House rental- foreign customer- our duties are?

We have a spare house on our land which we just rented yesterday for a year to a Filipina national who is coming to work for a big company nearby.

She has signed the contract, got her copies and paid a deposit and just gone off to Bangkok to sort her affairs and returns next Monday to take up occupancy.

Do we now inform Kalasin immigration of this arrangement? Last people in there were my other half's Thai family a long while ago.

This is one house on our land, we are not professional landlords who rent out properties as a business. 

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

We have a spare house on our land which we just rented yesterday for a year to a Filipina national who is coming to work for a big company nearby.

She has signed the contract, got her copies and paid a deposit and just gone off to Bangkok to sort her affairs and returns next Monday to take up occupancy.

Do we now inform Kalasin immigration of this arrangement? Last people in there were my other half's Thai family a long while ago.

This is one house on our land, we are not professional landlords who rent out properties as a business. 

You can download the immigration sec. 38 app for your phone to register your rental property in the database.  Once confirmed you can then do a TM-30 for the occupant on the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

You can download the immigration sec. 38 app for your phone to register your rental property in the database.  Once confirmed you can then do a TM-30 for the occupant on the app.

I have just deleted my old immigration app and now cannot find a replacement to download in Play store.

I will just have to go to Kalasin.

23 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have just deleted my old immigration app and now cannot find a replacement to download in Play store.

I will just have to go to Kalasin.

If the Section 38 app was previously installed on your Android phone then you should be able to reinstall it as follows:

Play Store -> Profile button in top right corner -> Manage apps & device -> Manage -> Not installed

Then click on the app name and Install from the next screen

See attached screenshot for an example of how Google stores your uninstalled apps:

Screenshot_20230809_152852_Google Play Store.jpg

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Yes, by law you must submit a TM30 notification when foreigners are staying in a property that you own.

@Scouse123 > To do this, you have 2 options:

1 - Go in person to your local Imm Office and provide them with the required documents to notify that a foreigner is staying at your premises. 

In your case those documentts would consist of copies of the rental agreement, the Blue book of the rented house, and the data of the person staying at your premisses (i.e. Passport details, e.g. copy of the passport ID-page and Visa/entry stamp).  

2 - Easier would be if you register your property on the IO-TM30 website.  Once registered - which can take 10 minutes to 5 working days - you will receive a username;password that will enable you to notify Immigration on-line that a foreigner is staying at your premises.  

Having done so and confirmed by Immigration, you can make a screen-shot print-out of that confirmation. 

Note: It would be useful to give a copy of that to your rentee, to take with her if ever she needs a service of the Immigration Office (which they will only provide when they have a TM-30 on file of your registered address).  

>> I did sent you PM a comprehensive guideline document on how to register the address on the IO-TM30 website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

If the Section 38 app was previously installed on your Android phone then you should be able to reinstall it as follows:

Play Store -> Profile button in top right corner -> Manage apps & device -> Manage -> Not installed

Then click on the app name and Install from the next screen

See attached screenshot for an example of how Google stores your uninstalled apps:

Screenshot_20230809_152852_Google Play Store.jpg

Hi,

I didn't have section 38, I don't think so anyway.

I think I had the immigration e services??

I deleted the app because it wouldn't let me in at all, and I thought I could reinstall on Play store but it isn't there.

I've not used to report or anything as its very rare I am here continuously for 90 days.

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

@Scouse123 > To do this, you have 2 options:

1 - Go in person to your local Imm Office and provide them with the required documents to notify that a foreigner is staying at your premises. 

In your case those documentts would consist of copies of the rental agreement, the Blue book of the rented house, and the data of the person staying at your premisses (i.e. Passport details, e.g. copy of the passport ID-page and Visa/entry stamp).  

2 - Easier would be if you register your property on the IO-TM30 website.  Once registered - which can take 10 minutes to 5 working days - you will receive a username;password that will enable you to notify Immigration on-line that a foreigner is staying at your premises.  

Having done so and confirmed by Immigration, you can make a screen-shot print-out of that confirmation. 

Note: It would be useful to give a copy of that to your rentee, to take with her if ever she needs a service of the Immigration Office (which they will only provide when they have a TM-30 on file of your registered address).  

>> I did sent you PM a comprehensive guideline document on how to register the address on the IO-TM30 website.

I have downloaded the app thanks to assistance here.

When she returns next week, I will register here through the app.

Any hiccups, we will just take a trip and day out to Kalasin city, it's only 1 hour away and a change of scenery!

Thank you

• Thumbs Up 2