Doctor Reveals Concerning Symptoms in Thaksin's Condition

webfact

6 hours ago, chalawaan said:

There are plenty Salim who are too rich to bribe who still hate him. 

He's obviously paid off half the police and prison service, and he's an ex-cop. 

Let's see how he gets on after he gets the pardon everyone knows is coming. 

I join in millions of betrayed Thais who don't exactly wish this un-punished felon a long and healthy retirement. 

The puppeteer has filled many pockets.

You say "There are plenty Salim who are too rich to bribe who still hate him." 

They are corrupt. They will take money from anywhere and anyone. This is why we are we are now. Complete and utter corruption. 3rd world politics.

Edited by dinsdale

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it normal and legal to publish data about his personal health issues?

Are all the health data from all prisoners published?

I always thought that kind of information is confidential.

It is, which is what the article (in garbled manner) is saying and why it contains no information about his diagnosis etc. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Notably, Thaksin's blood pressure has maintained stability, allowing for coherent communication.

Coherent, alright...

My guess is that he's busy with coherently barking orders in the general direction of the PM elect. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is terrible. The man is sick and should be sent to home detention. It would be interesting of course to know the death rate of prisoners in jail every year, month, week or day and how many have been helicoptered to hospital. It's all part of the deal.

Is that you, Yingluck? Don't worry! He'll be home soon!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2023 at 12:13 PM, mfd101 said:

Well we can all make smartass comments but none of us on AN actually has a clue as to his real state of health or what the current plans by and for him are.

It is certainly not impossible that he might be genuinely suffering the ailments that rich people of his age usually suffer (too much lavish foods, too little exercise, too much stress ... ), and all the excitement of the last few days has been almost more than his oldish body has been able to cope with ...

I guess we'll be in a better position any week now to offer yet more demonstrations of our collective nous and humanity.

You may be well and correct.. but it is obvious he is receiving special treatment and not as if he was a criminal in prison. This fact alone would make anyone with common sense know all this was played out as planned. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 9:49 AM, mark131v said:

Waffle, waffle, bs, nowt wrong with the malingering bastard but then again unless you are a complete retard we already know this, bought and paid for....

If only he had legislated long ago for a retrospective pardon for all his crimes, like another person I can think of who should probably be in the slammer.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/26/2023 at 5:52 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it normal and legal to publish data about his personal health issues?

Are all the health data from all prisoners published?

I always thought that kind of information is confidential.

Who really carebut we going to get daily bulletin whether we like it or not.

On 8/26/2023 at 3:26 AM, scottiejohn said:

How do you know?

Have you taken over as either his Doctor or medical spokesperson?

"Unease" and "concern" are not objective, measured results of the tests given. No tangible reason was given for the vague, unsubstantiated feelings of "unease" and "concern" of medical staff.

Edited by 1duckyboy

On 8/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, Dene16 said:

I have no doubt that his poor condition will ultimately lead to a pardon and early release so his few remaining years can be spent with his family whereupon  his health will miraculously return to enable him to live a full and happy life 

Frankly, I have yet to read or hear anything that states that he currently is "unable" to live a normal, full and happy life of most people his age.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:45 PM, khaowong1 said:

Is John still writing novels,  read and loved all of them,  

Unfortunately now in Bangkok the little book shop on Sukhumvit has gone and the bar that was a small haven for writers and relics also gone.  So hard to know but doing a google search and his biography his last novel was in 2007.  Bangkok Haunts, Alfred A. Knopf (New York, NY), 2007.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LatPhrao said:

Unfortunately now in Bangkok the little book shop on Sukhumvit has gone and the bar that was a small haven for writers and relics also gone.  So hard to know but doing a google search and his biography his last novel was in 2007.  Bangkok Haunts, Alfred A. Knopf (New York, NY), 2007.

Too bad, love his novels.  Thanks for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watchcat said:

Or just a wimp, like the rest of the family?

I think it is the medical team making the fuss, not Thaksin. I think they are worried if anything happens to him his supporters will accuse them of doing a Putin on him. 

• Thanks 1