Fugitive murder suspect nabbed after 15 years hiding as grilled meatball vendor in northeast Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

A fugitive murder suspect, who had been on the run for 15 years, was arrested in Surin province for a murder case dating back to 2008.

The suspect Preecha, who had been operating a grilled meatball stall while in hiding, was apprehended at his residence in Sri Khoraphum district, Surin, on orders from the Provincial Police Region 5.

The case that put Preecha on the police radar happened on October 21, 2008, when a woman working at a karaoke bar in Chiang Mai was murdered. The victim’s body was found three days later, dumped in a urea bag on the roadside near an entrance to a mill on a hill in Ban Pong, Hang Dong district, Chiang Mai.

Investigations led police to the 45 year old Preecha and two other men, who had allegedly invited the victim for a drink after work. An altercation ensued which resulted in the woman’s death. 

by Nattapong Westwood 

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/fugitive-murder-suspect-nabbed-after-15-years-hiding-as-grilled-meatball-vendor

-- Thaiger 2023-08-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only those who don't know what fertiliser is.

Me for one!

Next time I will tell people with tall stories that they are talking a load of urea!

Edited by Scouse123

16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Only those who don't know what fertiliser is.

I know what fertilizer is and know that urea is a component of fertilizer, but this is the first time I can recall reading (or hearing of) the term, "urea bag".

Off topic a bit ...

I used to live near a fertilizer plant.  Tank trucks would pick up loads of different kinds of fertilizer, park across the street from the plant next to a rail yard, and piles of it would leak out of the truck onto the ground while the driver was checking out of the plant after weighing at the scales.   

I asked the guy at the scales about it and was told, if use the multi colored fertilizer for roses, use the (forgot what) for vegetables, and use the white granules on your grass to make it turn a rich green color. 

I collected the white granules in a 5 gallon bucket and spread it on the yard.   In less than a week, I could cut the grass in the afternoon before going to swing shift, and it would have grown an inch or more about 10 hours later.   I had to cut it every day!   But I had the best looking grass of any house on the block.  Neighbors were asking me how I made my grass look so good.  

I only put it on the yard one time.   I didn't like having to mow the yard every day!

Edited by radiochaser