October 22, 20241 yr On 10/20/2024 at 5:25 AM, mdr224 said: Why is that? There will be nothing to eat the flies? I love you Mdr ,I really do mate ! You my friend always have the most interesting posts on here Thankyou for your service
October 22, 20241 yr 1 hour ago, drgoon said: Toad in the hole. An English classic dish Aka. Bangers (sausages) in Yorkshire Pudding batter, for those not from the UK.
October 22, 20241 yr 5 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said: Aka. Bangers (sausages) in Yorkshire Pudding batter, for those not from the UK. My local brit place in Pattaya used to serve bangers 'n mash in a yorkshire pudding. Is that actually called a "Toad in the hole"? She seems to have swapped it for something called a "Lincolnshire Swirl"
October 22, 20241 yr 1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said: My local brit place in Pattaya used to serve bangers 'n mash in a yorkshire pudding. Is that actually called a "Toad in the hole"? She seems to have swapped it for something called a "Lincolnshire Swirl" Is she single?
October 22, 20241 yr Omelett with onion and Norwegian cured ham. 3 weeks to go before back in Thailand.
October 22, 20241 yr 9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said: My local brit place in Pattaya used to serve bangers 'n mash in a yorkshire pudding. Is that actually called a "Toad in the hole"? No, proper Toad in the Hole has the sausages cooked in the Yorkshire Pudding, I put the raw sausages in the fat and then when it's up to temperature add the Yorkshire Pudding batter as I like my sausages cooked right through, my Sister puts the sausages and the batter into the hot fat together, we've had an argument over which way is best for over 50 years, lol.
October 24, 20241 yr Author On 10/22/2024 at 8:14 PM, Pattaya57 said: My local brit place in Pattaya used to serve bangers 'n mash in a yorkshire pudding. Is that actually called a "Toad in the hole"? She seems to have swapped it for something called a "Lincolnshire Swirl" I'd eat them!
October 24, 20241 yr Like every day. Go up at 6am, eat one croissant 🥐 and 4 cups of freshly brewed black coffee ☕
October 24, 20241 yr What has become my standard; a bowl of porridge, one slice of toast, and plenty of Thai hill grown coffee. I vary the porridge up with different combos of whole grains and add ins such as fruit. Lately the toast has been home made toasting bread with a tea spoon of diy peach jam. As a diabetic I am fairly careful about what I eat.
October 24, 20241 yr 150g of sticky rice. Microwave cooked: Boiled chicken with fish sauce flavor(Gai Nam Pla) Vegetables salad with soy sauce vinegar dressing Vegetable soup Peanuts Steamed sweet potatoes Banna cake Banana Sugar-free Chinese brown tea Main Dish Vegetable Soup Edited October 24, 20241 yr by black tabby12345
October 24, 20241 yr My breakfast every day this week has been 3 eggs, 2 sausages and 3 stringy bacon + coffee. I've been doing the 'carnivore diet' where you only eat meat or animal products. Zero carbohydrates allowed and they say to eat as much as you feel like (so not a calorie diet) After a week on this I actually lost weight and best I've felt in a long time (heaps of energy). I also found my new favourite lunch is now a simple burger patty with egg & cheese (no bread roll or salads to corupt it)
October 24, 20241 yr porridge oats with almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, raisins, sultanas, cranberries, ginger and apricots
October 24, 20241 yr Ok, I have to admit I had it this afternoon - but it's totally fine for breakfast.
October 24, 20241 yr I normally don't eat breakfast. Normally just a big mug of black coffee. First meal is around noon.
October 24, 20241 yr On 8/24/2023 at 7:10 AM, RichardColeman said: McGarrett instant oats - cheap and cheerful at under 50 bahta bag and last me ages Aus version quick McGarrett
October 24, 20241 yr 53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said: Ok, I have to admit I had it this afternoon - but it's totally fine for breakfast. How does the La Vieja compare to Smucker's? Have you tried the Tong Garden peanut butter? Why not toasted? I love the way the peanut butter melts...
October 24, 20241 yr Vegemite on toast wholemeal bread no butter or margerine and a couple of litres of green tea with dried ginger
October 24, 20241 yr 1 hour ago, Yellowtail said: How does the La Vieja compare to Smucker's? Have you tried the Tong Garden peanut butter? Why not toasted? I love the way the peanut butter melts... La Vieja is very good. I buy it because Foodland does not have my favorite Schwartau anymore. Smucker's? For me that is a brand from a foreign country far away. I tried it and was not impressed. But to be fair, a lot depends on what we grew up with. I never eat peanut butter when I was young. I don't taste much of a difference - at least for the few brands which I tasted until now. The toast is toasted, just not very much. My favorite jam...
October 24, 20241 yr 1 hour ago, 1sickpuppy said: Vegemite on toast wholemeal bread no butter or margerine and a couple of litres of green tea with dried ginger I guess that is one way to lose weight...
October 24, 20241 yr 38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said: La Vieja is very good. I buy it because Foodland does not have my favorite Schwartau anymore. Smucker's? For me that is a brand from a foreign country far away. I tried it and was not impressed. But to be fair, a lot depends on what we grew up with. I never eat peanut butter when I was young. I don't taste much of a difference - at least for the few brands which I tasted until now. The toast is toasted, just not very much. My favorite jam... Growing up, we never had "store bought" jelly or jam, we often got free fruit, and my mom canned. Smucker's has a lot of flavors, try the boysenberry or the apricot.
October 24, 20241 yr Porridge oats and blueberries, a dash of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon with skimmed milk. Edited October 24, 20241 yr by NanLaew
October 24, 20241 yr 2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said: Personally, I like a lot for breakfast, then late lunch or afternoon cake and that's about it. I seldom eat dinner. I am mostly not hungry (anymore) at that time. I have dropped dinner and generally eating after 6 pm from my regimen this past week and down 3 kg which is handy. I do have a big, hot mug of Horlicks made with skimmed milk around 9 pm though. But, staying on topic... mostly just coffee and either a croissant or some smashed avocado on toasted sourdough. Porridge every second or third day and once a week maybe have steak and eggs or the 'full English'. Edited October 24, 20241 yr by NanLaew
Create an account or sign in to comment