Australian Tourist Causes Havoc at Pattaya Temple, Cannabis Blamed by Some Thai Media

webfact

9 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

Trying to blame this on Cannabis is so unfair...Anyway, who is going to buy it?

The majority of the Thai public will buy it. They are not trying to convince tourists and weed smoking expats on AN that cannabis has this effect on people. There's some sort of policital campaign by the media and some politicians to blame everying on cannibis to have it banned. Once it is banned, they can go back to blaming everything on the true culprit - yabba.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mickboy said:

I figure he was hating on Thailand over something and drunk not spliffed, he's in it now

Yes, I met a Dutch couple once who replaced the Buddhas head on two statues on a postcard with cutouts of their own heads, it was seized at the post office when they went to post it home and the cops were called. They were threatened with possible jail time, after a grovelling apology oral and written and a three page explanation about their lack of knowledge about Buddhism and how ignorant they were about religion in general they were given a hefty fine and told it would be better if they left the town and went elsewhere. The woman was still visibly shaken when they told me about it. What this guy has done was considerably worse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Jason Bradly Scott is not a Germanic name, more Anglo.

Not Germanic name! The Anglo Saxons were a Germanic tribe that occupied England. Anglo giving the name to England.

English also belongs to the Germanic language. But you are correct in the name English but they are still Germanic both linguistics and humanistic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, I think we all know the contribution to the English language made by the Anglo Saxons, fact is that the mixture that resulted with Celtic, Latin, Viking, French and Anglo-Saxon has brought about a mongrel language, which although still an Indo-Germanic language, has had its Germanic roots severely weakened so that names and place names no longer sound familiar to a German ear, exceptions to this can be found in Friesian, some dialects such as Platt Deutsch have a remarkable similarity with English eg. English, 'what is the time' German, 'wie viel Uhr ist es', Platt Deutsch, 'wat hat die clock'.

This Plat Deutsch sounds like the dialect of the uneducated to me. I can only understand a little "hoch Deutsch" if spoken very "langsam"... All other dialects of German are pure fiction for my foreign ears...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

The majority of the Thai public will buy it. They are not trying to convince tourists and weed smoking expats on AN that cannabis has this effect on people. There's some sort of policital campaign by the media and some politicians to blame everying on cannibis to have it banned. Once it is banned, they can go back to blaming everything on the true culprit - yabba.

Why not just blame it on yabba now?

47 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

This Plat Deutsch sounds like the dialect of the uneducated to me. I can only understand a little "hoch Deutsch" if spoken very "langsam"... All other dialects of German are pure fiction for my foreign ears...

Sounds like a similar thing to British accents/dialect!?

Many years ago I was in a bar in BKK, a geordie guy announced that he was having one more drink, and then he was "Gannin' Yam for a ******* kip!". One of the Thai girls enquired which language he was speaking!????

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Try Bavarian! My German daughter was born in Bavaria, when she was around 7 or 8 years old and we watched 'Bauern Theater' on TV I as an Englishman would have to translate the Bayerisch into Hochdeutsch for her. Her mother is from Hamburg and at school only Hochdeutsch was allowed whereas in my office full of middle aged people Bayerisch was normally spoken so I picked it up quite easily. Later when we got some Spanish, English and Belgians joining our sewing club everything changed to Hochdeutsch, these days its only used in its true form in the villages.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Alcohol starts fights. 

Marijuana starts a jam session. 

This guy was clearly drunk or on some hard drugs like yaba

Many people drink and get drunk and never cause any problems. A small minority always cause problems when they drink.

14 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Absolutely. No way was weed involved. He would be going around hugging the monks and offering pizza as elms. 

Weed can induce psychotic breaks and schizophrenic states of minds in certain people. I was within that culture for over a decade, and it isn't always smiles and rainbows. You cannot say a sweeping blanket statement that it's all good or all bad; reality is a very greyscale situation. Some people can react badly towards cannabis mentally speaking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MurakamiX said:

Weed can induce psychotic breaks and schizophrenic states of minds in certain people. I was within that culture for over a decade, and it isn't always smiles and rainbows. You cannot say a sweeping blanket statement that it's all good or all bad; reality is a very greyscale situation. Some people can react badly towards cannabis mentally speaking. 

Agreed. In a similar way alcohol is no problem for most, but turns a small minority into monsters or alcoholics (or both).

It's said that cannabis can have a bad effect if taken during adolescence.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, barrybike said:

Damn , I wouldn’t like to be this guy , he will do a fair stretch in the hilton for this I’d say 

Hopefully, but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, barrybike said:

Edited by roo860

22 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Weed doesn't cause this kind of thing. In fact the opposite is true. Drunkenness does. 

Weed combined with other drugs or alcohol can cause all sorts of erratic behaviour. Some people become very paranoid. I don't know what caused this idiot to do this, it's very bad for tourists, send the idiot back to where he came from never to be allowed back. 

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Many people drink and get drunk and never cause any problems. A small minority always cause problems when they drink.

Different days, different behaviour for some. Many would regularly fall asleep peacefully, others get bolshy. A multi-day bender produces bad behaviour that is far from a person's normal. My behaviour changed as I got older, meaning the double digit nights had to be curtailed. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Different days, different behaviour for some. Many would regularly fall asleep peacefully, others get bolshy. A multi-day bender produces bad behaviour that is far from a person's normal. My behaviour changed as I got older, meaning the double digit nights had to be curtailed. 

I've known guys who're always a problem when they drink, one guy only when he got drank/got drunk on whisky (ok on any other booze). After saying that, I've found most are ok on it.

Many years ago I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt in Thailand that read: "Instant a****le - just add alcohol".

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

That would be Anglo Saxons not Anglo Celts, which is where most of my descendants are from. Indeed most people who are British that can trace their roots back are Anglo Celts..

It bis common for many to refer to themselves as Anglo Saxons when they are really Anglo Celts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Celtic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxons

Geography probably plays a big part in that. South and South Western England would have a strong Romano Anglo Saxon influence. Mainly an Italian Germanic influence with Danish/French from the Norman influence also. More Western and North Western English like yourself from Liverpool would be more Celtic influenced, with a lesser mix of the additional influences.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1