Washing Machine integrated in Kitchen with cabinets left and right - how much space should it have left and right for vibrations?

OneMoreFarang

@richard_smith237

Exactly - the OP was asking opinions on a potential built in domestic washer, to which I responded, from experience.

Please bear in mind, the OP was suggesting clearance of 1.75mm.

If you bothered to read my initial post, I ran domestic machines concurrently with professional equipment as well as stating law of averages, etc..

My subsequent response was aimed at a completely different poster to yourself - one that interjected in a rather needless and pointless way - however, you have taken the opportunity to do exactly the same , cherry-picking the resultant conversation to showboat your substantial intellectual prowess, for whatever reason I cannot fathom. but hey, at least you garnered some attention.

I find it rather telling that the other poster remained quiet, after I corrected him, but you felt the urge to pipe up.

Do you actually have anything of worth to say ?

I wish you the best of luck with your built in washer and dryer, as I do the OP's decision.

I must say, i find you and your cohort's antagonism rather apt, by connotation of your respective monikers..

Edited by Pla Simon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

@richard_smith237

Exactly - the OP was asking opinions on a potential built in domestic washer, to which I responded, from experience.

Please bear in mind, the OP was suggesting clearance of 1.75mm.

If you bothered to read my initial post, I ran domestic machines concurrently with professional equipment as well as stating law of averages, etc..

My subsequent response was aimed at a completely different poster to yourself - one that interjected in a rather needless and pointless way - however, you have taken the opportunity to do exactly the same , cherry-picking the resultant conversation to showboat your substantial intellectual prowess, for whatever reason I cannot fathom. but hey, at least you garnered some attention.

I find it rather telling that the other poster remained quiet, after I corrected him, but you felt the urge to pipe up.

Do you actually have anything of worth to say ?

I wish you the best of luck with your built in washer and dryer, as I do the OP's decision.

I must say, i find you and your cohort's antagonism rather apt, by connotation of your respective monikers..

Ok Mr "There is nothing you can teach me about laundry equipment" !!!... :cheesy:

This is like when someone asks which would be the best small Toyota for a family... and someone pipes up that they were an HGV driver for 40 years and through their vast driving experience yadda yadda yadda...   

... hilarious...  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, samtam said:

I have very little wriggle room for the washing machine, and not much more for the dryer. Both fit, and do not damage the counter or the dividing wooden strip:

WM3.jpg

Similar clearance to mine....   no issued for decades.

Mr "There is nothing you can teach me about laundry equipment"  will be along shortly to tell us all how experienced he is and that :giggle:

Were it me, I would go out and measure a wide variety of washer-drier combos to determine what size the opening should be. I would not design an opening such that you are severely limited on replacements. 

Trimming the opening for a cleaner look should be easy enough. 

Keep in mind, in the event it has to be repaired it will have to be pulled out. Best to have a track/receptacle/stops on the floor that aligns with the feet and that will keep it from walking and protect the cabinets from damage. 

I bought a new washer and dryer a few months ago. Your unit should include something similar to this in the installation section of the manual: 

Dryer.jpg.bcf7db8f2c7d6a8d4b09ae9ae5a1649c.jpg

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Were it me, I would go out and measure a wide variety of washer-drier combos to determine what size the opening should be. I would not design an opening such that you are severely limited on replacements. 

Trimming the opening for a cleaner look should be easy enough. 

Keep in mind, in the event it has to be repaired it will have to be pulled out. Best to have a track/receptacle/stops on the floor that aligns with the feet and that will keep it from walking and protect the cabinets from damage. 

I bought a new washer and dryer a few months ago. Your unit should include something similar to this in the installation section of the manual: 

Dryer.jpg.bcf7db8f2c7d6a8d4b09ae9ae5a1649c.jpg

Thanks, I looked for something like this in my manual, but I didn't find it.

Many washing machines have the standard size 600mm width (a little less). I am sure I will always be able to find a new machine with that size. 

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks, I looked for something like this in my manual, but I didn't find it.

Many washing machines have the standard size 600mm width (a little less). I am sure I will always be able to find a new machine with that size. 

It may not be in the "quick installation guide", did you google your model number for the PDF manual? 

My old washer and dryer are Electrolux, great product and service. Fixed the washer since I got the new one and I am in the process of re-configuring the laundry room so I can use both washers and dryers depending on the load...

I personally would cover the front of the washer, for a better look in the kitchen. But I guess with a standard kitchen like IKEA this will become difficult.
In my kitchen I have a bosh machine, and it's covered with a door with blacked glass. So, I still can see the display of the machine when it's running. But when it's off.. you almost can't see the machine.

Additional take care you also have the space on the top of the washer.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I visited Electrolux, the manufacturer of my washing machine and I asked them about this.

They looked up their installation guide. Their guide recommends 1cm extra space in total = 5mm left and 5mm right.

But in person they told me having 1cm left and 1cm right is what they recommend. That's what I will do.

1192531447_WashingMachineInstallationfromElectrolux.thumb.jpg.10de8f8c30022d755557ada89cc1b4b1.jpg

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Today I visited Electrolux, the manufacturer of my washing machine and I asked them about this.

They looked up their installation guide. Their guide recommends 1cm extra space in total = 5mm left and 5mm right.

But in person they told me having 1cm left and 1cm right is what they recommend. That's what I will do.

sensible... 

Someone who "can't be taught anything about about laundry equipment"  will be upset though, after all... 'Centrifugal force is to be reckoned with' !!! :cheesy:

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

sensible... 

Someone who "can't be taught anything about about laundry equipment"  will be upset though, after all... 'Centrifugal force is to be reckoned with' !!! :cheesy:

Not to worry, the centripetal will keep it in check...

• Haha 1