Thaksin submits application for royal clemency

snoop1130

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Hospital food?

He's having his gourmet meals delivered.

And you know this for a fact? He's probably also got a "taster" to check that it hasn't been poisoned, right? Or maybe that's what made him ill in the first place causing him to be transferred from the prison hospital to the Police hospital, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

he'll be wheeled out with an oxygen tank and emergency nurse carrying a defibrillator ....

amazingly ,   next week he'll be running all over the court smashing the ball and eating lobster & drinking champagne

"He'll be ........."etc etc etc".

All of these forecasts are probably from the people who said "There's no way that Thaksin will ever come back to Thailand unless he has a Royal Pardon first".

But the truth of the matter is that he is here in Thailand (Unless it's a Doppelganger) - sorry to spoil your theories,

but that's all they are.

By the way, I'm neither a Thaksin or Government supporter, merely making a comment on the way this post is progressing.  

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

"He'll be ........."etc etc etc".

All of these forecasts are probably from the people who said "There's no way that Thaksin will ever come back to Thailand unless he has a Royal Pardon first".

But the truth of the matter is that he is here in Thailand (Unless it's a Doppelganger) - sorry to spoil your theories,

but that's all they are.

By the way, I'm neither a Thaksin or Government supporter, merely making a comment on the way this post is progressing.  

He's got to the applying for a pardon step very quickly indeed.

My forecast was that he would get 'home detention' then after a few month on that scenario apply for a pardon.

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A done deal even before he dared to set foot back in Thailand.

Come back, fanfare, show his face in court, feign sickness, go to hospital, plead health issues, get a doctors note, private room, application for a pardon on medical grounds.

Back at the Thaksin residence in less than a month.

If it stays like that with no (direct) involvement with politics I can live with it......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It certainly has the appearance as being part of a formulated and agreed to plan, in exchange for PT's capitulation and forming a partnership with the ongoing goons at the army. Expect him to be released soon. At least that is what I expect.

"...agreed to plan ..."

All with no concern or hesitation in regard to what the good honest sincere citizens of Thailand think re this case.

And totally ignoring the strong populatity of Move forward, gained the highest number of seats and votes. But ignored and just waiting for some further action to put some of the Move forward higher profile members in jail on trumped charges - coming soon.

Myanmar again.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And the fact that a man who spent 5 years in Jail in Australia on a drug conviction has just been made a full minister.

Probably perfect for the way Thailand is shaping up. More weed shops than 7-11s. The drugs economy is just getting rolling.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

He received (intercepted?) the appeal yesterday.

The previous Prime Minister, serenaded by adoring crowds of civil servants left office yesterday.

Did no one tell Wissanu?

Probably many people told him, but I don't think he listens to anybody.

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

My understanding is that a prisoner convicted of a crime has to serve a minimum term of there sentence before applying for a pardon if this is the case the fugitives application should be rejected instantly or is it a case of one rule for the mega rich and one rule for all the low life’s who are currently incarcerated in inhumane conditions . This individual is a convicted criminal he should be treated the same as any other prisoner no special conditions if he is pardoned I can only see outrage from the public who might have brothers sisters mums , dads or other relatives incarcerated maybe every prisoner should apply for clemency that would really put the government in a serious situation 

Perhaps pardon instantly rejected but wait 14 days and reapply, and put more emphasis on xxx in your next application letter.

5 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

There is the "officially considered legal process time taking" way of doing things

and then

There is the "unofficial corrupt prearranged privileged express service" way of doing things

Which way will prevail? (it's rhetorical...)

A bit like the express checkout line at your local supermarket. 

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...agreed to plan ..."

All with no concern or hesitation in regard to what the good honest sincere citizens of Thailand think re this case.

Unfortunately the honest sincere trogs of Thailand count for S  F  A when it comes to such matters of importance as this. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What would you know?

Nothing is more certain than Thaksin being pardoned in quick order.

Will criticism of the pardon be deemed a breach of 112?

I don't know but it's made me think,  isn't it illegal to criticise the courts? What would that mean for anyone claiming Thaksin's convictions were politically motivated and therefore not valid?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

Whats wrong wirh you man?

Nothing wrong with me at all. I lived in the North of Thailand throughout the entirety of his tenure as PM and I witnessed all the good he did for the Thai people especially across the North. 

With respect, were you living in Thailand throughout his tenure as PM or have you just jumped on the "anti" bandwagon?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...agreed to plan ..."

And totally ignoring the strong populatity of Move forward, gained the highest number of seats and votes. But ignored and just waiting for some further action to put some of the Move forward higher profile members in jail on trumped charges - coming soon.

Myanmar again.

Well, I would not go so far as to compare Thailand with Myanmar. The similarity is the willingness of the army to ignore the results of an election and completely and willfully ignore the wishes of the masses. As if they count for nothing. Why? Because the army leaders are drunk with power and because they can. It seems obvious by now, that the people allow it. I would have expected 5 million people out on the streets at this time, and I am shocked at the lack of anger and resistance. 

However, the army here has not shown themselves to be genocidal, like the psychopaths in Burma. Big difference. Thankfully. I do not think they could get away with that, for a number of reasons, and since there is little resistance, they have not been tested. For now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps pardon instantly rejected but wait 14 days and reapply, and put more emphasis on xxx in your next application letter.

I thought that if it is rejected, he must wait for another 2 years before he can reapply.