Are you comfortable with being treated like a walking ATM?

bob smith

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And when going into such area's the Thai's there are not representative of Thai's on a whole.

They are representative of Thai's whose general goal is to extract as much money as  possible from tourists and anyone else in the area. Other Thai's in such area's also experience less than favourable encounters. 

Just like the taxi drivers who are parked on the road in such areas of high tourist footfall, encounters are generally less than 'neutral' for both Thai's and foreigners (refusal to use meter, relatively exorbitant rates etc).

Perhaps for these reasons its better to live outside of a 'tourists hot-spot' and only visit the areas of high tourist footfall when the need arises. 

Also, negative experiences would be much more common in central Pattaya, Patong, Nana etc compared to area's of Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen and more residential areas of central Bangkok and even residential area's of Pattaya and area's of Phuket such as Rawai and Nai Harn etc.

As the saying goes... 'sleep with dogs wake up with fleas'...  bob, this phrase is perhaps relevant to your encounters. 

I really appreciate your input, richard.

it's quite uplifting actually.

thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

We are here to help you Bob. Changing within is much harder than lashing out. 

Have you ever prayed/chanted? I find this, along with the Gratitude journal massively helpful in directing my attitude. 

I would not waste my time on him,he is just a trolling member who will

soon get fed up with it and move on.

spend your time and resources on real people.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jvs said:
1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

We are here to help you Bob. Changing within is much harder than lashing out. 

Have you ever prayed/chanted? I find this, along with the Gratitude journal massively helpful in directing my attitude. 

I would not waste my time on him,he is just a trolling member who will

soon get fed up with it and move on.

spend your time and resources on real people.

In other threads of his perhaps... 

But, in 'taking each thread as it comes' this thread reads somewhat of a 'cry for help' although perhaps bob himself would not admit that. 

As much ribbing as he [bob] receives, a lot of it from myself in other threads, he's still part of the forum community - he is perhaps in need of some help. 

If I were him, I'd be taking the advice to move to a better area such as Rawai in Phuket, Khon Kaen, Chaing Mai etc...  etc... plenty of area's, pretty much every area of Thailand is better than central Pattaya (and central Patong) from the perspective of how people are treated. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I guess for the first few hundred times I let it slide.

Now we are into the realm of thousands if not 10's of thousands of sperate incidents such as what happened to me the other day.

I guess it just slowly but surely adds to my overall negative perception of Thai people.

You can live with them Bob, just don't get too close is my advice!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The ATM can always find a new G/f.

Cannot say that I have ever had issues with anyone that has never worked in a bar, but then my advice is do not marry a bargirl, enjoy them, get it out of your system and then marry someone with less understanding of ceilings

Or, for some of us, don't marry at all. I've learned, sometimes the hard way, that the best way to ruin a good friendship is to "settle down" with the person.  And that's not just in Thailand btw.

I'm actually both happier and more contented (different things) as an honest "butterfly" than trying to assume the mantle of husband. As ever...YMMV!

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Exactly this...   

It's of no surprise at all after reading bob smiths posting history that he is treated with a level disregard many of us would object to. 

Of course, the fundamentally flawed measure of bob's posts are in his projection that everyone else is treated as poorly as he is.

He [bob] has not yet reached the understanding that he is the victim of his own environment, one he creates with his attitude, his location, those with whom he integrates and surrounds himself. 

Wherever you go......there you are!

Think about it.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

very sad

Only sad if one party wants a different arrangement.

If 2 consenting adults are happy with a purely physical / financial relationship who are you or me to criticise? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As much ribbing as he [bob] receives, a lot of it from myself in other threads, he's still part of the forum community - he is perhaps in need of some help. 

Bob is an AN celebrity! :thumbsup::jap:

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

we all know that thais only give us the time of day if we are paying.

They couldnt care less about us if we arent.

BS. 

Those oh-so-entitled and important western men who think they are just SO superior to any and all foreigners often get exacty what they deserve.  You come across as one of them.

<sarcasm>Thailand is so lucky you choose to stay here </sarcasm>

PH

9 minutes ago, VBF said:

Only sad if one party wants a different arrangement.

If 2 consenting adults are happy with a purely physical / financial relationship who are you or me to criticise? 

If you don't think the guy's comment about Thai people is sad, that is sad. 

11 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

BS. 

Those oh-so-entitled and important western men who think they are just SO superior to any and all foreigners often get exacty what they deserve.  You come across as one of them.

<sarcasm>Thailand is so lucky you choose to stay here </sarcasm>

PH

............and how many have you hugged today? :jap:

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If you don't think the guy's comment about Thai people is sad, that is sad. 

No you missed my point!

I was replying to your "very sad" that  someone was "comfortable being treated as a tool to empty my balls..." There's nothing sad about people's personal decisions that only affect them and not others.

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

if my subjective truth through personal experience is negative then so be it! I can't help that, can I?

Sure, easy. Just learn a little Buddhism.

They may even start offering to pay for you.

Absolutely wonderful place and people.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

no, that's even worse.

Now what other famous Albert's can we think of?

Who or what is a Prince Albert? 555

Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (Franz August Karl Albert Emanuel;[1] 26 August 1819 – 14 December 1861) was the husband of Queen Victoria. As such, he was consort of the British monarch from their marriage on 10 February 1840 until his death in 1861.

Queen Victoria (very good man).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert,_Prince_Consort

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_II,_Prince_of_Monaco

Albert II[1][2] (Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi; born 14 March 1958) is Prince of Monaco, reigning since 2005.

Born at the Prince's Palace of Monaco, Albert is the second child and only son of Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace. 

Those are the only 2 I found.