Police visiting house 2 months after visa approved to 'recheck visa'

12 hours ago, khunjake said:

All the posts here on latest non-o extensions with random follow up visits are very disturbing. Its like the cops own your ass for Christ sake. Exactly another reason why I am way more content to deal with an embassy/consulate instead and just do the Non-O ME route. Too many unknowns dealing with these clowns in-country nowadays. 

We as foreigners live in Police State now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

You posted this on March 23  "I can get 15/17 months out of a proper Visa, with no hassle or interrogation from immigration"

What has that got to do with I had ONE visit from immigration on a multi-O visa.....................????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

If you had a multi-entry Non-O, your local immigration would not even know you exist, as you would have no contact with them

Even on a valid Non Imm O visa, the law still requires a TM30 to be filed, notifying your address.

20 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Always possible of course that you may be out of the country when they call.  I guess they would want to know when you are coming back and follow-up again.

Their fault if you're out of the country when they call, they should  check before they come, to see  if u applied for a re  entry visa...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, actonion said:

Their fault if you're out of the country when they call, they should  check before they come, to see  if u applied for a re  entry visa...

A re-entry permit indicates that you might have an intention to travel. It indicates nothing about your actual travel dates.

8 minutes ago, actonion said:

It's a re-entry permit, not a visa, and what difference would that make, as any re-entry permit is valid for the duration of the extension.
It doesn't notify them when you'll be out of the Country.

That's why they should call you first.

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

A re-entry permit indicates that you might have an intention to travel. It indicates nothing about your actual travel dates.

On my re entry application for that i submitted yesterday it asks  date of departure, expected date of return to Thailand, so that should give them so indication of your travel plans

I recently , on a Saturday afternoon, had a white van pull up outside our rarely used back entrance. An individual wearing a quasi-uniform approached saying that I had a problem with my visa. I laughed in his face, saying I renewed my extension of stay (11th year) last week. He showed me a printout of an obviously older Sino-Thai gentleman asking if this was me. I told him it obviously was not. He asked to see my passport, I showed him, but did not release custody of it. He apologized and left. A very strange encounter. My local Immigration office have never carried out a home visit in those 11 years.

4 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

It's a re-entry permit, not a visa, and what difference would that make, as any re-entry permit is valid for the duration of the extension.
It doesn't notify them when you'll be out of the Country.

That's why they should call you first.

Why on the re entry permit application form does it ask for your departure, and  "about" return dates ?

11 minutes ago, actonion said:

Why on the re entry permit application form does it ask for your departure, and  "about" return dates ?

They are intended dates of travel.
I always apply for a re-entry permit during the submission of my annual extension of stay (also a permit), before I've even decided on the exact dates of departure and re-entry, which is subject to later booking suitable flights.
I state a non-specific window of approx dates, two months apart.

It's also to ensure your dates are within the period of your permission of stay.

Edited by Liquorice