Insanitee @ Jomtien immigration.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

TBH, it comes across that you sound kinda 'entitled'. Welcome to the masses mate. I/Os don't really care if you are black white or red, have a US passport or a Gambian passport, you must show respect and not irritation. If you give them any sort of attitude they'll screw you over and they have the power to do so. Be extra humble and tell them you are very sorry that you can't provide the documents, and hopefully someone will help you out.

Screw that....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

It's an abuse of their power to request this information from a 30 day tourist, what if you were staying in a hotel like the Four Seasons, who's ID card are they going to require then.

It's absolute nonsense that they ask for this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

Notice how 4,5,and6 ar blue circled.

1692598244588 (1).jpg

what sufficed for 4,5,6 was an expedia confirmation in hard copy form.    Remember the TM form was filled out correct.   They wanted more.   Got an approved TM 30 notifivation stamp.

net issue.  there was 2.5 hours till closing but i was told to show up at 8.30am tomorrow.

What is going on.

Edited by Marky Mark Mark

19 minutes ago, ukrules said:

It's an abuse of their power to request this information from a 30 day tourist, what if you were staying in a hotel like the Four Seasons, who's ID card are they going to require then.

If you are staying in a hotel, you do not need to submit the TM30 yourself. It is only needed when staying in private accommodation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

very likely the owner where you stay didn't report to the immigration that you are staying there, hence there is something missing on the system for them and thats what they are asking.

try another line or another day with someone else really, nothing to lose ... immigration officers can be very lazy and annoying some time, not mentioning the horrendous level of english, some of them if they see one thing to turn you down they will do it. welcome to thailand !

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marky Mark Mark said:

Went today to get 30 extension on 30 day exempt entry.  Im American.   PATTAYA JOMTIEN BRANCH.

In addition to the usual they want 

4. Rental of Contract

5. House Registration (Blue Book)

6. ID Card of the Owner

No way in San Jose is a Joe Blow tourist from Idaho Nebraska going to be able to provide 4 5 n 6.

Any thoughts. 

Why not,  many seem to be able. Don't give Americans a bad name.

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Hotels do the reporting for you. The TM30 would be filed already.

• Like 1

"If you are staying in a hotel, you do not need to submit the TM30 yourself"

It used to be like that pre-covid. Hotels gave a copy of the report screen shot without asking. Not any more.

During Covid hotels mainly had locals and their attitude changed toward farangs.

Now they wanted to add 4% "processing fee" if paid by the card. That wasn't on the price list on the net. I could have used Booking etc but I don't trust them after not getting help when I had problem with a bad hotel before.

I even had hard time to get cash receipt! After handing over over 10 000B cash every 14 days I had to wait because "the person making receipt isn't here". After a few visits to the reception they gave up and I got the hand written (!) receipt.

I know very well what they were doing...

But you gotta accept "new rules, new attitudes" or stay out of Thailand.

So here I am; checking flight to go to get more of same ????

• Haha 1

I've only dealt with Jomtien IO and over the years seen many farangs walking in with an attitude or an air of rudeness only to get shot down by the person they're dealing with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nickmondo said:

you are a tourist?  been here 30 days, you want another 30?  In which case, your hotel is enough.  If they dont accept they are just being total <deleted>, and I would be on the next plane to Vietnam if i were you.  But for sure, that would not have happened in Hua Hin, you would be out with your xtra 30 days in about 30 minutes.  You have to remember, Jomtien is probably the busiest and worst Immigration office in Thailand.

There's are other offices that also don't accept a simple hotel stay as enough to get 30 day extension. The woman upstairs at the old SP would claim that if you're staying at a hotel long time then you will have paper contract, this all happened before checking on the computer if hotel had even registered you. If you went to get an extension and didn't have some proof of registered address being recorded at immigration it was upstairs first for you...

1 hour ago, GypsyT said:

"Well sir I have a Criminal case filed against Thai immigration nationally on corruption my case is to be heard in the court in September or October 2023 this year "

Wow..... that's the LAST thing you wanna do in Asia!

Write your will before you go.

Are you afraid the Real Truth is Coming Out Embassies know Forign Affairs in downtown Bangkok Knows and is involved in the case too they don't agree with the Current Corruption immigration nationally is currently doing for the past 5 to 6 years that's been going on People Stand Up for Your Human Right or are you going to hide in a closet or under a shell 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1