20 years later... came back to have a look

Zendesigner

On 8/24/2023 at 5:46 PM, Zendesigner said:

Hi, 

As Ex moderator in 2003 of this forum, dropped in to have a look.  Exactly 20 years later. 

Any old admins & mods from way back then around still ? 

I see George is still running the business and going strong... 

Zen

How was it back then?  Mods removing comments because they dont agree with them? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 8:52 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

On my desktop PC about 70% of the screen is advertisement. If that is the same ratio on the mobile, then that leaves space for about 3 lines of text. 

Really? On my desktop I don't see a single ad....... and I thought you were PC savvy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On my desktop PC about 70% of the screen is advertisement. If that is the same ratio on the mobile, then that leaves space for about 3 lines of text. 

Really, how come.................?  ????

33 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Free ad blocker BRAVE search. no ads for me on laptop. 

brave.png.510d14324bae8d647c7e48b1a7674f33.png

Edited by brianthainess

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

Really? On my desktop I don't see a single ad....... and I thought you were PC savvy.

I work with computers, and I have clients with computers who I support.

For that reason I keep my PC settings more or less standard. Because then I see the same things which "everybody" sees.

And the site is the only website which I use which has so much advertisement. I ignore it most of the time.

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Do we really have a lot of posts with racism, sexism, ageism? I didn't notice.

But then again, I don't cry foul when someone writes something that might upset a woke snowflake. 

Of course you wouldn’t notice… You don’t when it seems normal to you. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For that reason I keep my PC settings more or less standard. Because then I see the same things which "everybody" sees.

And the site is the only website which I use which has so much advertisement. I ignore it most of the time.

That is a frankly ridiculous statement ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NextG said:

That is a frankly ridiculous statement ????

Because you don't understand it it's ridiculous?

I could try to explain it to you slowly. But likely you wouldn't listen, and you know anyhow that you are the smart guy. So I won't do that.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Because you don't understand it it's ridiculous?

I could try to explain it to you slowly. But likely you wouldn't listen, and you know anyhow that you are the smart guy. So I won't do that.

A wise choice. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand what you are saying but it sounded like you were bitchin' because of the amount of ads you ere seeing, thus the reason for my reply.

I will now assume you use every OS, mouse, keyboard, motherboard, etc. in order to mimic your clients' configurations too.......LOL

42 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I understand what you are saying but it sounded like you were bitchin' because of the amount of ads you ere seeing, thus the reason for my reply.

I will now assume you use every OS, mouse, keyboard, motherboard, etc. in order to mimic your clients' configurations too.......LOL

In one way you are correct. Often, when there is a new version of Windows (ok, now not so often anymore), I update one of my PCs ASAP to that version, even if I don't think it makes a lot of sense. But I do it to be able to answer questions about the new version because I know some of my clients will update right away and then wonder why this and that is not like before anymore.

22 hours ago, jayboy said:

It would take some courage to admit the Asean rebranding was a foolish mistake (just look at the tragically thin amount of Asean related material). It never makes sense to trash a brand, and Thai Visa  had a definite place in the market.I suppose like many acts of folly, it seemed a good idea at the time.

Nanaplaza made the same mistake renaming it thai360, the original Thai forum now almost as dead as the Dodo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1