20 years later... came back to have a look

Zendesigner

3 hours ago, transam said:

Nothing to do with me, it is not my "business", but if you want to put the boot in, up to you, and expected........????

Having an opinion is hardly putting the boot in, figures speak for themselves. Have you actually watched Dans tik toks? Seems like a nice enough bloke, just comes across as negative when he tries to be positive.

Edited by proton

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

I will now assume you use every OS, mouse, keyboard, motherboard, etc. in order to mimic your clients' configurations too.......LOL

In software development, often the best way to reproduce the problem is to recreate the environment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

In software development, often the best way to reproduce the problem is to recreate the environment.

No need to tell me that. I have been working with computers since the days of dial-up (9600 Hayes modem) and bulletin boards (before the great WWW)......  Know enough of Forth, LabView, Pascal, C++ and others to be dangerous).

I was being facetious as I know not every hardware/software configuration can always be duplicated.

Someone who supports so many clients with different configurations should be wise enough to have multiple units. One for personal use and another to continuously change in order to try and replicate the customers'.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:52 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Less is more, on the many Facebook groups very little moderation

Thailand and Pattaya related groups are almost unmoderated. A few that have moderation does not remove a post once it is approved and posted unlike this forum that allows 24-hour bashing Thais, Indians, and Chinese but will remove posted comments if it's sensitive to the group and we all know the group means which group. This forum is meant for people whose voices are not heard anywhere in the world so that they can come here to rant against Thais, Chinese, and Indians as much as they want, including promoting their stereotypes. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Thailand and Pattaya related groups are almost unmoderated. A few that have moderation does not remove a post once it is approved and posted unlike this forum that allows 24-hour bashing Thais, Indians, and Chinese but will remove posted comments if it's sensitive to the group and we all know the group means which group. 

Facebook is moderated by Facebook staff and Bots as well as group moderators . so your FB post will be removed if it breaks any rules or for whatever reason and they even ban you for posting unfunny jokes

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I work with computers, and I have clients with computers who I support.

For that reason I keep my PC settings more or less standard. Because then I see the same things which "everybody" sees.

And the site is the only website which I use which has so much advertisement. I ignore it most of the time.

You cannot ignore the advertising . 

An advertising video pops up covering half a post , covering the text , you then have to look at the video for five seconds waiting for the X to appear to delete the video and by the time you start reading the post again and another video pops up and you have to watch that for five seconds waiting for the X

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You cannot ignore the advertising . 

An advertising video pops up covering half a post , covering the text , you then have to look at the video for five seconds waiting for the X to appear to delete the video and by the time you start reading the post again and another video pops up and you have to watch that for five seconds waiting for the X

Maybe you see something different. This is how I see your post - without clicking on anything.

Screen1.thumb.png.ca998cfe7aad851e4f3752b494bc42bc.png

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

so your FB post will be removed if it breaks any rules or for whatever reason and they even ban you for posting unfunny jokes

If there is a moderation they remove it while approving the post. After it is posted they don't remove it because a particular group is insulted while members can insult other groups. 

4 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

If there is a moderation they remove it while approving the post. After it is posted they don't remove it because a particular group is insulted while members can insult other groups. 

Or you could view their rules and see you are wrong:

"When you report a piece of content (example: photo, comment, post) to us, we will take action to hide or remove the content from Facebook if we find that it goes against our Community Standards."

On 8/26/2023 at 9:42 AM, Moonlover said:

My number one suggestion would be to have an AI driven moderator (we could call it AIMOD) to weed out troll posts such as racism, sexism, ageism and flame posts BEFORE they appeared on the forum. 

The troll posters will soon realize that their efforts will be a waste of time and the qualify of ASEAN NOW might just improve a little bit.

Bring it on.

Are you for real?

Nothing would ever be posted.

Some people. Struth 

• Sad 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:12 AM, brianthainess said:

We had to complain a lot, just to get some of the emojis back, I do miss the rolling eyes. ???? Now have some ads that are not marked as ads and can be easily clicked on by mistake. Oops nearly forgot one golden rule, You Will Not Criticize. see you in a week. :giggle:

It ruley ain't what it used to be. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Because you don't understand it it's ridiculous?

I could try to explain it to you slowly. But likely you wouldn't listen, and you know anyhow that you are the smart guy. So I won't do that.

You don't RDP? Strange..

47 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you see something different. This is how I see your post - without clicking on anything.

Screen1.thumb.png.ca998cfe7aad851e4f3752b494bc42bc.png

From your SS I see there are 2 groups of ads. I see none. I however am using both, an ad blocker and a pop up blocker (Google Chrome.....  Win11).

On 8/26/2023 at 8:52 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

On my desktop PC about 70% of the screen is advertisement. If that is the same ratio on the mobile, then that leaves space for about 3 lines of text. 

On my desk top I have adblockers, on my mobile I do not, the few times I look at AN on the mobile it is just about impossible to use, full of adverts spend more time deleting the adverts than looking at AN, and yes, they do take up a lot of space. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

"When you report a piece of content (example: photo, comment, post) to us, we will take action to hide or remove the content from Facebook if we find that it goes against our Community Standards."

It depends what do they mean by community standard. For example, you cannot upload nude pic. But you can insult a class of member and my post was never removed from facebook but for the same comments it was removed from this forum, I was warned and suspended. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Phone screen is very close to the face so probably bigger than a TV screen some distance away

I just had a look how I normally look at my phone versus the distance of my eyes to my 24" PC screen. The distance to my PC screen is about double.

When I hold the phone in between the PC monitor and my eyes the phone covers visually maybe 20% of the "big" screen. So it seems it still makes a big difference.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I just had a look how I normally look at my phone versus the distance of my eyes to my 24" PC screen. The distance to my PC screen is about double.

When I hold the phone in between the PC monitor and my eyes the phone covers visually maybe 20% of the "big" screen. So it seems it still makes a big difference.

another benefit of the phone is you can use it anywhere, I've just finished a round of golf having a coffee, a PC you have to switch on and plonk yourself down, there's a reason the mobile browser is very popular, each to their own i guess

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Phone screen is very close to the face so probably bigger than a TV screen some distance away

I guess you never heard this from your parents when growing up:

'Don't sit so close to the TV you'll ruin your eyes.'

One can only imagine all the eye problems today's youth will have in 30 years......

NOTE: My mother was a keypunch operator for many years during the 60s and 70s. Not only did her eyesight deteriorate but she also had posture issues with her back and shoulders requiring numerous surgeries.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

another benefit of the phone is you can use it anywhere.

......and a disadvantage is that you can be tracked wherever you go with your phone turned on.

Also phones can be hacked much easier than a PC with a VPN, firewall, and anti-malware/virus SW. That is why I don't use my phone for any financial transactions/inquires.

25 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

......and a disadvantage is that you can be tracked wherever you go with your phone turned on.

Also phones can be hacked much easier than a PC with a VPN, firewall, and anti-malware/virus SW. That is why I don't use my phone for any financial transactions/inquires.

Yes going to 7/11 is no good. You might buy a bottle of milk. The hackers will see that.