Thai wife visa 400k

Hi all,

I'm about to get my Thai wife visa renewal and of course that 400k++ is in the bank.

Getting Visa tomorrow and there currently a promotion for a car that would put me below 400k for 1-2 days by the time that I transfer more money from .my country.

That said, if I get my visa tomorrow (all done).

Can I use the money the same day AFTER I get my visa and put back money next week or money must remains x days even after getting Visa?

Thx

53 minutes ago, enkiki said:

Getting Visa tomorrow and there currently a promotion for a car that would put me below 400k for 1-2 days by the time that I transfer more money from .my country.

You are obtaining an extension.

Some immigration offices require you to show funds in bank when you return for final stamp.

Having said that I have NEVER read one report of final stamp not issued due to not maintaining the funds. A reprimand yes.

As for transfer of funds.

I did a large..ish transfer last week using WISE.

Started transfer at 11am. Funds landed in my Thai bank at 1.30pm

Why didn't you transfer today. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

Depending on which IO, they can be pretty picky, they get nervous when you are close to the 400K. Last year I paid off one of our townhouses, and had only 500K in my account when I went in for extension, they weren't even all that happy with that much. This year I've been keeping the balance close to 1 Million Baht, but they still wanted to know where more money would come from, like I am supposed to send all my funds from the US to here to please them.....Its getting annoying!

The thread is concerning extension based on marriage.

Using money I bank method the financials are very clear.

From your post seems you are referring to extension based on retirement.

Again the requirements are very clear.

Finally for extensions based on retirement the funds are not required to be shown from overseas.

Strange

Even if your extension is based on marriage the 400k is only required to be in bank for 2 months prior to application

Then can be withdrawn. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Finally for extensions based on retirement the funds are not required to be shown from overseas.

Strange

Even if your extension is based on marriage the 400k is only required to be in bank for 2 months prior to application

Then can be withdrawn. 

I thought we had an agreement? NO?

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The post I read seemed to be about in the bank marriage extension of stay financials and a specific officer asking for additional information.  Which seems to happen on occasion.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Which is the case for marriage - it is not a local office decision so money should be available for check until final approval to be safe.

Right. Each renewal of my marriage visa I had to show 400k when picking up the stamp a month later. And one can hear the officers say the same to other applicants: leave the money in the bank until you get your visa approved. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, aluc said:

I will disagree with you.

By the rules one have to have 400k in bank account two months before applying for one year extension. There is nothing said about one should have to keep balance over 400k after. Yesterday I got my one year extension, volunteer just took my passport and bring it back to me after 10 minutes with stamp in it.

However when I applied for extension I asked to senior officer can I drop my balance bellow 400k while I`m under consideration period and the answer was - yes I can, but better to play it safe in case something is wrong with my paperwork and they might ask again to see my bank account balance.

Maybe it’s different for volunteer visa. 

55 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Maybe, it is different at your office. Which immigration office do you use?

Chaengwattana.

Photocopy of balance is required when picking up the marriage visa. Has been like this for years. (And I’ve heard many people being verbally reminded to follow this requirement.)

3 hours ago, CecilM said:

No. 
AND the money must remain in the bank for one month after the application has been submitted. 

Total nonsense most do for safety sake, there is no Must do,, never in 6 yrs+ have I been asked to show it when picking up my extension, in fact my missus went in to my stamp one time i sat in the car.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/9/2023 at 12:17 PM, enkiki said:

Yeah, just making sure "after" I get my new visa stamp in my passport.  

After you got your extension of stay-stamp, you can to my knowledge withdraw the money; they need to be there from 2 month before application and during the application process, if you get an "under consideration"-stamp.

20 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Depending on which IO, they can be pretty picky, they get nervous when you are close to the 400K. Last year I paid off one of our townhouses, and had only 500K in my account when I went in for extension, they weren't even all that happy with that much. This year I've been keeping the balance close to 1 Million Baht, but they still wanted to know where more money would come from, like I am supposed to send all my funds from the US to here to please them.....Its getting annoying!

1MB ?????

The requirements are very specific 400,000 baht seasoned for not less than 2 months…,

Thats it….  Not sure why your experience is so ‘wrong’… 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

1MB ?????

The requirements are very specific 400,000 baht seasoned for not less than 2 months…,

Thats it….  Not sure why your experience is so ‘wrong’… 

I keep 1 million in the account to avoid issues and have money for spending, the Immigration officer was concerned about only 500k in the account....this would be the Nonthaburi office. Whenever I go for extensions there, no two officers ever seem to handle things the same, the women officers being the worst so far. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I keep 1 million in the account to avoid issues and have money for spending, the Immigration officer was concerned about only 500k in the account....this would be the Nonthaburi office. Whenever I go for extensions there, no two officers ever seem to handle things the same, the women officers being the worst so far. 

Ok… the official figure is 400k… no one else seems to have issues with that as long as the account has not dipped below in the seasoning period - no need for more than that regardless of what the officers at the Nonhtaburi immi office suggest. 
One would be curious as to why they have targeted you with exaggerated requirements.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ok… the official figure is 400k… no one else seems to have issues with that as long as the account has not dipped below in the seasoning period - no need for more than that regardless of what the officers at the Nonhtaburi immi office suggest. 
One would be curious as to why they have targeted you with exaggerated requirements.

I thought it was weird too, I had to tell her I didn't want to send more over here because there is no interest applied on the account, and that I keep the equivalent of many 10's of millions of baht in the USA instead....then she stopped questioning me about money. 

10 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I thought it was weird too, I had to tell her I didn't want to send more over here because there is no interest applied on the account, and that I keep the equivalent of many 10's of millions of baht in the USA instead....then she stopped questioning me about money. 

Here is thread re extension retirement at Nonthaburi.

Smooth process.

Several others the same.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1295019-nonthaburi-immigration-retirement-extension/

Edited by DrJack54