Tragic twist: Teenager shoots parents with father’s firearm in northeast Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Police apprehended an 18 year old man who shot his parents with his father’s gun at the family residence in the Mukdaharn province of northeastern Thailand.

Community leader Saenee Promwicha reached out to the Meaung Mukdaharn Police officers yesterday afternoon after the teenage gunman, Pee, shot his parents at home. Police rushed to the scene with a rescue team and discovered Pee sitting in front of the house waiting to be arrested.

According to the police report, Pee’s 48 year old father, Banthom Phaka, was found near his pickup truck outside the house with gunshot wounds to his chest and right arm. Pee’s 39 year old mother, Kaew Phaka, was discovered inside the house, close to the kitchen, where she sat amidst a pool of blood, having sustained a gunshot wound to her stomach.

Neighbours who witnessed the incident informed officers that Banthom initially attempted to flee the house to seek help but due to the severity of his injuries, he collapsed before reaching safety.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via ThaiRath

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/tragic-twist-teenager-shoots-parents-with-fathers-firearm-in-northeast-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

The son should have been drowned at childbirth

seems quite excessive. i am sure he didn't learn any of this behavior in the 18 years of life he lived.

being born to a teenage mother in a developing nation probably helped immensely as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

seems quite excessive. i am sure he didn't learn any of this behavior in the 18 years of life he lived.

being born to a teenage mother in a developing nation probably helped immensely as well.

People learn almost everything about life in the first 5 years. Then they learn from their peers, who also learned the same way. Bad absent and evil parenting doesn't help a child grow into a normal  adult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Not knowing anything besides he may have had depression you can't assume what was going on in that house. Depressed people sometimes take anger from depression out on others, but usually it's turned inwards. There might have been abuse going on, which put him over the edge. Children aren't born evil. It's learned from birth on, from abuse, neglect or spoiling. Some are around other bad children, who don\t respect life, and think they have to do something violent to fit in with the other lunatic friends.

Aren't psychopaths or  sociopath born that way or their brains develop that way?

2 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Aren't psychopaths or  sociopath born that way or their brains develop that way?

Psychopaths are genetically started and environmental also. Can't be diagnosed until about age 18 or so. Sociopaths are mainly made, from abuse, neglect or extreme spoiling, when with parents from birth. Like narcissism, which is a learned behavior.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Children aren't born evil. It's learned from birth on, from abuse, neglect or spoiling

I would dispute that, although evil is perhaps too strong a word. Kids bully others in school all the time. Where do they learn that from? They are born with the desire to hurt others. Fortunately, most grow out of it. Others don't, but restrict their hate to social media posts. Humans instinctively don't like fellow humans. A simple example is not wanting someone to sit next to you on a bus. Being close to others of their species make them uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

People learn almost everything about life in the first 5 years.

Give me the boy until 7, I give you the man. 

That said, experimenting with drugs as a stable young teen, then getting addicted to yaba, could severely mess up anyone regardless of their upbringing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I would dispute that, although evil is perhaps too strong a word. Kids bully others in school all the time. Where do they learn that from? They are born with the desire to hurt others. Fortunately, most grow out of it. Others don't, but restrict their hate to social media posts. Humans instinctively don't like fellow humans. A simple example is not wanting someone to sit next to you on a bus. Being close to others of their species make them uncomfortable.

Bullies are usually bullied at home. Neglected emotionally by non caring or absent parents, or abused by them. That anger goes outward, many times starting with helpless animals, where they're repeating what happened to them, then onto siblings, then peers, especially the ones they perceive to be weaker than them.                                                                                             People hurt others because they aren't happy themselves. Low self esteem, narcissism ,learned from being hurt and or neglected by parents or caretakers, and sometimes depression turned outward.                                                                                No one is born to hurt others. They are trained. A child sees people being hit, or are hit themselves, they think it's normal behavior.                                                                                                                                                                                             Whenever I saw any of my children hitting another, I stopped it an explained why. I rarely ever hit any of my 6 kids, except a slap on the butt if they were doing something hurtful. My children do not hit others, including their own children, with the same exception. I see my girlfriends nephew being hit by his mom since he was a year old. Yelled at all the time, expecting the boy to understand like a 10 year old would. This happens almost every time I visit my girlfriend, who lives next door to them. That little boy is always trying to hit others for almost anything or nothing, just because he's mad at something. He picks up cats by the tail and throws them aside, sits on them and smacks them,even the kittens that live around. I try myself to calm him down, but he doesn't understand English. He does understand my tone though, and he knows I'm trying to get him to stop. That boy will grow up thinking it's okay to hit, and that may follow with his girlfriends and wife. This is being learned at home and is but one example of millions daily.                                                                                                                                                                             Humans either like or dislike other humans, because of the reasons explained .People are still little kids grown up, trying to act like adults but carrying what they've learned since childhood all their lives. 0-5 is the most important time of a child's life. Here they learn trust, kept promises, security, protection, fear,love, care, respect for animals and others and their property, among other things. Their brain develops at that time more, and faster, than any other time in their lives.                                                  No one knows how others feel about others just by seeing them in public. People have fears, phobias, prejudices and anxieties. This, along with the possibility of catching a disease, has people (some) not wanting to sit next to others. Then you have people who will sit next to a stranger and not think anything wrong, and start a conversation. Some are hiding something and don't want to get close to others. Some hate everyone and even they don't know why. That's learned behavior. Humans are meant to be with other humans. No one is happy alone. If they say they are, its fear from being close because someone hurt them they trusted before. People can be evil, and that's mostly because they were taught to be, not because they were born that way., with the exceptions of psychopaths, who are sometimes genetically predisposed to hurt others. Some of them are that way because of the environmental conditions in which they were raised.

3 hours ago, stoner said:

In my first 18 years of life I learned everything I needed to get me to retirement.

• Like 2

One thing we all know here is that access to guns and dangerous weapons is far too easy in Thailand, more so that it is in neighboring countries in this region.

Also, far too many people have them in their possession illegally and far too many youngsters know exactly where to purchase or acquire them.

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Psychopaths are genetically started and environmental also. Can't be diagnosed until about age 18 or so. Sociopaths are mainly made, from abuse, neglect or extreme spoiling, when with parents from birth. Like narcissism, which is a learned behavior.

I would disagree as some are just born evil/bad and its the same with animals.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Bullies are usually bullied at home. Neglected emotionally by non caring or absent parents, or abused by them. That anger goes outward, many times starting with helpless animals, where they're repeating what happened to them, then onto siblings, then peers, especially the ones they perceive to be weaker than them.                                                                                             People hurt others because they aren't happy themselves. Low self esteem, narcissism ,learned from being hurt and or neglected by parents or caretakers, and sometimes depression turned outward.                                                                                No one is born to hurt others. They are trained. A child sees people being hit, or are hit themselves, they think it's normal behavior.                                                                                                                                                                                             Whenever I saw any of my children hitting another, I stopped it an explained why. I rarely ever hit any of my 6 kids, except a slap on the butt if they were doing something hurtful. My children do not hit others, including their own children, with the same exception. I see my girlfriends nephew being hit by his mom since he was a year old. Yelled at all the time, expecting the boy to understand like a 10 year old would. This happens almost every time I visit my girlfriend, who lives next door to them. That little boy is always trying to hit others for almost anything or nothing, just because he's mad at something. He picks up cats by the tail and throws them aside, sits on them and smacks them,even the kittens that live around. I try myself to calm him down, but he doesn't understand English. He does understand my tone though, and he knows I'm trying to get him to stop. That boy will grow up thinking it's okay to hit, and that may follow with his girlfriends and wife. This is being learned at home and is but one example of millions daily.                                                                                                                                                                             Humans either like or dislike other humans, because of the reasons explained .People are still little kids grown up, trying to act like adults but carrying what they've learned since childhood all their lives. 0-5 is the most important time of a child's life. Here they learn trust, kept promises, security, protection, fear,love, care, respect for animals and others and their property, among other things. Their brain develops at that time more, and faster, than any other time in their lives.                                                  No one knows how others feel about others just by seeing them in public. People have fears, phobias, prejudices and anxieties. This, along with the possibility of catching a disease, has people (some) not wanting to sit next to others. Then you have people who will sit next to a stranger and not think anything wrong, and start a conversation. Some are hiding something and don't want to get close to others. Some hate everyone and even they don't know why. That's learned behavior. Humans are meant to be with other humans. No one is happy alone. If they say they are, its fear from being close because someone hurt them they trusted before. People can be evil, and that's mostly because they were taught to be, not because they were born that way., with the exceptions of psychopaths, who are sometimes genetically predisposed to hurt others. Some of them are that way because of the environmental conditions in which they were raised.

You make some valid points. What it comes down to, often, is that anyone is allowed to be a parent whether they are suited to that role or not, no qualifications needed.

30 minutes ago, BritScot said:

I would disagree as some are just born evil/bad and its the same with animals.

Disagree with what? These are facts from studies. Animals follow instinct to survive. We can be food to them if we allow ourselves to enter their environment. They aren't evil, but acting on the instincts created for them. There are predators and prey. Animals use a social hierarchy also, and that includes attacking other animals of their kind. They don't have a conscience like humans. They attack to eat or protect young, or their area from other predators.

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You make some valid points. What it comes down to, often, is that anyone is allowed to be a parent whether they are suited to that role or not, no qualifications needed.

Like Keanu Reeves said in Parenthood. You need a license to buy a dog, drive a car, even to catch a  fish, but they'll let any butt reamin a**hole to be a father.

17 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

The son should have been drowned at childbirth

You need a dose of your own medicine and then the world would be a better place. Your level of ignorance and stupidity are astounding and guess what, if we were to look at your childhood we would soon find the reason for your dysfunction. And along with this obvious level of dysfunction is the total inability to even discuss such issues - and how sick in the head is that ? If I was to say there was no such thing as free choice you would blow a gasket. If you knew anything about childhood development - which you clearly do not, you would know that criminals are created not born. But you are not even capable of discussing this. I would say "get an education" but in your case I can see that would be impossible as you only play to your confirmation bias - sorry for the long word.

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You don’t have a clue what you are talking about and know nothing about childhood development and further you would not want to learn as it would be contrary to your confirmation bias. And if we were to look into your childhood we would find the reasons for this. You are not even capable of discussing such issues, you would just wet yourself and run for the exit. The critical years are from 0 to 3… I could explain why but you are not capable of absorbing this – see confirmation bias. “They are born with the desire to hurt others.” wrong – idiot. Babies are born with a need to have their needs met – this is why they will shout and scream – you are confused but I guess that is an easy occurrence in your case. In a functional childhood there comes a time when the young child realizes there are other people they must become aware of and learn to become socialized but if the years 0 to 3 have been full of abuse this will be close to impossible. I could say a lot more, but it would be completely wasted on an idiot like you – but would gladly give you some lessons – except you don’t want them do you ? And we will find the answer to your perversions in your childhood.