No alcohol 3 weeks

bignok

34 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Ethyl?

or

Methyl?

What about gasohol E20?

Without ethanol rotting the brain cells, memorization of vocabulary should become more efficient.

It's no secret that the Mormon missionary youth in Taiwan (and elsewhere) are super proficient at foreign language acquisition.

They don't drink ethanol, nor tea, nor do they take caffeine or use tobacco.

It shows.

They always seem so happy...

image.png.e8c549c3383d4eaed05a6968040564ec.png

No alcohol.

These guys are ALWAYS smiling...

Nothing to do with that,it is the special underwear !

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

OP Congratulations if you have gone 3 weeks without alcohol...

That's a great jump start on a positive life change decision......

Keep up the good progress.....

I think 3 to 4 weeks per drink is a sweet spot. So once a month if rounded.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I bought a $100 bottle of Barbancourt Haitian rum in Laos, I had never had the 5* variety.

Like a quiet cloud of the cane slow-shifting my mouth. Havana Club Blue Label is still the best alcohol on earth, tho. 

And a month later, that bottle is still half full (for two drinkers). Why be a pig? I def like about 2-6 alcohol shots a week.

If a place has a for-real Lychee Martini, I'm in. Is there a bunch of lychee's soaking in a big jar of vodka behind the bar? Why isn't the Galangal Sour more of a thing?

Booze is the most popular food on earth for 10,000 years for a reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Can't relate to the issue not being a drinker at all, quit smoking though several years ago, which i loved, owing to health concerns, other than that, no vices at all, a real angle I'm.

I tend to look at that from a different angel.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Can't relate to the issue not being a drinker at all, quit smoking though several years ago, which i loved, owing to health concerns, other than that, no vices at all, a real angle I'm.

SEX?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

(I can understand their point about abstinence concerning alcohol and tobacco. But I don't understand the part about no vaginal sex until just after wedlock.)

I am quite happy to make do with a BJ in the interim.

Ethyl?

or

Methyl?

What about gasohol E20?

Without ethanol rotting the brain cells, memorization of vocabulary should become more efficient.

It's no secret that the Mormon missionary youth in Taiwan (and elsewhere) are super proficient at foreign language acquisition.

It shows.

No alcohol.

Methyl alcohol is poisonous, it's where blindness and death come from with illicit alcohol. Hence the term blind drunk. It is metabolized to formaldehyde in the liver.

Oddly enough, the therapy for methanol poisoning is to imbibe even more ethanol, as it speeds up elimination.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Methyl alcohol is poisonous, it's where blindness and death come from with illicit alcohol. Hence the term blind drunk. It is metabolized to formaldehyde in the liver.

Oddly enough, the therapy for methanol poisoning is to imbibe even more ethanol, as it speeds up elimination.

Yes.

Of course I realize this important point.

However, one other point about which you might not be aware.

During the bootlegger days in the US, it was not the methyl alcohol fraction of the drink that killed people.

Ethyl?

or

Methyl?

What about gasohol E20?

It shows.

No alcohol.

Because smiles sell, as per politicians, salesmen, and those wanting to get something from others. They also hide how a person is really feeling, because of the former.

14 minutes ago, proton said:

One thing more boring than a drunk are those constantly telling all and sundry how long it is since they had a drink ????

They feel good about themselves, which is the most important thing in love. Self love first. A person who's become addicted has a hard time getting rid of that addiction, as any cigarette smoker can attest. I think it's great that they want to better themselves. Drinking isn't a problem until it becomes an addiction, and the damage it can cause. Some have to stay away from it and it's very hard. Give them credit because you don't understand it if you're not going through it. Just like having depression. If you don't want to add constructive comments, you don't have to reply. Easy.

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

During the bootlegger days in the US, it was not the methyl alcohol fraction of the drink that killed people.

Enlighten me, what else? Apart from the alcohol itself, that is.

Currently watching "Boardwalk Empire". A bit nostalgic, as I was in Atlantic City for a conference in 1986.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

They feel good about themselves, which is the most important thing in love. Self love first. A person who's become addicted has a hard time getting rid of that addiction, as any cigarette smoker can attest. I think it's great that they want to better themselves. Drinking isn't a problem until it becomes an addiction, and the damage it can cause. Some have to stay away from it and it's very hard. Give them credit because you don't understand it if you're not going through it. Just like having depression. If you don't want to add constructive comments, you don't have to reply. Easy.

Well said. Being a critic is easy. They never build statues for critics.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

Yes it was, besides of course bullets and death from drinking too much anyway.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Anyway i find alcohol affects thinking if done often. Tis fun once in a while. 

I havent been sick once since i cut back a year ago.

Excluding your OCD thread posting, of course.

• Like 1

Never think about alcohol till eating something that warrants, deserves, is worthy enough to wash down with the suds of the GODS.

Now if they would only start making Kopper again.  I have 1 Snowy left, and fear I may never buy another slab of, as it's just not the same.  Takes months for me to finish a slab of Snowy.

10 minutes ago, bignok said:

Anyway i find alcohol affects thinking if done often. Tis fun once in a while. 

I havent been sick once since i cut back a year ago.

And I haven't been sick once since starting bevvying 60 years ago. Beat that! 555