Pascale Ferrier jailed for 22 years for mailing Donald Trump ricin

Social Media

image.png

A Canadian woman has been jailed for 22 years in the US for sending letters laced with ricin poison, including to Donald Trump when he was president.

Pascale Ferrier, 56, agreed to the sentence in January after pleading guilty to biological weapons charges.

The deadly envelope addressed to Mr Trump was intercepted in September 2020 before delivery to the White House.

Ferrier told the court that she regretted that her plan had failed and that she "couldn't stop Trump".

In a long-winded address to the court, she also said that she saw herself as an activist not a terrorist.

"I want to find peaceful means to achieve my goals," Ferrier added.

The FBI found her fingerprints on the letter to Mr Trump, which urged him to drop out of the presidential race.

"I found a new name for you: 'The Ugly Tyrant Clown'," she wrote in the letter, according to FBI charging documents.

District Judge Dabney Friedrich sentenced Ferrier to 262 months - just shy of 22 years - in prison. She will be deported from the US after serving her sentence and faces supervision for life if she ever returns.

Judge Friedrich told Ferrier her actions were "potentially deadly" and "harmful to you, harmful to society, harmful to the potential victims".

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

Not the first time and won't be the last that ricin is sent, thankfully there are good security procedures in place to detect any suspicious substances in the mail to the White House including a facility that samples the air for suspicious substances.

In 2013, a Mississippi man sent letters containing ricin to President Barack Obama a year later, Shannon Richardson, an actress, was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison for mailing letters laced with ricin in May 2013 to multiple people, including Mr. Obama

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Just another left wing loon obsessed with Trump. Plenty of them around. ????

"The Ugly Tyrant Clown"? I do hope it didn't take her too long to come up with such a witty nickname. ????

From Canada, what is a left wing there?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Srikcir said:

From Canada, what is a left wing there?

I had the same question, according to wiki:

"The American Left can refer to multiple concepts. It is sometimes used as a shorthand for groups aligned with the Democratic Party. At other times, it refers to groups that have sought egalitarian changes in the economic, political, and cultural institutions of the United States."

On 8/18/2023 at 2:05 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Just today I saw an FBI report stating that 96% of violent domestic terrorism in the US is done by right wing extremists.

And left wing extremists do it in the streets. Don't need no report for this, it's all public.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

She should get a medal 

I have sympathy with your post but it is wrong and cannot be tolerated but then again if something ontoward happened then meh…….good riddance