90-Day Report Worry

I mailed my 90-day report, due on July 25, to immigration on July 10 by EMS and have tracking that it was delivered to Lak Si on the same day but the EMS charge seemed too low at only 30 baht.  Maybe the envelope was misdirected and didn't get to the 90-day section.  I haven't received a new reporting date yet.  Is there any way to set this right without a trip to Chaeng Wattana?  Or should I go to the location for late reporting?  Any advice will be gratefully accepted.

• Like 1

Thanks.  I will wait a week or two more.  You probably saved me an unnecessary trip.  I mentioned Laksi because of a failing memory. I now vaguely remember a post about all 90-day service being moved back to CW. It's frustrating!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is now one month since my report date on July 25 and I haven’t received a reply.  I mailed the report on July 10.   I now assume that something has gone wrong.  I plan to go to CW on August 29 with my EMS receipt and a copy of my TM-47 and passport copies.  Will I be fined?  Is there any point to waiting longer?  Thanks.

• Like 1

I must now go on Aug 31.  Delayed due to medical problems.  Since I filed by mail earlier, will I get a fine and a stamp in my passport? I am not in good health and can’t afford to be kicked out of Thailand.  I have been residing on a non-O for retirement for more than ten years with no health insurance and worry that the new government will toughen residence requirements.  More money in the bank would not be a problem but a health-insurance requirement would be.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I must now go on Aug 31.  Delayed due to medical problems.  Since I filed by mail earlier, will I get a fine and a stamp in my passport? I am not in good health and can’t afford to be kicked out of Thailand.  I have been residing on a non-O for retirement for more than ten years with no health insurance and worry that the new government will toughen residence requirements.  More money in the bank would not be a problem but a health-insurance requirement would be.

You are so overly worrying the situation.

A late filing of a TM47 so minor.

2000b fine at worst.

Personally don't think you will be fined with your EMS postal "evidence" 

As for changes to requirements for Non O extensions both the financials and insurance just relax.

Most of this is down to Big J playing the "look at Me" game.

Just chill. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Thanks Dr Jack54. I'm happy to know that there is no significant penalty and that residence requirements are not a worry.

Zero worry buddy.

You have NO issues.

Also chill about changes to current requirements.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, DogNo1 said:

It is now one month since my report date on July 25 and I haven’t received a reply.  I mailed the report on July 10.   I now assume that something has gone wrong.  I plan to go to CW on August 29 with my EMS receipt and a copy of my TM-47 and passport copies.  Will I be fined?  Is there any point to waiting longer?  Thanks.

I've waited as long as 6 weeks before to get the reply from Chaengwattana, though typical timescale would be 3-4 weeks using EMS both directions. No need to rush in. 

• Like 1

I received a copy of my next 90-day report date at CW today.  I scheduled an appointment online and only had to wait 25 minutes to receive it.  I asked the IO why it hadn't been mailed to me.  He said that the stamp on the envelope had been incorrect.  I told him that I had put a ten baht stamp on it as required.  "Not any more," he said.  Apparently what is now required is an EMS stamp but he didn't know what the value should be.  Does anyone have any information about this new requirement?  It is a pain to go out to CW.

• Like 1

EMS STAMP?   An IO told me yesterday that an EMS stamp would be necessary on my return envelope in the future, not a regular Thai postage stamp.  Does anyone know the details regarding this new requirement?

• Like 1

Back when I used to mail in 90 day reports I'd get an EMS sticker of the PO Counter, 32 baht I think, and the tracking number is on the receipt. Apply that to the return addressed envelope, then seal that in your outgoing envelope. Then purchase an EMS for that outgoing envelope.

Or I might affix at least 32 baht in stamps. then write "EMS" on the return envelope.

8 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

EMS STAMP?   An IO told me yesterday that an EMS stamp would be necessary on my return envelope in the future, not a regular Thai postage stamp.  Does anyone know the details regarding this new requirement?

Whenever I ask the post office for EMS on both the outbound and the return envelopes they've given me a sticker for the one I'm sending and stamps (37฿) affixed to the one I've enclosed. This was always fine with Chaengwattana, last time was a few weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I just checked the website. It still says to put a 10 baht stamp on the return envelope. I'm not doubting what the officer told you, but the online system clearly is not as efficient and trustworthy as it was some months back. Last time I filed, after waiting 5 days, I cancelled the pending application I had submitted and applied again. They took four days to then approve the new application--on the afternoon of the very last day my old 90 day expired. 

Question:  if the post office has you put 37 Baht in stamps on the return envelope how does immigration know that it is to be sent by EMS?  The IO showed me a label with bar codes on it that apparently is to be affixed to the return envelope.   I'm confused about what to put on the return envelope.  Is the new postage required perhaps 37 Baht?  It would be nice if immigration updated their instructions.  Of course immigration is unbelievably busy.  I've never seen it so crowded.