Being forced to buy a VPN (title edited)

giddyup

Pirate Bay Mirror Sites

If using VPN is not your thing, then you can use Pirate Bay duplicates. They are exactly like Pirates Bay but hosted on a different domain. Some of these sites are listed below: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I've found a couple of download sites won't let you open unless you buy an IP address. Both Pirate Bay and 1337X are doing this, anyone else have the same problem?

Unless that just started yesterday then I'm baffled. I've used both sites in the last few days and for the last few years. I do, of course, use a VPN; one would be crazy not to.

1337x always says my connection in unsecure and I should get their VPN, but that's just marketing. It's never been required and I have no idea what buying an IP address even means.

You do that when you get an ISP and then immediately alter it using a VPN. You can have an IP address from a different country every hour if you choose to.

If I'm wrong I'd surely like more info about this issue.

Just now, Jenkins9039 said:

VPN's don't hide <deleted>, there was a US V XXXX case recently and the VPN provider had passed all the information over.

Sure, especially the 'free' ones. One should never use a VPN headquartered in a country that can legally force disclosure of client info.

Proton and expressvpn and all premium services understand this and are based outside such jurisdictions OR have a rotating IP address mechanism that uses the same address for hundreds of clients each day, making such records useless.

If you want a real vpn then your going to pay about $100/yr for it.

Them's the hard facts. Do your research before using one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Unless that just started yesterday then I'm baffled. I've used both sites in the last few days and for the last few years. I do, of course, use a VPN; one would be crazy not to.

1337x always says my connection in unsecure and I should get their VPN, but that's just marketing. It's never been required and I have no idea what buying an IP address even means.

You do that when you get an ISP and then immediately alter it using a VPN. You can have an IP address from a different country every hour if you choose to.

If I'm wrong I'd surely like more info about this issue.

Why do I need to use a VPN in Thailand? Been downloading here for 14 years without one.

Just now, giddyup said:

Why do I need to use a VPN in Thailand? Been downloading here for 14 years without one.

OK. I won't argue the benefits of a VPN.

For me, and countless other millions, it's simply necessary internet hygiene.

Up to you.

I bet there's lots of people who have driven for decades without a seat belt too.

Instead of asking me, do some research to understand the apparent foolishness of people like me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Up to you.

I bet there's lots of people who have driven for decades without a seat belt too.

Instead of asking me, do some research to understand the apparent foolishness of people like me.

So I could possibly die without one?????

Edited by giddyup
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Up to you.

I've been here longer than the OP, and I haven't got a VPN.

Tried it once, dragged stuff down, so got rid of it.

Though my IP address is shown a long way from me, and that changes, too....????

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I keep getting this popup so I can't download anything.

P1060121.JPG

@giddyup: I think that this has nothing to do with forcing you to buy a VPN or a proxy... much more likely, this is an advertising site that opened in a new tab, when you tried to download something from the tab on the left side of this safety torrenting tab. You should be able to just close this tab and then you should be back on your download site.

Why do I believe this? I just opened the IP seen in the tab (https://surferprotector.com/?64dfea2caf397) on my computer in a new browser window and receive the same advertising site as you displayed, the site is completely independent from your download site, just another clever way to sell products

• Thumbs Up 1