battle of the Meatloaf Tribute Bands.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think most bargirls realize that sex is important for many men. If they provide that service often enough and good enough, then their husbands are more likely happy and relaxed.

If the wife doesn't provide sex, then the guy gets it somewhere else.

That reminds me of two girls talking in a movie (I forgot which movie). One girl says she doesn't want to take it in her mouth. The other girl explains to her: There will be a girl who gives him a BJ. It's up to you if you do it or he goes somewhere else.

My point is that once a bargirl has her Farang sign paper in the Amphur, she often will cease having sex, even if she knows he will go elsewhere.

And yes, if it becomes publicly known that the husband is getting laid elsewhere, the drama ensues. She doesn't care that he is getting laid by another lady, she cares if her friends know.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bignok said:

After 1 week you should know if there is a future or not I believe. I knew after 5 days.

The Darkside in Pattaya is filled with bars that cater to Farangs who didn't know after 5 days.

So, customers are typically Farangs with older Thai wives who don't have sex with them anymore. The Farangs hit the local bar to hook up with a younger bargirl, and the wives have free time on their hands. They can go to the temple, or visit their former Thai boyfriend.