Tiny passport tear denied boarding Thailand flight

roamer

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

That's the page that forgers will mess with. that's why it got rejected.

If you bothered to read my first comment that it exactly what i said.

The other gent was refused coz of a regular page ( no 18 ) which is rough.

On 8/8/2023 at 2:54 PM, roamer said:

You can look at it how you choose but it's no coincidence that the amount of passengers denied boarding for "irregularities" has increased dramatically in line with the increased amounts of compensation airlines have to pay passengers for not allowing boarding. Overbook a long haul flight by 10 seats, not uncommon, and that's 6000 Euros owed in compensation and there are an ever increasing load of claims companies out there happy to take on your case. Hence airlines increasingly looking for ways to avoid paying out on overbooked flights. Point is that a less than 100% correct ticket/passport/visa is far more readily pounced upon when a flight is overbooked than when it isn't.

Also the "photo" was not the issue here, it's not even a photo, on this issue of passport it's printed onto the page beneath the laminate, can't be substituted and also printed on the facing page as in the image below from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/basic-passport-checks/basic-passport-checks-accessible

Qatar were just trying to avoid paying out for overbooked flights, end of.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 192900.png

You're wrong in your speculation of the airlines motive and just trying to make an excuse to blame the airlines. They don't practice denying boarding for the reasons you suspect. If the tear or damage is on the data page or near the enbeded encryption it is suspected of tampering. It sounds petty but people doing their job isn't cause for blaming for ridiculous reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just another example of a complete power tripping anus hole in the system. I come across them sometimes and not much comeback when they have the upper hand.  Im sick of it all and try to limit my interaction with all forms of authority over me.  Yes life sucks. I'm almost dead,  but feel for future generations. 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a number of problems with Middle Eastern airline companies. Petty stuff. I like Emirates with the big A 340 planes but have had several problems, large and small, funnily enough at Manchester Airport. The check in staff were so lazy and so arrogant that I (stupidly) lost my rag. I was kicked out by security. I swore I would never fly them again.

Qatar is my least favourite. I found them picky and unhelpful and the equipment in my opinion is not as good as either Etihad or Emirates.

Etihad was airline of choice to the UK, but I haven't flown them for a while because of COVID.

My sympathies to you for your inconvenience. 

• Confused 1