Ukraine arrests woman over alleged plot to kill Zelensky

Social Media

image.png

Ukraine's security service says a woman has been arrested over a Russian plot to kill President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The service said she had tried to find out the itinerary ahead of his visit to flood-hit Mykolaiv in June.

Ukraine regularly accuses local residents who support Russia of passing information to help Moscow's military.

Mr Zelensky confirmed he had been informed about the arrest saying the head of the SBU had updated him about the "fight against traitors".

Russia has not commented on the arrest.

Ukraine's security service, the SBU, said in a statement that the woman was arrested "red-handed" when she was trying to pass intelligence to the Russians.

They alleged that ahead of the visit, she tried to gather intelligence to try to find out Mr Zelensky's plans in the southern Mykolaiv region.

They also published an image of the suspect with masked SBU officers in a kitchen, blurring the faces of both the woman and the officers.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Zelensky's trying to protect his nation from a brutal despot who murders, assassinates, and terrorises his own people as well as Ukrainians.

I do not understand "his own people as well as Ukrainians".  What am I missing here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I do not understand "his own people as well as Ukrainians".  What am I missing here?

Putin has terrorised his people for years.

People are afraid to speak openly and if ya watch independent news casters and volggers who talk to Russian citizens you see this terrorisation crystal clear.

My question to you IAMHERE is where have you been?

Putins Secret Police bash people in the streets for - protesting is illegal in Russia, homosexuality is a crime, any street protests like for LGBTQI - womens - abortion etc. has and is met with billy-clubs and tasers and gulag imprisonment with no trials.

People (thousands and thousands) have been disappeared from their homes in the dead of night because they have been in formed on for anti-Putin speech.

NO CRITICISM WHATSOEVER IS ALLOWED under immediate persecution by the Putin secret police goons.

There is NO free press whatsoever in Russia at the direct hand of Putin (this from 4 journalists I know personally and who since about 2015 periodically been imprisoned without any trial for writing critically of the regime beaten, starved and slow poisoning in prison.

All of them now thankfully fled between another arrest and imprisonment and endure the most horrific exodus in the dead of night's literally ala the days of the Iron Curtain.

If you think Russia is a free place and Putin is not persecuting and bleeding his own nation, and that the insane, truly insane propaganda spoken on State tv (that is all there is) is somehow rational peaceful sane and humane then I suggest you go look at 'RT TV' and see what is happening there with your own eyes.  

There have been around 350,000 (that is said to be a soft number not near the actual) men who have fled Russia because of the conscription or rather press-ganging of the populace to fight a war most (except for the ultra- nationalist Ruskies) who love this idea of a neo-USSR, Neo-Stalinist rule under Putin.

It appears fellow A.N. member that you are not here at all, but live in some other parallel reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Putin has terrorised his people for years.

People are afraid to speak openly and if ya watch independent news casters and volggers who talk to Russian citizens you see this terrorisation crystal clear.

My question to you IAMHERE is where have you been?

Putins Secret Police bash people in the streets for - protesting is illegal in Russia, homosexuality is a crime, any street protests like for LGBTQI - womens - abortion etc. has and is met with billy-clubs and tasers and gulag imprisonment with no trials.

People (thousands and thousands) have been disappeared from their homes in the dead of night because they have been in formed on for anti-Putin speech.

NO CRITICISM WHATSOEVER IS ALLOWED under immediate persecution by the Putin secret police goons.

There is NO free press whatsoever in Russia at the direct hand of Putin (this from 4 journalists I know personally and who since about 2015 periodically been imprisoned without any trial for writing critically of the regime beaten, starved and slow poisoning in prison.

All of them now thankfully fled between another arrest and imprisonment and endure the most horrific exodus in the dead of night's literally ala the days of the Iron Curtain.

If you think Russia is a free place and Putin is not persecuting and bleeding his own nation, and that the insane, truly insane propaganda spoken on State tv (that is all there is) is somehow rational peaceful sane and humane then I suggest you go look at 'RT TV' and see what is happening there with your own eyes.  

There have been around 350,000 (that is said to be a soft number not near the actual) men who have fled Russia because of the conscription or rather press-ganging of the populace to fight a war most (except for the ultra- nationalist Ruskies) who love this idea of a neo-USSR, Neo-Stalinist rule under Putin.

It appears fellow A.N. member that you are not here at all, but live in some other parallel reality. 

Without wishing to diminish from the general picture of oppressiveness that you painted and with which I mostly agree, homosexuality is not a crime in Russia. That's not to say that the rights of the LGBT community are equal or protected, but same sex activities are not illegal per se.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/8/2023 at 1:32 PM, Tropposurfer said:

"Keep trying"? What? To kill Zelensky? Who other than an insane, ultra-nationalist, fascist, anti-semite (Zelensky being Jewish) would wish him dead?

Zelensky's trying to protect his nation from a brutal despot who murders, assassinates, and terrorises his own people as well as Ukrainians.

Zelensky being Jewish gets brought up many more times. Who says he lives or acts like a Jew should.

The maffia from Scically is dy hard catholic but do they live accordingly; they kill like crazy.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, DD86 said:

Zelensky being Jewish gets brought up many more times. Who says he lives or acts like a Jew should.

The maffia from Scically is dy hard catholic but do they live accordingly; they kill like crazy.

Putin thanks you for such garbage.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Without wishing to diminish from the general picture of oppressiveness that you painted and with which I mostly agree, homosexuality is not a crime in Russia. That's not to say that the rights of the LGBT community are equal or protected, but same sex activities are not illegal per se.

May as well be.

https://www.thebulwark.com/russia-to-gays-shut-up-and-disappear/