Brutal assault on Udon Thani schoolgirl triggers national outrage and cries for justice

webfact

Any school in the UK has the same problems especially inner city schools but I have never read one so violent as this in Thailand. Saying that there must be full punishment under the law for that girl. If you can lose it so much so as to ignore the other poor girls plea for mercy then she should expect the same in the eyes of the law. The fact her father pleaded for her says it all. Few take responsibility for their actions here. It's called collectivism and it's coming to the west unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

The longer i life here the more i dislike the peoplehere.

What they do to other people, kids and whatever walks here.

Keep going with those VIOLENT soap series !! For them it's NOT fiction.....

50 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I said it yesterday in an other thread.
These people don't belong to the human race, they are animals (sorry for the animals to compare them to Thais scum).

I would have thought anyone who attacks another should be condemned, regardless of nationality.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Those are your assumptions. I don't play loud music nor do I have parties, I don't annoy my neighbours and they don't annoy me. The good thing about living in the country is that you don't live on top of one another as you do in a city. The houses are well spaced out with large grounds in between. I have water buffaloes on one side of my garden wall and geese and cows on the other side. The lane outside my gate isn't paved and I sometimes have to move a cow or buffalo to drive my car out. Despite having council offices and a growing population it still has the atmosphere of a farming community, come harvest time the civil servants go missing because they are out in the fields. Two days ago my water pump stopped working, so no showers and the washing machine was silent (the repair mechanic was fertilizing his fields and 'will come when I'm finished') so the wife washed our clothes at a neighbours house and we showered and used the toilet there. I have three large rain water urns, if a neighbour runs dry (in the hot season) it is absolutely normal that they can get their drinking water from me. It is a peaceful friendly place to live and I wouldn't swop it for anywhere else.

Its not that long ago a falang and his friend was having a beer playing loud music a neighbour asked him to turn it down he refused next minute he is hacked to death with a machette and his friend just survived. That was in a village in Issan.

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Never had problems nor seen any fights, I get greeted wherever I go and people seem to go the extra mile to help each other out, so I must disagree.

You are absolutely right, but not when they are behind dark tinted windows of their cars and nobody knows who they are even if others see their face inside their cars (simply they don't care). 

5 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Thai neighbors realy think of you.

I'm sure they do think of me all the time???? especially when they see me around, but I'm not sure what they got in their mind. What I'm sure is "jealousy" is there most of times behind smiling faces or without any smile on faces.????

5 hours ago, riclag said:

The father and school should publicly apologize to the victim! 

This could happen perhaps in western world , but not here. In most cases they apologize to get away with what they have done wrong and only because some others could find out who they are and their face is in middle. 

This is 100x worse in the US. Remember when Joe Biden said he didn't want his growing up in a racial jungle? Well that's happened now and it's ugly. Looking at the videos that come out it looks like some schools are full blown gang war zones. Thailand is nowhere near this point.

It is regretfully becoming a worldwide plague in teens beating upe each other, settling thus their scores with filming and shaming.

On a contradictory note, thank god however it was filmed and led to social uproar.

But what about all similar issues that go undetected by society and the law ?

Hopefully the arms of the law will catch up with due severity against the culprit, before the victim's relatives do.

54 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Its not that long ago a falang and his friend was having a beer playing loud music a neighbour asked him to turn it down he refused next minute he is hacked to death with a machette and his friend just survived. That was in a village in Issan.

There are nutters everywhere but as I wrote already, I don't annoy them and they don't annoy me.

58 minutes ago, The Theory said:

You are absolutely right, but not when they are behind dark tinted windows of their cars and nobody knows who they are even if others see their face inside their cars (simply they don't care). 

I have to wonder why you live here, I wouldn't stay in a country if I didn't like the people.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I'm sure they do think of me all the time???? especially when they see me around, but I'm not sure what they got in their mind. What I'm sure is "jealousy" is there most of times behind smiling faces or without any smile on faces.????

What a horrible way to live, if you are negative and suspicious all the time that is what you will get back, you make your own reality, how you see the world will be the way it will manifest. You collapse the wave function to negative when before it was in a super position and could have been anything at all, you chose 'bad'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In one newsletter alone today:

Kindergarten Boy’s Barbaric Murder Shocks Chiang Mai

Gang violence escalates in Samut Prakan

Brutal assault on Udon schoolgirl triggers national outrage

Cutting ties: Hunt ongoing for Thai man accused of murdering ex-girlfriend at beauty salon

Man arrested for brutally assaulting victim, leading to blindness and skull injury

Neighbour murdered in Phetchaburi over claims of infidelity

One could add Prawit becoming Prime minister..

11 hours ago, nickmondo said:

i tend to agree.

All the smiley faces hide the true person behind it.

I think Thais in general are all about themselves, especially in cars...........its me, me, me.

All this smiling and welcoming..........in some cases genuine, but in the main, I feel very false.

Good manners..........very rare here in my opinion.

But better than England...........or.......what used to be England......so I will fight it out here.

I have lived, worked and holidayed here since 1985 and I have to say Thais have a pent up frustration the tends to snap when under pressure, but they are generally polite and well mannered.

As for the UK, well it has changed beyond recognotion in the last 25 years since Tony Blair and his pal "Boom & Bust Brown" opened the borders. I feel safer walking a street in Bangkok than in a seaside village in England. I can't say the same for the roads though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here in Issan this is how I have seen it addressed when it has to do with children. The police bring the families together, blame is established, apologizes are given, the victim's family makes a request for compensation,  If it can't be negotiated and it is a criminal offense, the guilt is jailed. The police here do not like to send young people to jail.

6 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I have been coming to Thailand for over 15 years mostly staying 2-3 Months one advice I was given years ago was never trust a Thai if you think they like you your Tolerated.

And do you think that advice has served you well during your 15 years.?

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

Perhaps it's not really pleasant to be smarter than average and understand what is going on around rather than keeping eyes close and fooling self by being too much optimistic.

Research suggests that highly intelligent people are less happy and prefer to spend time alone.  ????‍♂️

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

They don't seem particularly proactive in any matter.

I am not sure if it is always the best to send a youth to Crime U. to learn from the pros. As the old saying goes. A good horse is one that reacts to the shadow of the whip.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Theory said:

I've seen things that make it hard to believe. I stick to my business and I've nothing to do with others, but I still see things. Perhaps it's not really pleasant to be smarter than average and understand what is going on around rather than keeping eyes close and fooling self by being too much optimistic.
Reality is out there, believe it or not. 

Nowhere is perfect, no marriage is bliss and no friendship is without problems, the most beautiful piece of art will find its detractors. In a way the observer becomes the subject of observation because you can turn it into what you will, no situation has an absolute truth and no behaviour is without its own specific reason. Both the optimist and pessimist have had to undergo a long journey to become what they are, they had no choice of the outcome because nobody can avoid the hand of causality, life is a continual series of causal events.

While I disliked England, even as a child, and left never to return as soon as I was able, there is a majority who love their place of birth, where they heaped praise I heaped scorn, neither deserved merit. I considered Germany my true home for 37 years, of course it had its faults but unlike those of England I chose to oversee them because the positives outweighed the negatives; the same thing is true of Thailand, I've been here 19 years now and while many wouldn't be seen dead in Isaan I revel in it, all a matter of perspective. The lack of large numbers of foreigners has allowed them to keep their identity whereas in the large tourist centers they are lost, it is here that greed and envy with all the accompanying troubles will occur and the falang will fan the flames through ignorance and their own brand of arrogance and racism that they accuse the Thais of. That is all I can say on the subject.

18 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

It appears your own, personal, experiences have made you bitter. If that is seriously how you feel, it probably is time to leave.

However, don't leave whilst thinking every expats has experienced the same.

Oh we got another one here his bar girl supports him lol 

23 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

But pretty good to be a Thai man by all accounts.  Most girls are really into bad boys and toxic boys, they seem to tolerate being cheated on, and are happy to support their (Thai) men in all sorts of ways.

Thai women seem to know there place (or rather where Thai men want their place to be), have very low self-esteem, and in terms of their life experiences probably call "normal" what we would call "abusive".

If you ever want to know what type of man is popular in a place, listen to what women complain about.  If they say that "men" are all abusive liars and cheaters, that means those are the kind of men women go for, they're just sore they can't keep one.

id agree...and still cant wrap my head around why....and then im accused as well of being bad as seems thai guys have ruined the mindset of thai gals...so do i just act like a bastard???

On 8/18/2023 at 1:01 AM, NorthernRyland said:

I feel the same you do. Thailand's a great country to live in but the people are on average discourteous and frustrate me easily. Selfish driving, making noise, allowing dogs to roam in streets, burning etc... all things you shouldn't do if you had respect for the people around you. 

Take heart though that many Thais feel the same way we do so you'r not alone. Problem is we're both in the minority.

Yes, you came to live in Thailand. That doesn't give you the right to change it. Thais have their faults but who doesn't? It sounds to me you have little understanding of the people. Noise can be a problem but it is often easy to resolve. Burning is a farming thing suposed to clear and fertalise the land, it was common practise in Europe not long ago. Roads and pavements are dangerous here and dogs and cockerels can be a pain too but you can always go back to your own country if you don't like it.

Seems to me he is at his limit of excuses. British and German women have affairs or leave their husbands, why expect anything different. Maybe she wanted a two story house and a Benz and got another offer.

Have fun.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2023 at 5:01 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

id agree...and still cant wrap my head around why....

I think there are a couple of theories.  One is that the women have low self-esteem or they have some issue with their fathers, and want to be treated badly, .  They feel uncomfortable or bored by men who are nice to them.  Another is that men who treat women badly have behaviours that appear the same as high status "leaders" (high levels of confidence, etc.) and so women find them attractive.

There are obviously women who are smart enough to make decent choices when it comes to men.  Likely raised in a very stable two-parent household and shown a lot of love and support from their father.  Although they will likely require at least that the guy has some money or is very attractive physically.  I can't imagine any woman seeking out an ugly, broke, nice guy, with a heart of gold.

On 8/18/2023 at 5:01 PM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

and then im accused as well of being bad as seems thai guys have ruined the mindset of thai gals...so do i just act like a bastard???

I'm not sure if anyone could really change into "a bastard", unless something bad happens to them.  I think nice people are nice because they are nice, and bad people are bad because they are bad.  It's probably something that happens when people are very young, and it is unlikely to change once they are adults.  (Just look at the way a couple of posters on here talk about women.)

Personally, I would say that the best path is to simply avoid women who want to be treated badly.  They're either troubled from their youth or they've been treated badly in the past, either way they probably aren't capable of having a happy relationship.  Luckily, this is generally easy enough to do, where the women are honest about their lifestyle.  (Obviously this is made difficult by women who pretend.)

The real challenge comes from being an older guy in a foreign country... ???? How many "good girls" are single after their early twenties?  Probably very few.

• Thanks 1