What % of farangs in Thailand are worth talking to?

bignok

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

There is more than 5 million non Thai citizens living in Thailand, 5% is too generous.

Am thinking more around the 0.0001% mark.

5m? Gee I didnt know that. Does that include Japanese and other asians?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, bignok said:

Lots of Chinese.

I keep hearing that, but in a year here, it seems they pack in during the tourist season, but are otherwise very light.

My building is about 80% Japanese Air BNB. Most of the businesses near me are for Japanese people; I have 2 macha tea parlors within 5 minutes walk. We seldom see a non-Jap in our fave sushi, Umai Sushi, or at the American Diner-themed Rock Me Burger next door. J-people love a fake American Diner.

That said, most of the good Chinese Restaurants in Chiang Mai are in Nimman, but I don't see many Chinese people eating in them. On the weekends, Nimman packs out with Thai people.

White Person Nimman is pretty small, because it's relatively expensive. And they're more in the swimming pool condo's on the Maya Mall side of the road than on our Nimman1 side of the road, which is the low -traffic maze of restaurants and street food and old growth big trees that make it feel bit Pai-ish. 

White Person Nimman is about having your pick of gyms, smoking local-price pot, and eating out a lot. Can't fault it. Or my brethren on that plan.

Any tourist I meet is blind with envy and wants to know rental prices. 98% of the white people I see are here for less than 3 days. They're usually 2nd timers to CM who want something diff from The Old City.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1