Request for Investigation into Monks Wearing Bras

webfact

11 hours ago, 2long said:

Hang on. Am I reading it right that Grade 5 students are offering sexual services! Forget about the cross dressing, sneaking out, and doing it within the grounds of a temple. Grade 5 is about 10-11 years old! Call the police!

Matthayom 5 is formally known as Grade 11. The article states M5, (in Thai), but wrongly prints 'Grade 5'

These boys are 16/17 years old.

5 hours ago, Ginner said:

It does say GRADE 5 in the article which is 10/11 years old, don't forget a novice monk can be any age. In the photo, he doesn't look like a 16/17-year-old.

It also says M5 in Thai language.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 2long said:

Hang on. Am I reading it right that Grade 5 students are offering sexual services! Forget about the cross dressing, sneaking out, and doing it within the grounds of a temple. Grade 5 is about 10-11 years old! Call the police!

I think they are looking at matayom 5 more than prtom 5 looking at the picture.

Still not good.  The difference is athat most kids have no idea what Bhuddism is. Asked Pratom 5 students why they had a holiday and what they did and they just said bhudda lent but had no idea beyond that most of them just had a normal day off.

I think it would be interesting to ask a lot of NA kids what Christmas is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon inspection at the temple, no such monks were found, and the nearby temple school had no knowledge of the individuals or the alleged actions, as confirmed by local residents.

So when the foxes checked the henhouse, they found zero foxes?  OK, I'm reassured.  

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thais are even ignorant about their own religion.

Whilst the adherents of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism of every other nation on earth are 101% all-knowing and compliant?

I see.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, stoner said:

short time monks. no surprise at all considering the multitude of stories over the years showing the reality of what happens in many of these so called temples. 

In the far north of NZ there is a beautiful Buddhist temple with Korean monks, we donate them with robes from Thailand as they are hard to get in NZ. 

Korean monks can be male and female, they told us that it's very hard for women in Thailand to ever be able to be a monk and they think this is a bit strong. 

"................no such monks were found, and the nearby temple school had no knowledge of the individuals or the alleged actions, as confirmed by local residents."

Plenty of notice given - no doubt now moved on to "inactive posts"?

the number of "incidents" involving Monks is unacceptable. From inapproriate behaviour to actual criminal activity - nothing seems to be outside of their remit and yet they still expect to be treated with reverence everywhere they go. 

They should be ordered to behave appropriately and in keeping with their status in society - plain and simple.

They are at risk of just becoming a worldwide joke as the whole world now sees these stories that emerge.

Edited by Jackbenimble

3 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

the number of "incidents" involving Monks is unacceptable. From inapproriate behaviour to actual criminal activity - nothing seems to be outside of their remit and yet they still expect to be treated with reverence everywhere they go. 

They should be ordered to behave appropriately and in keeping with their status in society - plain and simple.

They are at risk of just becoming a worldwide joke as the whole world now sees these stories that emerge.

I've only seen one article in UK media in about 3 years. That was the monk in Sissaket with a helicopter.

I have, however, seen numerous stories about Catholic priests being responsible for abuse and cover ups.

I'd say the worldwide joke is not on Thai Buddhism.

Edited by youreavinalaff

22 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've only seen one article in UK media in about 3 years. That was the monk in Sissaket with a helicopter.

I have, however, seen numerous stories about Catholic priests being responsible for abuse and cover ups.

I'd say the worldwide joke is not on Thai Buddhism.

lets just change the thread then to catholic priests eh as you seem to know more about them?