No outside food or drink….

bob smith

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This highlights the utterly preposterous logic some posters go to try and point score - hilarious...

... Are seriously trying to take the moral high ground with this virtuous idea that bob should leave a mess so that it provides a job for someone else ??

No.  I'm suggesting that maybe people who come from different parts of the world think differently, and holding them to his standards smacks of the bwana.  If you don't like Asian customs, why live in Asia?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

are these people totally incapable of following simple rules such as this??? If I were the owner I would have booted the lot of them out, but nobody did.

Perhaps the owner was happy for them to stay.   The rules are his, not yours, if you don't like them, don't patronise the place.

53 minutes ago, bob smith said:

What’s the point then, scorecard? The sign said no outside food or drinks, they brought in outside food.

yes. And and?

You must have misunderstood.

It was in plain English.

The sign said "no outside food or drinks."

So your Chinese friends brought their food and drinks........INside.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

i always think about when im the last to disembark a chinese flight--looks like a bomb went off

I've done many flights on Chinese airlines domestic and international.

For every flight the recovery of food trays and drink containers etc., etc., has been the same as any other airline worldide. All completed and food carts stowed about 20 minutes before touchdown.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

I've done many flights on Chinese airlines domestic and international.

For every flight the recovery of food trays and drink containers etc., etc., has been the same as any other airline worldide. All completed and food carts stowed about 20 minutes before touchdown.

was referring to the trash on the floors...maybe im taking the wrong flights it seems...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

Should we all behave like uncultured pigs then, because, why not???

It's a freedom we have if we want to do that.  The private coffee shop, or KFC or McDonald's does not fall under your 'kin authority.  Some people on this forum behave like "uncultured pigs" (not you, of course, I'd never suggest that, don't misunderstand me) but that is their prerogative.

• Sad 4

53 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Admitted it was 1988, in china  my g/f and I went in a restaurant to eat, the table was covered in bones and scraps of food left over from the last customer, they simply just wiped the lot straight on to the floor, and the first time i had seen people, eat, drink, and smoke all at the same time :sick:

In many areas that's still standard practice.

No point in the wait staff being dainty about wiping the tables, since the guests are already throwing bones and scraps on the floor during the meal.  I suppose it's more efficient that way, as then they can rake everything up all at once.

It took a while to get used to the banquet manners..........eat a bit, drink some baijiu, smoke, order next course..........lather, rinse, repeat.

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

If it offends you, then get a sign written in simplified Chinese for the mainland ones, and complex Chinese for the Cantonese speaking ones.

...but he'd have to make sure that it is only displayed in his own coffee shop, not someone else's business premises!

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the owner has made a list of rules...  it's a bit of a stretch to imply that they are happy for people to break the rules.

Stretch or not, it would be the owners business, not the OP's (who the Chinese customers may have found just as objectionable!).  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:
1 hour ago, bob smith said:

What’s the point then, scorecard? The sign said no outside food or drinks, they brought in outside food.

yes. And and?

Expand  

You must have misunderstood.

It was in plain English.

And, being in English, perhaps the "rule" is aimed at the English "uncultured pigs" ( to use the OP's expression), not the Chinese!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

Yes. Which is totally against the rules!! 

get it? 

I think you are overly obsessed with rules. You probably complain that Thai drivers don't follow the Highway Code. Some people break silly rules and it does no harm, and these tourists did no harm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

The waitress pointed out a local regulation, presumably so as to prevent either you or the establishment having an issue with the police... And this upset you?

And how does wanting to buy a pad krapaow turn into "ding, dong farrang"? Were you intending to pay significantly more for your krapow than a local?

Reading comprehension ... ????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, retarius said:

I think you are overly obsessed with rules. You probably complain that Thai drivers don't follow the Highway Code. Some people break silly rules and it does no harm, and these tourists did no harm.

Except bring outside food to a place that makes a living selling food to their patrons................

Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick here.....? ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Except bring outside food to a place that makes a living selling food to their patrons................

Unless I have got the wrong end of the stick here.....? ????

Except the owners of the coffee shop did not complain and the Chinese bought 15 cups of coffee and water (that's in a different post to the OP's complaint.

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Thai folk rarely complain, the Chinese were taking the p_ss, perhaps what they are used to doing, a business is a business, not take care of people for nothing........????

They will learn to complain well you shrimp when all the seafood is gone. Not eaten, just stacked on the plate so other’s don’t get it!

• Confused 1