Agent bank account and retirement - legit or...

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

Time people realised the agent doesn't deposit 800k in bank and then draw it out anymore. Bangkok Bank takes a bribe to issue a false letter stating 800k in bank for 3 months. So not immigration fraud, but bank fraud

Time that you stop posting over-generalised nonsense.  Those who provide their passbooks to agents that then show the 800k being deposited are receiving the funds.  Bangkok Bank is not the only bank that applicants can use and the use of an agent certainly is not bank fraud.

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

If you go down this route then you need to be aware of the implications of what you're doing. If you don't understand the nuances then maybe it's not for you

Disregarding opinions of whether using an agent is legal or not, "implications and nuances" such as what?

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:
2 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

Throw in another 5000 for the bank account.

Don't forget the 5k 'insurance' scam.

...that doesn't exist when using an agent.  But, even if a policy is bought from the bank it is not "a scam", they sell real policies.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

As mentioned in my previous post, I consider the whole set-up a bribe if the IMM guy receives more than 1900 baht for an extension. 'Plausible deniability' makes no difference.

I can't help how other people choose to look at it and I am on no crusade to make things any different.

23 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I call BS, 3 of my friends used an agent and no money was transferred to their account. Bangkok Bank did issue a letter saying 800k baht in bank for 3 months though so immigration stamped as they met financial requirements

i call BS on your post, usually the letter only states the balance

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You will be bribing an immigration officer to get an extension because you don't match the requirements.

No, the OP will not be doing that.  Factually, the OP will be paying an agent his fee for his assistance.  No one who uses this type of agent's service has any involvement with any IO at any time.

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:
1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

You will be bribing an immigration officer to get an extension because you don't match the requirements.

What is legit about that?

I’m not bribing anyone- I don’t speak Thai 

Even if you did speak Thai  you still wouldn't be bribing anyone, you're just paying an agent his fee and how he gets the extension is his business.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

It does effect what I do. Because of agents using fake money to get visa they introduced rules that require 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application + 3 months after.  But only people not using an agent have to do this

True, the people doing it via bribes and corruption has definitely made things worse for those doing things legally. 

• Haha 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even if you did speak Thai  you still wouldn't be bribing anyone, you're just paying an agent his fee and how he gets the extension is his business.

the biggest fee goes to Immigration don't kid yourself it's the agent

I'm not kidding myself.   The applicant is not bribing anyone, don't kid yourself about that.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

No idea, I didn't say anything about Pattaya in particular.

I'll confirm for you, in Pattaya it's only Bangkok Bank

I'll take your word for that.  Just to confirm, you're stating that Pattaya Immigration officers will only issue 'money in the bank' extensions if the money is in BBL, yes, no other banks are considered?   IOs in Pattaya will deny any extensions for applicants with their money in other Thai banks, really?    I personally know people who get their extensions with their 800k in BBL, Kasikorn, KTB and UOBT.

26 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

What are you arguing, agent transferring 800k into bank account for 1 minute to get visa is legit? It's fraud and should be picked up on extension as not being in bank for 2 months as required by law

Are you arguing that IOs do not have discretion when it comes to issuing extensions?

58 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

So when I return to America and deposit the 800k thb in my Bangkok bank account and leave it in the account I will still

need an agent for the second year renewal???

Yes.

You use an agent. 

Funds in/out of your bank account.

You say going back to USA and deposit 800k into your Thai bank account.

At some point return to Thailand and prior to expiry of your extension you attend immigration yourself and not use an agent.

The very first thing the immigration officer wants to see your bank records.

May be as simple as looking at your bank book pages or some offices want bank statements.

They will look and every monthly balance back to previous extension and check if requirements were adhered to.

Result: No extension granted.

Also you would need to obtain new non O.

BTW: remember to obtain a reentry permit prior to exit from Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, if the 35k price includes 

1. Obtain bank a/c 

2. Obtain non O retirement (without you depositing 800k into the a/c) 

3. Obtain 12 month extension based on retirement.

Then yes 35k not ridiculous 

Especially for an application in Bangkok which could not be achieved at all a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'll take your word for that.  Just to confirm, you're stating that Pattaya Immigration officers will only issue 'money in the bank' extensions if the money is in BBL, yes, no other banks are considered?   IOs in Pattaya will deny any extensions for applicants with their money in other Thai banks, really?    I personally know people who get their extensions with their 800k in BBL, Kasikorn, KTB and UOBT.

We, all this thread have been talking about 800k in out which in Pattaya is only Bangkok Bank, not sure why you're talking about something else

• Haha 1

Are you arguing that IOs do not have discretion when it comes to issuing extensions?

No argument, IO's have discretion depending how much agent bribes them to overlook financial rules to get your Non-imm O visa and/or 12 month extension