Man kills shopkeeper in US state of California after disparaging Pride flag

Social Media

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It demonstrates how something as innocuous as a flag can lead to violence.

I would have thought that was obvious.

putting aside your attempt to insert some off topic nonsense about a fictional British flag in the UK, we’re you not arguing that LGBTQ+ issues have become vitriolic, offense to certain groups etc

If so how have now switched to this flag being ‘innocuous’?

3 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Nothing gets passed you, does it?

What difference does it make if it's a pride flag, British flag, Confederate flag, or Palestine flag?

The topic is the same: someone getting killed over a flag.

Getting killed over an LGBTQ+ flag.

It seems that point got passed you?

7 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Nothing gets passed you, does it?

What difference does it make if it's a pride flag, British flag, Confederate flag, or Palestine flag?

The topic is the same: someone getting killed over a flag.

Because the topic is about a Pride flag and getting murdered because of it.

She also had an American flag with the peace sign outside her store

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

But posters here are being told off for talking about any flag besides the rainbow flag....and then you go and mention the American flag with the peace symbol on it.

lol, its soooo not fair.

Of course its on topic to mention the US flag that was flying outside her store along with the Pride flag that she got murdered for. Its totally off topic to start bringing in deflection tactics about the UK or Palestine flags or were they also flying outside her store? Do keep up.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

lol, its soooo not fair.

Of course its on topic to mention the US flag that was flying outside her store along with the Pride flag that she got murdered for. Its totally off topic to start bringing in deflection tactics about the UK or Palestine flags or were they also flying outside her store? Do keep up.

Do you think it's okay to be killed for any flag?

That is what is being discussed here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

And who pray tell are whipping up this frenzy of hate towards this tiny minority of people humm……weak politicians who need an easy target because they have no agenda except divisive rhetoric sad rip madam my condolences to her friends and family 

Who?

Fascist demagogues such as DeSantis.

Blood on his sleazy hands.

30 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

What you are doing is trying to use forum rules to hinder discussion which is relevant to the topic (of being killed over a flag).

It's just a clever little tactic.

I’m doing nothing if the sort.

I’m calling off topic obfuscation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Very sad. RIP Mrs Carlton.

Unfortunately LGBTQ++ issues have become very politicized and quite vitriolic on both sides of the debate, while also offending various religious groups. I'm sure Mrs Carlton understood this, therefore her decision to firstly to fly the flag and secondly to confront the individual who objected to it was very brave, but perhaps somewhat foolhardy in the current climate. I certainly wouldn't encourage my elderly mother to do so.

Strange that there are no details about the killer. No name, no photo. I wonder if his identity doesn't fit the narrative? 

Are you for real?

She has freedom of speech and sexuality.

Various religious groups condemn other people because of their imaginary friend and books written by humans.

Glad the moron who did this is dead now, one bigot less.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I don't think she was killed because of her flag,she was killed because some

gun carrying idiot decided he was offended somehow and he felt he needed to damage some one elses property and he ended up using deadly force in defending his point of view.

She would have fed him if he would have asked for food but no he had other issues.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

There'd be less dead people. Such as the two dead people in the story.  Keep your ideals to yourself. ???? 

Freedom of speech. Won't keep it to myself. Flying a pride flag is speech. Stop victim blaming.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Very sad. RIP Mrs Carlton.

Unfortunately LGBTQ++ issues have become very politicized and quite vitriolic on both sides of the debate, while also offending various religious groups. I'm sure Mrs Carlton understood this, therefore her decision to firstly to fly the flag and secondly to confront the individual who objected to it was very brave, but perhaps somewhat foolhardy in the current climate. I certainly wouldn't encourage my elderly mother to do so.

Strange that there are no details about the killer. No name, no photo. I wonder if his identity doesn't fit the narrative? 

"...while also offending various religious groups."

Solid research, conducted many times proves that 

gay activity is not mentioned / not criticised in the bible or in any main religious tome. 

Credibility of any comments supposedly from the bible are also strongly suspect.

I guess many folks have noticed there's now strong doubts that jesus ever existed, strong doubts about virgin birth, rose from the dead after 3 days etc.

Further over several thousand years there's never been any verification of bible stories.

Yes, I am not a believer. 

19 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They weren't killed for any flag, they were killed because of having the pride flag outside their store. If you want to discuss murders of people being killed for any other flags, then do so with any other posters who want to engage with you, I'm not one of them, I'll stick to the topic which is:

Man kills shopkeeper in US state of California after disparaging Pride flag

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

"...while also offending various religious groups."

Solid research, conducted many times proves that 

gay activity is not mentioned / not criticised in the bible or in any main religious tome. 

Credibility of any comments supposedly from the bible are also strongly suspect.

I guess many folks have noticed there's now strong doubts that jesus ever existed, strong doubts about virgin birth, rose from the dead after 3 days etc.

Further over several thousand years there's never been any verification of bible stories.

Yes, I am not a believer. 

Tacitus makes reference to the execution of Jesus under Pontius Pilate.

So there’s one bible story with independent non religious verification.