Does money make YOU happy?

bob smith

On 8/31/2023 at 1:17 PM, bob smith said:

ive been dirt poor and ive been quite rich.

right now i have more than enough money to last me the rest of my life.

but somehow I see my happiness level slowly decreasing as my personal wealth accumulates. 

Good for you being rich. If not, getting 'happiness' from money, Thailand is probably not a good place, as most foreigners don't get rich in Thailand. But as surveys have shown, such 'happiness' related to money loses its edge as soon as people live comfortably, i.e. more money beyond that comfort level, and it won't lead to any more 'happiness'...

29 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Good for you being rich. If not, getting 'happiness' from money, Thailand is probably not a good place, as most foreigners don't get rich in Thailand. But as surveys have shown, such 'happiness' related to money loses its edge as soon as people live comfortably, i.e. more money beyond that comfort level, and it won't lead to any more 'happiness'...

Problem solving skills

Health

Communication

3 more important things than money when it comes to happiness.

I was born into a working class one income family at the end of WW2. Of course I like to have money but for essentials. I remember waiting months for my first football before my dad could pay for it. Credit cards have stuffed up the World, people buy things they can't really afford and in many cases don't need. I'm a property owner in Thailand so I don't pay rent and I'm totally debt free. My Isarn wife can't walk past a shop or market without buying something. I used to give her 10,000 baht for house keeping money. I soon changed that as she was always running out of money. Now I do all the shopping and have taken control. She threw a wobbly and when I told her it was my way or the highway she pulled her head in. I've been married 20 years and my parents taught me not to spend beyond my means. Her indoors still doesn't understand that. It's another saga with Thai parents they teach there kids nothing.

• Like 1