Protesters Block Pheu Thai Headquarters, Leaders Stuck Inside

webfact

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Not protesters, enthusiastic supporters (spin doctors bread and butter exercise)

Sorry, I was misled by the OP! ????

A GROUP of protesters tried to storm Pheu Thai Party headquarters today (Aug. 7) 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would love the see interviews or surveys of those voters, especially the red-shirts and farmers up country.

Do they know what is happening?

Do they care?

Will they not vote for PT again?

I hope they will learn. But then, they believed a billionaire was one of them, so I am not so sure they will learn now.

I hope so but I'm not optimistic. The facts have been there in plain sight for many years, but they don't seem to have noticed. 

Of course most of it is down to Thaksin, and he openly backed the army over justice for those killed in the 2010, the last time PT was in power because it suited his agenda. 

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I hope so but I'm not optimistic. The facts have been there in plain sight for many years, but they don't seem to have noticed. 

Of course most of it is down to Thaksin, and he openly backed the army over justice for those killed in the 2010, the last time PT was in power because it suited his agenda. 

Sorry it should read '2010 protests'

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I would love the see interviews or surveys of those voters, especially the red-shirts and farmers up country.

Do they know what is happening?

Do they care?

Will they not vote for PT again?

I hope they will learn. But then, they believed a billionaire was one of them, so I am not so sure they will learn now.

Expect Chang Mai and a few other places to go from red to orange.  BJT may not be the full military but they were a major player int he last governemtn so it can be seen as a betrayal and you can bet MFP is going to paint it that way.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

There were Red Shirt demonstrations against Pheu Thai's moves last week in Chiang Mai. Basically saying: We (Reds) are with MFP.

One up for the books.

But aren’t they bankrolled by the same demigod from Dubai?

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

I'll believe it when I see 1 or 2 million on the streets.

If there were half a million,   they had shown Roof top OR  Drone photo few kilometers away. 

Showing photos few meters away,  you can figure how many were there.   

Well Just another  M.M.  thing

1 hour ago, bizboi said:

But aren’t they bankrolled by the same demigod from Dubai?

They may have been but were always (in my understanding) organizationally separate.

The Reds were particularly strong in Isaan (not surprisingly given the benefits Thaksin had given to the rural poor), but Isaan split its votes in May last between PTP & MFP.

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

There were Red Shirt demonstrations against Pheu Thai's moves last week in Chiang Mai. Basically saying: We (Reds) are with MFP.

One up for the books.

Chiang Mai has gone orange. Last election, FFP only had 1 seat out of the 10. Now they have 7 and PTP lost most their incumbent seats. Only manage to win 2 seats this election. 

• Thumbs Up 1

MFP had always expected it to take another 4 years to be in a position to form a government, last May's election result was to a certain degree a suprise for them as well. If they spend the next four years progressing the way they have so far, in theroy should be a landslide for them. However, those in "Power" now will no doubt realise this, and spend the interim period trying to take them down.

• Thanks 1