Question about Khao Yai entrance fees

lexlam

I think the theory is taht most foreigners dont live here so dont pay much in the way of taxes - some do of course but not so many...

On a practical matter the fees are so small that they are not a hardship or if they are you have a different problem...

I used to live in Hawaii and discounted rates for locals was normal for hotels and restaurants.

National parks in America are discounted for senior citizens so across the world lots of different prices for different people - very normal - nothing to get upset about..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I used to live in Hawaii and discounted rates for locals was normal for hotels and restaurants.

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Cheaper food for locals?

Yes.

Pizzas with fricking pineapple on it.

$1 for a 12 incher is fair. 

On 8/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, lexlam said:

What if a foreigner living in Thailand for more than 15 years, father of 3 kids, lately his business collapsed and was not able to save this so-called 400k for 60 days, he went to apply for a non-o visa in Jakarta, the embassy there asked him to show the bank statement of 400k for 60 days!!!! or no visa to issue for him,  this action spoiled his mind and turned him to abandon even to think to come here, and told his Mrs. go manage yourself with your Thai kids and let your govt racist law feed you and pay your daily expenses and pay the kids school, the family severely troubled now in the neck of the bottle,, this is a fact real-case example,, then he disappeared since 4 or 5 months ago, no more contact with his family here,

dual pricing is just an additional part to the advantages to profit from foreigners,, anything here designed to take advantageous profit to the extreme limit, regardless how many years and resources you spent here supporting their people, the day you can not show money, you are kicked out,, even this is an abuse of human rights for their own people to deprive them from their father, supporter,, etc,, 

A $10 dollar national park ticket, or not being able to get a specific 60 day visa from one specific embassy, means abandoning your wife and 3 children? ????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, lexlam said:

What if a foreigner living in Thailand for more than 15 years, father of 3 kids, lately his business collapsed and was not able to save this so-called 400k for 60 days, he went to apply for a non-o visa in Jakarta, the embassy there asked him to show the bank statement of 400k for 60 days!!!! or no visa to issue for him,  this action spoiled his mind and turned him to abandon even to think to come here, and told his Mrs. go manage yourself with your Thai kids and let your govt racist law feed you and pay your daily expenses and pay the kids school, the family severely troubled now in the neck of the bottle,, this is a fact real-case example,, then he disappeared since 4 or 5 months ago, no more contact with his family here,

dual pricing is just an additional part to the advantages to profit from foreigners,, anything here designed to take advantageous profit to the extreme limit, regardless how many years and resources you spent here supporting their people, the day you can not show money, you are kicked out,, even this is an abuse of human rights for their own people to deprive them from their father, supporter,, etc,, 

no security to live in this country without being wealthy and have enough extra $$$ to handle the situation, without money you will be kicked away,

=================================

Don't move to a country if you can't afford to live there.  When did 400k baht in the bank ever deem anyone as being wealthy.

If you can't rustle up 400k, you really shouldn't be living overseas.   Maybe have 1 kid instead of 3.

Don't know what dual pricing has to do with visa approval.

So the solutions I skimmed are:

Have Thai buy tickets using QueQ app, selecting you as Thai.  (Long Stay Residents)

Be prepared with Thai Drivers License, photo of Passport Main, Last Visa Extension stamp page.

Try using Multiple Thai documents/ID demonstrating you are long stay resident.  Tell them you can't afford foreigner price and have to buy rice for her parents. 

Hike through Jungle. Not advisable.

Hide in trunk/boot of vehicle.

Accept one time foreigner fee and make most of the day.

Thai National Park entrance fees are competitive to many United States Park Fees adjusting for currency and aveage income.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:51 PM, dayo202 said:

About 1kms before the entry pay station I get into the boot of the car.

Once inside the park the Mrs pullover I get out.

Happy Days  ????

Yeah,,, happy man,, haha ????

It's worthless,,, let the monkeys happy in the jungle without annoyed by foreigners, maybe we cause high pollution to the trees, animals, etc.. 

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't move to a country if you can't afford to live there.  When did 400k baht in the bank ever deem anyone as being wealthy.

If you can't rustle up 400k, you really shouldn't be living overseas.   Maybe have 1 kid instead of 3.

Don't know what dual pricing has to do with visa approval.

The point of the topic,, why there is fairness,, and appropriate policy in place,, why these advantageous sarcastic matters always going on when comes to deal with foreigners,,, this is all what about,,

A little example about visa extensions here, must keep 400k locked for 60 days,,, what is the idea about this??? Look at the same situation in a close country to Thailand : Malaysia, a friend of mine married to Malaysian lady, every 2 or 3 years get one extension, and just pay 150 RM = less than 2000 thb, and I am sure most other countries have something similar,, no such fussy requirements,

On 8/12/2023 at 1:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Thais get discount, it's not racist, it's based on nationality.

Frankly speaking, I don't consider Thai people as racist (generally), but the policies designed for foreigners does,, extremely meant to take advantage to the extreme edge,, 

2 hours ago, lexlam said:

The point of the topic,, why there is fairness,, and appropriate policy in place,, why these advantageous sarcastic matters always going on when comes to deal with foreigners,,, this is all what about,,

A little example about visa extensions here, must keep 400k locked for 60 days,,, what is the idea about this??? Look at the same situation in a close country to Thailand : Malaysia, a friend of mine married to Malaysian lady, every 2 or 3 years get one extension, and just pay 150 RM = less than 2000 thb, and I am sure most other countries have something similar,, no such fussy requirements,

Then move there or elsewhere.  I chose to live here in TH, nobody forced me, or is forcing me to stay.  The system was here before I got here, and has changed very little, actually none that affects me.

You have choices.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 1:31 PM, Neeranam said:

Thais get discount, it's not racist, it's based on nationality.

Which makes the dual pricing based on nationality somewhat Xenophobic and extremely clumsy. 

IF Thailand dual-charged based on residency that would bring it more in line with the practices of the rest of the developed world.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Which makes the dual pricing based on nationality somewhat Xenophobic and extremely clumsy. 

IF Thailand dual-charged based on residency that would bring it more in line with the practices of the rest of the developed world.

True that. 

One point may be that relatively few foreign resident learn to speak the local language.

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

True that. 

One point may be that relatively few foreign resident learn to speak the local language.

At some points it can help, if you can speak Thai to become the reduced price. But also, many places they mostly look on your skin color or if you can show them a blue Thai ID card. So, Asians often can go for the Thai price.

Actually, I don't mind paying little bit more than Thais. on some parks I would not mind paying 80 baht instead of 40. But 10x or even more is not OK anymore. But as some posters already wrote, you can decide to not go.