What % of farangs in Thailand are worth talking to?

bignok

The percentage of suitable farangs who you can talk to will rise if you keep off topics involving right and left politics, gender, climate change etc where perfectly nice seeming people can take off and become over the top boring. 

In Australia it's easy as I have established boundaries between me and who I want to see and who I don't. If moving to Thailand on your own I imagine it takes time to work out what to do, who to talk to, and how to set up new boundaries if appropriate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lextsy said:

There seems to be alot of Narcissistic people posting on these forums. No one has any right to judge another choice in location or lifestyle. There is so much negativity on here its wild.

My 2c.

Pattaya / Pratamnak / Jomtien the entire area is amazing. You can go wild or have a quiet night, you can stay home or go out, but the point is there is every option possible.

Pattaya is an amazing city, it has everything one needs to live in asia while still being connected to a lifestyle back home. Shopping, Eating out, Events, Shopping, Hospitals, Golf societies to name a few.

As for friends, meeting friends and chatting to randoms in bars most of the people who hang around LK  are clean, well dressed 60-80 year old aussies. Personally we can roll around with up to 30 people, All retired, like minded mix of english and aussie. Everyone is living here, has their own health issues and everyone supports each other mentally as everyone goes through issues. Sometimes a friend of a friend joins the group and he doesnt fit in but most fit in and form part of the group.

For anyone to disrespect Pattaya or anything about it, needs to really assess their own life and why they feel they are so bored, upset or disassociated with other humans. Pattaya is not the issue, you are.

Respect a city? What logic is this? Do we respect bridges next?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

In my early Pattaya days I talked to my fellow barstool wizards a lot. But I developped misanthropic tendencies as a result. I quit and turned into a "dog-whisperer".

Anyway, why would I need to talk to anyone, as long as I have "ASEAN NOW"? Here I find the climax of western intellect, wisdom and knowledge. All the posters here represent an amalgamation of all the cultural wisdom "the west" has accumulated over 300 years.
LONG LIVE THE POSTERS ON "ASEAN NOW". Forget the rest of the world.
----------------------
Of course, one can also be selective. Example: If not liking the company, just pay up and leave. Excuses for a hasty retreat are plentiful. The most popular is: "My Thai Wife is expecting me and if I am not on time she beats me up again".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lextsy said:

There seems to be alot of Narcissistic people posting on these forums. No one has any right to judge another choice in location or lifestyle. There is so much negativity on here its wild.

My 2c.

Pattaya / Pratamnak / Jomtien the entire area is amazing. You can go wild or have a quiet night, you can stay home or go out, but the point is there is every option possible.

Pattaya is an amazing city, it has everything one needs to live in asia while still being connected to a lifestyle back home. Shopping, Eating out, Events, Shopping, Hospitals, Golf societies to name a few.

As for friends, meeting friends and chatting to randoms in bars most of the people who hang around LK  are clean, well dressed 60-80 year old aussies. Personally we can roll around with up to 30 people, All retired, like minded mix of english and aussie. Everyone is living here, has their own health issues and everyone supports each other mentally as everyone goes through issues. Sometimes a friend of a friend joins the group and he doesnt fit in but most fit in and form part of the group.

For anyone to disrespect Pattaya or anything about it, needs to really assess their own life and why they feel they are so bored, upset or disassociated with other humans. Pattaya is not the issue, you are.

'For anyone to disrespect Pattaya or anything about it, needs to really assess their own life and why they feel they are so bored, upset or disassociated with other humans. Pattaya is not the issue, you are.'

You ought to work for TAT, the issue is Pattaya is a degenerate open air brothel for sex tourists and 20k prostitutes. Just look at the headlines this week, bouncers beating customers, Indians fighting with Ladyboys, thefts etc. These efforts to make the dump seem anything other than it's core business always makes me smile. 

Edited by proton
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

'For anyone to disrespect Pattaya or anything about it, needs to really assess their own life and why they feel they are so bored, upset or disassociated with other humans. Pattaya is not the issue, you are.'

You ought to work for TAT, the issue is Pattaya is a degenerate open air brothel for sex tourists and 20k prostitutes. Just look at the headlines this week, bouncers beating customers, Indians fighting with Ladyboys, thefts etc. These efforts to make the dump seem anything other than it's core business always makes me smile. 

But the farangs are well dressed.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, swissie said:

In my early Pattaya days I talked to my fellow barstool wizards a lot. But I developped misanthropic tendencies as a result. I quit and turned into a "dog-whisperer".

Anyway, why would I need to talk to anyone, as long as I have "ASEAN NOW"? Here I find the climax of western intellect, wisdom and knowledge. All the posters here represent an amalgamation of all the cultural wisdom "the west" has accumulated over 300 years.
----------------------
Of course, one can also be selective. Example: If not liking the company, just pay up and leave. Excuses for a hasty retreat are plentiful. The most popular is: "My Thai Wife is expecting me and if I am not on time she beats me up again".

so really ????funny !

13 hours ago, lextsy said:

My 2c.

How sad to think Pattaya and say I've been to Thailand is laughable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, proton said:

You need to indicate a quote or it's confusing.

Seems that you have the problem and not Pattaya. If you don't like it don't go there. You won't be missed.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, swissie said:

Indeed, LOL.

I find that if I can come on this forum I don't need to hang out in bars listening to drunken drivel.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

How sad to think Pattaya and say I've been to Thailand is laughable.

The whole point of visiting Thailand is to bang the locals.

If you don't want them, why would you come here, there are many better places for everything else.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

The whole point of visiting Thailand is to bang Thai hookers.

If you don't want them, why would you come here, there are many better places for everything else.

Never saw Thailand like that it was just one of many Asian countries I visited, ended up here because I liked it out of all.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The whole point of visiting Thailand is to bang the locals.

I thought that was the whole point of life, 'to bang the locals'  where ever that may be.  Or be banged by the locals, I'm easy.

While passing time, simply living, doing other things one enjoys.  

I didn't come here to socialize & make friends, especially with the foreigner lot that seem to come here due to financial issues, social skill/relationship & alcohol problems.  

Was a bit anti social back in the mother land (USA), even more so here.  At least back there, most didn't seem to be the from the bottom of the barrel.

Talk about dysfunctional .. making me look good ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I thought that was the whole point of life, 'to bang the locals'  where ever that may be.  Or be banged by the locals, I'm easy.

While passing time, simply living, doing other things one enjoys.  

I didn't come here to socialize & make friends, especially with the foreigner lot that seem to come here due to financial issues, social skill/relationship & alcohol problems.  

Was a bit anti social back in the mother land (USA), even more so here.  At least back there, most didn't seem to be the from the bottom of the barrel.

What a sad post, mr. MG, I think most here are glad you are a loner...................:unsure:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, transam said:

What a sad post, mr. MG, I think most here are glad you are a loner...................:unsure:

Feeling is mutual ... ????

I'll keep my socializing limited to the locals, family & friends. Conversations of family, kids, gardening, cooking, holidays, life activities.  Not revolve around alcohol & hookers, or bashing other nationalities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Let's be honest and wonder if ( assuming we had the money to live in other countries ) we'd have stayed if we couldn't bang the locals.

If not for the women I'd never have bothered going back after my first visit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's be honest and wonder if ( assuming we had the money to live in other countries ) we'd have stayed if we couldn't bang the locals.

If not for the women I'd never have bothered going back after my first visit.

Think you need to add another word .... 'afford' to bang the locals.

This is the only country I visited without bringing my 'companionship' with me, as not living with anyone at the time.  I get the convenience of renting while on short holiday, but not as a lifestyle living here.  Unless that's your thing, as it is with one friend back in USA, he pays them to leave in morning, not for the sex.

I want a relationship, not an employee to live with.  4th marriage, so I guess that is obvious, not that I didn't enjoy being single in between, but it gets old fast. 

Before anyone suggests, 'she is only with me because of my financial status', no, that's not the case.  Her family has way more money than me.  She doesn't need me for financial support.  Actually the opposite, and I've benefitted financially being with her.

First wife, yes, and why that was short lived, very short lived.