Fast Charging Vs. Slow Charging:

23 hours ago, placeholder said:

and the results show little to no difference between the two charging methods.

Does the result show "battery life time" of both charging methods ? I don't think so ????. Fast charging will reduce batteries life time. And I don't care what auto makers say regarding this. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I know about lithium batteries from the RC world.

Some of those batteries are designed for fast charging, some are not.

If a battery which is designed for fast charging is fast charged all the time that is no problem.

But it a battery which is not designed for fast charging is fast charged a couple of times, that reduces the lifespan considerably. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Why does it feel like the dinosaurs are reliving the early 1900s? No one took away the horse n buggy, no one is taking away your ICE. Options are good and many seem to like the EV option. End of. 

What is ice?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The study doesn't give or state much info, except the results.

Many things affect battery life, charging just one of them.  That manufacturers advise slower is better, is a bit telling.  

Heat is not a batteries friend, and fast charging produces more heat.  Although, 'newer' tech, chemistry and built in safeguards, BMS, help minimize the negatives of fast charging.

Enough so, that slow vs fast, may have minimal long term effect.  Or so I read elsewhere.

What the study doesn't state, is year & chemistry of the batteries being charge, and many other factors with affect battery life.

Tesla use 4 different battery chemistry's, since year 2000.  Where were the tests and cars in the test located.  In hot or cool or colder weather.  

Though agree it may make minimal difference, the test if flawed for not providing more info.  One brand car, no year or chemistry of batteries.

Along with study possibly only using Tesla's super chargers.  Who funded and provided the info that was studied?

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:32 PM, Keep Right said:

So true and the reason I will never buy a EV auto and have to worry about how fast my battery charges or where to find a battery charging station.

Yep, they'l have to raise the price of  gas to 12 Bucks a Gallon.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The study doesn't give or state much info, except the results.

Many things affect battery life, charging just one of them.  That manufacturers advise slower is better, is a bit telling.  

Heat is not a batteries friend, and fast charging produces more heat.  Although, 'newer' tech, chemistry and built in safeguards, BMS, help minimize the negatives of fast charging.

Enough so, that slow vs fast, may have minimal long term effect.  Or so I read elsewhere.

What the study doesn't state, is year & chemistry of the batteries being charge, and many other factors with affect battery life.

Tesla use 4 different battery chemistry's, since year 2000.  Where were the tests and cars in the test located.  In hot or cool or colder weather.  

Though agree it may make minimal difference, the test if flawed for not providing more info.  One brand car, no year or chemistry of batteries.

Along with study possibly only using Tesla's super chargers.  Who funded and provided the info that was studied?

This is a company that advises fleets. That's where their income comes from. So really not in their interest to tout battery falsehoods.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This is a company that advises fleets. That's where their income comes from. So really not in their interest to tout battery falsehoods.

Yea ... I've never heard of a company giving out false info ????

• Like 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

Yea ... I've never heard of a company giving out false info ????

If they have a motive. Given their customer base, what would that motive be?  Given your general history of posting, I'm going to guess that accusations of corruption are about to follow. You know, make stuff up to further your claims.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:32 PM, Keep Right said:

So true and the reason I will never buy a EV auto and have to worry about how fast my battery charges or where to find a battery charging station.

You might have to worry about where to get fuel for your old clunker in a few years time. EV sales in many countries already out strip Diesel sales. Fuel stations are being converted to EV charging stations. 

IMG_1178.thumb.jpeg.d4637011c23b590ff4c7555dff0be82d.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1