The Memo: Judge scrambles election with decision on Trump trial date

Social Media

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

I don't think so. He's required to face a jury of his peers, but it's not a jury until all have been selected and sworn in.

And after being vetted by both Prosecution and Defense attorneys.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not my narrative, I quoted what the judge said who is not the only judge to make similar remarks when sentencing rioters from Jan 6th and left out the opinion piece promoted by Trump and his followers which is indeed nonsense.

You must of missed the last couple of sentences?

Chutkan said on Oct. 28, 2022. “It's a blind loyalty to one person who, by the way, remains free to this day." (Emphasis added.)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Looking back at other requests for postponement until later, I imagine courts have heard,

Saddam: "That date isn't convenient as it is the day before I have an important meeting to invade somewhere."

Goering: "The Nuremburg trial needs to be postponed as I have an important event in Paraguay to attend the day before."

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg: "The trial date is inconvenient as we have a super appointment with Stalin in Moscow the day before."

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I doubt courts consider plaintiff appointments.

Life imitates art? 

On Sunday afternoon Donald Trump pitched a fit that his legal problems are keeping him from attending a golf tournament being held at his golf course in Aberdeen, Scotland.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

An incredible choice of date. More evidence of the weaponizing of the justice system for political gains. A sad state of affairs for the once great US of A.

I wonder if she'd have a different opinion about working the trial around the defendants work commitments if the defendant was working for the BLM movement that she so loves to defend?

Why? BLM didn’t do anything wrong, just torched a few cities and caused mayhem, death and swindled a bunch of money. Please explain exactly what the problem is with that? It’s perfectly acceptable.

3 minutes ago, khunJam said:

Why? BLM didn’t do anything wrong, just torched a few cities and caused mayhem, death and swindled a bunch of money. Please explain exactly what the problem is with that? It’s perfectly acceptable.

Yes it's fine. Normal day for the Democrats.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Trump's long family history of racial discrimination was published and known before 2016.   So its fitting that a Black, woman will be adding decades to his prison sentence.  His other judges wont be so nice.  I still vant believe he has so many  brainwashed.    

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's an entirely expected phenomenon that you would actually posit this as a fact. It's of a piece with your other empty and baiting generalizations.

I once heard it said that at 20 you have the face god gave you. At 50 you have the face you gave you. I've often found there's at least a smidgin of truth in it.

18 minutes ago, Elkski said:

This judge has made favorable ruling for Trump before.  The GOP were happy to get her. She is inexperienced but not going to take crap for to long or mafe a fool.  Her actions have already raising alarms with legal scholars.  Her career is on the line.   Trump's long family history of racial discrimination was published and known before 2016.   So its fitting that a Black, woman will be adding decades to his prison sentence.  His other judges wont be so nice.  I still vant believe he has so many  brainwashed.    

Her career should be over after those comments. She gave Trump's lawyers a strong reason to appeal already.

• Haha 2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_disqualification

She should step aside

"the United States, the term "recusal" is used most often with respect to court proceedings. Two sections of Title 28 of the United States Code (the Judicial Code) provide standards for judicial disqualification or recusal. Section 455, captioned "Disqualification of justice, judge, or magistrate judge", provides that a federal judge "shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned". The section also provides that a judge is disqualified "where he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding"; when the judge has previously served as a lawyer or witness concerning the same case or has expressed an opinions concerning its outcome; or when the judge or a member of his or her immediate family has a financial interest in the outcome of the proceeding.

Edited by bignok
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Liberal judge uses the justice system to derail right wing politician during election campaign against Liberal opponents.

Liberals - "Move along please. Nothing to see here". ????

To say it as you told it to us:

GOP-plonkers -  "Move along please. Nothing to see here".

Other members - like placeholder - explained it why !

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, watthong said:

Of course, this made Trump fanbase sore to the ninth degree seeing their master suffer the humiliation of a lifetime.

Double that, since both the federal judge overseeing his insurrection case in DC and the district attorney who charged him in Georgia in the state version of the same both happen to be black women. Karmic justice for Trump and his race-baiting history.

Of course, the NY District Attorney, Alvin Bragg, whose office ultimately pursued the false business records / Stormy Daniels case against Trump, which became his first criminal indicment, also is black.

As illustrated in a prior post in this thread:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Double that, since both the federal judge overseeing his insurrection case in DC and the district attorney who charged him in Georgia in the state version of the same both happen to be black women. Karmic justice for Trump and his race-baiting history.

Triple that. Rep Barbara Lee of California has just jumped into the fray...

Edited by watthong