The Memo: Judge scrambles election with decision on Trump trial date

Social Media

30 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Don't ya just love the screamers about injustice. The US and almost all States have on their books and have for centuries ... speedy trial statutes.

This is no surprise at all. The faux outrage is because:

1. Trump is on trial in a State legislature, not a Federal one that he cannot (by anyone) be pardoned for.
  2. The GOP MAGA party refuses to acknowledge that Trump is on trial in Georgia because a jury of 12 random citizens there saw the evidences presented by the prosecution and could see clear enough that there was a case to answer to and so Trump was indicted.
  3. The GOP MAGA party/cult is hoping, by delaying as much as they can, for some divine (evil dark actually) miracle come election day that they will sweep all sanity and truth before them and can if this black-miracle happens simply disobey and nullify through whatever means they deem necessary the prosecution and any convictions that may have been handed down against Trump and any of the MAGA crowd.
  4. When we see the evidences in open court which will be the case in Georgia, because cameras are allowed and commonly used for the public to see trials, what Fani Willis has reported as being the core of the indictments it will be clear for all (the entire world) to see what the truth is.

Not that any of this will matter to those who have handed over their lives, wills, souls, and sanity to a madman and the evil, extreme alt-rightist, neo-Nazi, Klan, despotism that is now the GOP and MAGA.

The history of this pernicious white-supremacist evil has always existed in the USA. The body-politic of fascism in American history and in the political zeitgeist of todays America is plain and real to see. If you cannot see this then you are sick, yes sick.

If anyone denies the turgidity of the US neo-Nazism in todays American society, its poster-boy Trump, and the deliberate calculated ingress and infection of the body politic and culture of America today and is crying-out that the Justice Department is persecuting good hearted 'patriotic Americans' then they themselves harbour racist, white -supremacy in themselves.

Yes I'm talking directly to you ????

Regarding point #1, the defendant will try to have the case moved to Federal court. The main advantage will be a less Black jury pool, since the case will still be tried under Georgia law and any pardon application would have to go through the Georgia pardons board.

Obama appointed judge - surprise !!!

In all honesty I do not think it will happen, it will now go to some appeals court and likely the supreme court first.

This judge should be fired immediately - like him or loathe him there is no way a person can get a fair trial in a Den state, with a Dem judge, on a prosecution bought by a Dem state representative. Bit like saying a black man wold get a fair trial in a KKK hickville town that had no blacks on the just and a judge with a Rebel flag behind him !

Besides, If i was Trump atturney and it goes ahead, I would declare ALL the 12 million documents defence material and read through everyone with the jury - judge could not complain as it would cause mistrial

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

"bad eyes"? Really. Your comment is absolutely not deranged in any way whatsoever. An absolutely rational and unbiased appraisal of the judge. Truly a model of thoughtfulness.

She is on record, lamenting the fact Trump was not in Jail. She could not be more bias!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course you can source this claim with a link.........

https://www.easternprogress.com/in-her-jan-6-courtroom-judge-who-will-hear-trumps-case-is-the-pot-calling/article_a7cf3c2f-bb75-54aa-8b45-819a1e92492d.html

Before sentencing Christine Priola, a Trump supporter from Ohio who pleaded guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding, to 15 months in jail, Chutkan appeared to lament the fact Trump was not yet in prison. “[The] people who mobbed that Capitol were there in fealty, in loyalty, to one man – not to the Constitution, of which most of the people who come before me seem woefully ignorant, not to the ideals of this country, and not to the principles of democracy,” Chutkan said on Oct. 28, 2022. “It's a blind loyalty to one person who, by the way, remains free to this day." (Emphasis added.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

What was inaccurate in what she said?

It shows she is not fit to judge the case because she is bias. Certainly didn't say anything was inaccurate. Obviously you think Trump should be in Jail. Well that is your opinion, right or wrong! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

So you can't cite, or give a link, to the specific cases of 5 years in US and 1 month in Australia then?

I mean fair enough if you can't, or won't,  but it does rather colour your whole argument doesn't it!

If you can't find a protestor that got 5 years too I rest my case.

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The added opinion that "Chutkan appeared to lament the fact Trump was not yet in prison" is made up nonsense.

So when it doesn't fit your narrative, It's made up nonsense. I wonder how many posters are interested in a fair Trail. Rather than pre judging a guilty verdict?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not so fast! lol

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-man-gets-5-years-assault-capitol-riot-longest-sentence-n1286249

WASHINGTON — A Florida man was sentenced Friday to just over five years in prison for assaulting police officers during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

23 minutes ago, bignok said:

Actually some Jan 6th protestors have received far larger sentences by other judges, are those judges biased to?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1