Pheu Thai and Bhumjaithai announce deal to form government

snoop1130

34 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phalang Pracharath Party leader Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said Tuesday morning he has yet to receive an invitation to join the Pheu Thai-led coalition. Asked if he's interested, Prawit said "I haven't say yes."

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1688745827576283136

Ah, the biggest pig at the trough, all decked out in gaudy rings and what must be a borrowed watch from a dead friend. Where is his happy smiling more gaudy shadow, the heroin dealer? 

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Ah, the biggest pig at the trough, all decked out in gaudy rings and what must be a borrowed watch from a dead friend. Where is his happy smiling more gaudy shadow, the heroin dealer? 

You mean the flour trader - plain, self-raising and bakers. 

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

212 seats.. Anutin can be PM as he has 250 senators to support him together with his own party 79 is already  329. PPRP will vote for him too and Settha stays behind empty handed... Good move of Pheu Thai

Remember, Anutin was a necessary evil for the previous government to form. Forces that support the 250 senators are unlikely to support Anutin, PTP,  or Thaksin.

In fact, that's why they are there. 

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

While the background of this alliance is disgraceful, mired in backstabbing and completely undemocratic, my pragmatic side can't help but feel in reality this won't be so bad.

1.  Prayut/Prawit finally gone (or at least put on the back row).

2. Pheu Thai in government (my second choice behind MFP).

3. Weed to stay legal.

Not perfect by any means, but a long way from catastrophic.

Well said being pragmatic is what matters 

Rome wasn’t built in a day 

getting rid of the 2 dinosaurs is top priority, amending the constitution back to 97 charter is next 

MFP will get their chance in the near future I predict 

The Man once said and I quote “Thailand is a land of compromise” 

Edited by Hunz Kittisak

5 hours ago, Boedog said:

The new faces of corruption let's see how much they can syphon out off the trough and mismanage over the next 4 years, hopefully MFP through the will of the people be able to lead this country to change and be there for its people first complete opposite on what has been happening 

Mismanaged? Thaksin and PT has the best track record managing the country when they weren’t interrupted by coups. 
they have been voted into government successive times. Definitely better than what’s been happening for more than a decade with the military in charge 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

getting rid of the 2 dinosaurs is top priority, amending the constitution back to 97 charter is next 

These 2 military dinosaurs should learn Thailand history of military parties since 1955. All military-backed parties were short-lived, most of them lasting less than 3 years and they ceased to exist after the military leaders or associates lost their power. Keep them away from the next government and we can see PPRP and UTN disintegrate with MPs moving to other parties. 

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

.....and 4 years from now Move Forward will win a landslide victory  and Pita will rule.

Absolutely. This has to be the plan in the long run. It started with FF now MF, the senate changes, the opposition gathers momentum, PT show their true colors, bingo.

The only thing i'm hearing is "well, if our voice isnt heard this time, what's the point in voting, its going to be the same .." also, PT are still quite have a strong hold out here, maybe they have to dig their hands into the coffers to get the same number of votes next time. This election they were a bit tight, only 500B for the holder of the house book.

7 minutes ago, MisterTee said:

Spot on.

Any government that includes Anutin and the interests he represents is likely to keep ganja legal, albeit more tightly regulated.

Thaksin's return to make a bid for power would provoke conflict on a large scale for sure.

Political ructions and military coups have been a regular feature of life here since I first came in the late 1970s.

Nothing new. Enjoy the show.

Thai politics, a never ending story - wash, rinse, put out to dry - repeat as often as necessary....... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I wonder why. Which party is in there that they don't want to mention?

Could be anyone of them. If it's the MFP, then it is a good move to change the constitution and get the general's out of power. If it's Prawit, then they are looking to blunder the treasury Ha!

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

.....and 4 years from now Move Forward will win a landslide victory  and Pita will rule.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Even a few weeks can be a long time in politics, so, it is really hard to make good guesses about what will happen 4 years later. There might be new strong players/parties by then. There might be new and/or surprising alliances. Also, I wonder what sort of political developments regarding Thaksin will occur in the future. And also, we cannot even rule out a new batch of senators being appointed within 1-2 years.

Of course, what you wrote above could happen too.

32 minutes ago, JemJem said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Even a few weeks can be a long time in politics, so, it is really hard to make good guesses about what will happen 4 years later. There might be new strong players/parties by then. There might be new and/or surprising alliances. Also, I wonder what sort of political developments regarding Thaksin will occur in the future. And also, we cannot even rule out a new batch of senators being appointed within 1-2 years.

Of course, what you wrote above could happen too.

The senators role and mandate to elect the PM will end next year.

On 8/8/2023 at 3:06 AM, ikke1959 said:

212 seats.. Anutin can be PM as he has 250 senators to support him together with his own party 79 is already  329. PPRP will vote for him too and Settha stays behind empty handed... Good move of Pheu Thai

A country led by the man who legalised dope. 

Return of Thaksin, a back door deal, many think this will cause chaos, but I think the opposite, it will make someone more popular, the red shirts will calm down, billions will be made from the dope shops, Thailand will be the drug capital of the world, attracting more gangs, that you and I will have to pay for, because they blame to make visa conditions harder, when quite simply the gangs are nothing but organised drug dealers and should be banned. They are the main drivers of crime in NZ, with shootings nearly every day now, and these same gangs are from Australia and NZ with chapter's in the USA and UK. So my money is still on Anutin to be PM, but the watch man may still be in. I think the country will have a bit of protests but they thinking that the return of Thaksin will calm down the situation and whyskey incense and cigar sales will boom. 

16 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Ever since Julius Caesar was assassinated, tyrants have run the world, interestingly, Tyrant means Democracy, after they blow up countries to give you freedom, you have to pay them back for wrecking your life's and taking all the assets in the world.