Is Karma real?

Karma sure isn't stealing someone's wallet even if they did something dangerous to you or stealing a phone when you know who dropped it or taking revenge on someone that was rude. 

Karma isn't revenge or the permission to take it. Your actions were way worse than what was done to you and that bad karma is all yours. The chain of accumulation doesn't stop with you upping the ante.

When it ripens and nobody can tell when that be, you will either have forgotten or won't make the connection anymore.

Hoping for you this was all just creative writing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:20 AM, georgegeorgia said:

A couple of things I remember

I just stood over this guy ,no one around dark Soi and then I saw his wallet and picked it up and put it in my pocket and walked off !

I went back quickly there was no one around it was 3am I pretended to drop my backpack over the pink phone then picked it up put it in the bag and quickly walked off .

I felt good 

So you are a thief.  

I don't believe in karma or any other such nonsense, but I hope you get caught stealing one day and get well and truly punished.

Karma is real, the Earth is flat, and there's a guy with a white beard up in the sky who loves you so much.

Oh, and astrology, ghosts, lucky amulets, levitation, reincarnation, and even when folks with severe Alzheimers die, the second they are dead all their memory and personality returns in an instant.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

Karma sure isn't stealing someone's wallet even if they did something dangerous to you or stealing a phone when you know who dropped it or taking revenge on someone that was rude. 

Karma isn't revenge or the permission to take it. Your actions were way worse than what was done to you and that bad karma is all yours. The chain of accumulation doesn't stop with you upping the ante.

When it ripens and nobody can tell when that be, you will either have forgotten or won't make the connection anymore.

Hoping for you this was all just creative writing.

Those people needed punishment ( karma) they had no considerations for me !

Edited by georgegeorgia

20 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Could be true & it seems they got it but....Now it is your turn as you now have something to work out/pay back

Their wrongs did not entitle you to also do wrong

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Karma is real, the Earth is flat, and there's a guy with a white beard up in the sky who loves you so much.

Oh, and astrology, ghosts, lucky amulets, levitation, reincarnation, and even when folks with severe Alzheimers die, the second they are dead all their memory and personality returns in an instant.

Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs, of course. But then what is your explanation of how things happen?

Obviously, you don't follow the "bearded dude in the sky with a sick sense of humor who decides who perishes or gets sick today" one but which one then?

Is it all random? 

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

As has been pointed out to you by many posters here, what you did wasn't karma; it was vengeance. Not to mention the illegality of stealling a wallett, stealing a phone, instigating violence on a stranger and shaming a dying man on social media. If you can't see for yourself how wrong all of these things are then there really is no helping you. 

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

As has been pointed out to you by many posters here, what you did wasn't karma; it was vengeance. Not to mention the illegality of stealling a wallett, stealing a phone, instigating violence on a stranger and shaming a dying man on social media. If you can't see for yourself how wrong all of these things are then there really is no helping you. 

So I should let someone practically hitting me with the motorbike go?

That young arab guy was going berserk before he hit the spoed hump ,making noise revving up the engine , I stood over him , as he is wailing about his leg , and I just looked straight into his eyes ,that today still gives me a good feeling.

39 minutes ago, Mr Dome said:

Obviously, you don't follow the "bearded dude in the sky with a sick sense of humor who decides who perishes or gets sick today" one but which one then?

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as 'My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statement 'God is dead.'

The word God has become a closed concept. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer, perhaps, of an old man with a white beard, but still a mental representation of someone or something outside you, and, yes, almost inevitably a male someone or something.” Eckhart Tolle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Dome said:

Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs, of course. But then what is your explanation of how things happen?

Is it all random? 

It is totally random in matters such as good and bad. Individually it is totally random how we materialize in this world, too. One can be born male to intelligent parents in a developed country, and life is pretty easy. One can be born a female in rural Bangladesh and life is not going to be easy. Neither person 'deserved' his or her fate; it just is.

The reason religions and superstitions exist is because most people are uncomfortable with randomness. Random means no control. Many will accept a malevolent entity (such as the Old Testament god) over random, because there's always a chance to strike a deal with a malevolent entity. No chance for a deal with randomness.

On a large scale, everything is result of the basic forces of existence (and maybe 5). Electromagnetism, gravity, the strong atomic force and weak atomic force.

Every other belief system is from the Stone or Bronze Age, was conjured by ignorant people, and has zero evidence backing it up.

Yes, one can believe whatever one wants, but reality has no respect for foolish beliefs, so good is not rewarded and bad is not punished, at least by any unseen force.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

have you researched it?

LOL.

Research a superstition? Better to binge watch Peaky Blinders or pick the lint out of your navel.

While you're at it, 'research' if my cousin Joey created the Universe last week.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

That young arab guy was going berserk before he hit the spoed hump ,making noise revving up the engine , I stood over him , as he is wailing about his leg , and I just looked straight into his eyes ,that today still gives me a good feeling.

Your responses are text book examples of how a narcissist sees the world.

Bro, there's a mile-wide difference between reacting to someone's out of line behavior & what you did. I would have made a comment myself along the lines of "I hope that taught you a life-long lesson." & see what I could do to render assistance if needed.  *Of course, you shouldn't have stolen from him*. 

Your failure to see his accident as the immediate effect to his reckless behaviour is also puzzling but as it's all about you, then again not ????????‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

It is totally random in matters such as good and bad. Individually it is totally random how we materialize in this world, too. One can be born male to intelligent parents in a developed country, and life is pretty easy. One can be born a female in rural Bangladesh and life is not going to be easy. Neither person 'deserved' his or her fate; it just is.

The reason religions and superstitions exist is because most people are uncomfortable with randomness. Random means no control. Many will accept a malevolent entity (such as the Old Testament god) over random, because there's always a chance to strike a deal with a malevolent entity. No chance for a deal with randomness.

On a large scale, everything is result of the basic forces of existence (and maybe 5). Electromagnetism, gravity, the strong atomic force and weak atomic force.

Every other belief system is from the Stone or Bronze Age, was conjured by ignorant people, and has zero evidence backing it up.

Yes, one can believe whatever one wants, but reality has no respect for foolish beliefs, so good is not rewarded and bad is not punished, at least by any unseen force.

"Totally random" means in detail though that farmers planting potatoes might get corn and two mating dogs might result in rabbits or that kicking a policeman might actually get you a smile/thumbs up from him.

Obviously, things are in fact related along cause & effect, if one only looks around and considers them. Saying it applies to everything BUT our actions doesn't make much sense.

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You need to seek some help. That is just not normal behavior. 

7 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

"Totally random" means in detail though that farmers planting potatoes might get corn and two mating dogs might result in rabbits or that kicking a policeman might actually get you a smile/thumbs up from him.

Obviously, things are in fact related along cause & effect, if one only looks around and considers them. Saying it applies to everything BUT our actions doesn't make much sense.

You make a spurious leap.

There is zero connection between bad behavior and negative repercussions, unless the cops get you or the aggrieved party knows who and where you are. The Universe plays no part in that.

Karma is a concept drawn up in the infantile hope there is some retribution inherent in nature itself. There is no physical law to make such a thing happen.

The examples you note are not random. To make a leap from planting corn seeds/later harvesting corn to 'do something bad and the Universe gets you back' is just a fantasy.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Karma is a concept drawn up in the infantile hope there is some retribution inherent in nature itself. There is no physical law to make such a thing happen.

karma, flat earth, god .... perhaps all unprovable.

but have you ever experience syndchronicity or deja vu? those types of events defy the laws of gravity. 

16 hours ago, Walker88 said:

You make a spurious leap.

There is zero connection between bad behavior and negative repercussions, unless the cops get you or the aggrieved party knows who and where you are. The Universe plays no part in that.

The examples you note are not random. To make a leap from planting corn seeds/later harvesting corn to 'do something bad and the Universe gets you back' is just a fantasy.

Still, people who do bad things, tend to not do so well in the long run and vice versa, even without the factors you quoted. It's pretty obvious if one cares to analyse.

But I don't want to make it sound as if I want folks to change to what I have experienced, so I'll stop here.

All the best.

P.S. The earth sure isn't flat ????