Your Masterplan For Size, Strength and Stamina

Every workout is designed to hit your full-body, targeting your chestbackshouldersquads and hamstrings across the week, while also pumping up those arms and delivering a lung-scorching conditioning effect that’s sure build fitness and burn calories.

If your goal is to shed some body fat, then this is the perfect phase for you. When combined with a smart, sustainable eating plan that ensures your body is in a calorie deficit over the course of each week, while also providing you with enough energy to smash your training sessions, you’re sure to begin dropping fat while preserving lean muscle and building explosive fitness.

Coach’s tip: Use a pen and paper to track your workouts and try to avoid Instagram doomscrolling between sets. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with this, staying mindful of your breath and focussed on the reps ahead will help you to optimise your rest, and ultimately— maximise your gains

After a thorough warm-up, grab your dumbbells, set a countdown timer for 30 minutes and work your way through as many high quality rounds of the following circuit as possible. Rest as necessary to keep your form on point, but push yourself hard if you want to see results.

At the end of each round, make a note of how many reps you performed for each movement, creating a running tally for the entire workout.

Keep this safe, we’ll be referring back to your ‘score’ in the coming weeks.

1. Front Squat x 15-20 reps

dumbbell front squat

Clean your dumbbells onto the front of your shoulders (A). From here, drop into a front squat, by pushing your hips back and bending at the knees until your thighs pass parallel to the ground (B), before driving back up explosively. Keep those dumbbells secured high, with a strong, upright torso throughout.

2. Bent-Over Row x 10- 15 reps

weights, exercise equipment, shoulder, overhead press, kettlebell, arm, dumbbell, physical fitness, standing, muscle,

After your final squat, drop your dumbbells to your sides, hinge forward until your torso is almost parallel to the ground and allow the dumbbells to hang just below your knees (A). Maintaining a flat back, row both dumbbells towards your hips (B), squeeze your shoulder blades together and lower under control to the start before repeating.

3. Push Press x 8-12 reps

weights, exercise equipment, shoulder, overhead press, kettlebell, arm, dumbbell, physical fitness, standing, muscle,

Clean your dumbbells back onto your shoulders, palms facing in. Take a breath and create tension in your core. (A) Dip at the knees and use your legs to help (B) press your dumbbells overhead. Lower with a controlled tempo to your shoulders and repeat. If your weights feel a little too light, don’t use any drive from the legs and focus on a strict press from the shoulders.

4. Jump Squats x 20

clothing, leg, human body, human leg, shoulder, standing, chest, joint, barechested, waist,

Lean slightly forward as you squat (A), then explode up, jumping as high as you can (B). Cushion your landing with bent legs, then sink immediately back into another squat and repeat. Aim for the maximum possible height you can achieve on each and every rep, even if that means pausing for a quick breath. We’re looking to produce power here, not simply go through the motions.

FULL ARTICLE

image.png

• Like 1

You can obtain the same results by doing DDPYoga (not your mama's yoga) and following a healthy eating plan and there's no weights involved, just yoga and dynamic resistance. This is a much better alternative for older people, especially if they have flexibility issues. If the video below doesn't inspire you to start and look after yourself, nothing will.

Edited by TigerandDog

57 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

You can obtain the same results by ....

...  by 'working' for a living.

My 2nd job was at a steel mill, where I basically lifted weights through out the day & night.  Whether loading castings on pallets from 10-100+ lbs (50kg), or shoveling spent steel from the lathes to be recast.

Other jobs included manual labors, carrying weight or digging.

Last job was loading aircrafts, and a military charter could easily have 500 duffle bags on it, hand loaded, and weighting anywhere between 20-100lbs(50kg).

Used to get asked quite often .. "what gym do you work out at?", from people who didn't know me, as being a LPOS off the job.  Use to give me a chuckle.

Retired 20+ yrs, and I think my chest has fallen down to my waist/love handles.  Maybe I'll start exercising tomorrow ... or not.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

...  by 'working' for a living.

My 2nd job was at a steel mill, where I basically lifted weights through out the day & night.  Whether loading castings on pallets from 10-100+ lbs (50kg), or shoveling spent steel from the lathes to be recast.

Other jobs included manual labors, carrying weight or digging.

Last job was loading aircrafts, and a military charter could easily have 500 duffle bags on it, hand loaded, and weighting anywhere between 20-100lbs(50kg).

Used to get asked quite often .. "what gym do you work out at?", from people who didn't know me, as being a LPOS off the job.  Use to give me a chuckle.

Retired 20+ yrs, and I think my chest has fallen down to my waist/love handles.  Maybe I'll start exercising tomorrow ... or not.

so you want a pat on the back do you? NOT.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...