Thaksin: Former Thai PM's prison sentence reduced to a year

Social Media

1 minute ago, Flory said:

Robbing millions of their rights at gunpoint is evil. Denying the rightful election winners the power to enact their policies (that people voted for) is evil. Lying through the teeth to get into power and immediately reneging on all your promises is evil. Holding the leader of a political party hostage to extract concessions is evil. Locking people up for expressing their political opinions is evil. And so on.

Taksin used a gun to rob millions of people? Do you have photos of this?

Lying is evil? Wow dude. Dumbest thing ive ever read.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Like I said I could explain it for you but...

Have you not worked it out yet I care nothing one way or the other for Toxin what I do care about is the Thai establishment pissing down the back of everyone's legs then telling em it's raining, think you better google hypocrisy...

Please list the evil things

You are waffling nonsense

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, jvs said:

No surprise at all!

Deal was done before he even got here other wise he would never have

come back.

Rest of the year confined to his local luxury residence?

Not as a privilege but for health reason of course.

And out for the occasional golf game .

Is a good golf course accessible from the VIP Suite at the Siam Kepinsky?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

and i am sure the north East is lighting up on candles on a certain high persons portrait ...... and this one so winning thousands of harts now....

a win / win situation

Folks in Newcastle don't give a rats rs abut Thaksin.......Oh........you mean NE Thailand?

16 minutes ago, Flory said:

Robbing millions of their rights at gunpoint is evil. Denying the rightful election winners the power to enact their policies (that people voted for) is evil. Lying through the teeth to get into power and immediately reneging on all your promises is evil. Holding the leader of a political party hostage to extract concessions is evil. Locking people up for expressing their political opinions is evil. And so on.

The royal gazette wrote Thaksin was a prime minister has done good for the country and people. That kind of rubbished your conjectured rant. 

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Flory said:

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, and your replies are veering off into trollish territory, but I was describing the whole situation and the actors involved as evil, not Thaksin specifically.

That said, he is now collaborating with the people who did overthrow the democratic system, which dirties his hands considerably. He used to at least have some "pro-democracy" credentials to fall back on.

Yes, lying to deceive many people and achieve your ends is evil, regardless of how commonplace it is in politics.

Thai politics has been a mess forever. Nobody is surprised. Average Thai doesnt spend much time talking about Taksin anymore. Thais are more disappointed in Pita losing the pm job but thats the dodgy senate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mark131v said:

No I wouldn't, if I had the power he has I would not squander the future of my country for myself especially if I was a billionaire with many, many options

I would have told the lackeys to play the game and not bow down to the junta. The only thing Toxin has achieved is the death of his party and the betrayal of his followers all for his own self serving end's

As stated many times he is an hypocrite he has spent years saying one thing and preaching to his followers to do certain things then betrayed it all for his own end's by doing exactly what he had been telling them not to do

I don't care if he was innocent of the trumped up charges or not what matters is that he had the chance to do the right thing and he squandered it all for his own arrogant self...

You must be perfect then.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Folks in Newcastle don't give a rats rs abut Thaksin.......Oh........you mean NE Thailand?

Unless he would buy a local Newcastle football team it would make them becoming interested i guess ????

2 minutes ago, mark131v said:

No I wouldn't, if I had the power he has I would not squander the future of my country for myself especially if I was a billionaire with many, many options

I would have told the lackeys to play the game and not bow down to the junta. The only thing Toxin has achieved is the death of his party and the betrayal of his followers all for his own self serving end's

As stated many times he is an hypocrite he has spent years saying one thing and preaching to his followers to do certain things then betrayed it all for his own end's by doing exactly what he had been telling them not to do

I don't care if he was innocent of the trumped up charges or not what matters is that he had the chance to do the right thing and he squandered it all for his own arrogant self...

Right on. Any ethical considerations aside, It makes a lot of sense for him politically. He saw his party machine's popularity beginning to wane and wants to cash in his chips for the best deal he can get under the circumstances, which doesn't excuse anything, but does make it terribly, terribly predictable if you've learned to expect the worst in Thai politics.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The royal gazette wrote Thaksin was a prime minister has done good for the country and people. That kind of rubbished your conjectured rant. 

If the senate's power to vote for the PM is allowed to expire gracefully and the winner of the next election is allowed to form a government without undue interference, I'll eat my words!

Edited by Flory
  • Thumbs Up 2

Can sentences be reduced even further in Thailand for "good behaviour"? 

If a sentence can be halved by pleading guilty, and a 10 year sentence reduced to 8 years literally overnight, and now reduced to 1 year, Thaksin could be a free man in a couple of months!!!

But I would hazard a guess that the deal that has been done as it stands now has been politically motivated ???? And the Army are still pulling the strings!  

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Just common sense. He is old and tired. He did a deal to come home. You would have done the same in his position.

The hypocrisy on this website is astounding.

“People get addicted to feeling offended all the time because it gives them a high; being self-righteous and morally superior feels good.”
 Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a <deleted>: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Didn't the old govt legal adviser say the process takes about a month ? The prison warder approves it and sends it up to dept of corrections boss, who does his bit of paper shuffling and sends it to the justice Minister, who sends it to the PM, who considers it and then sends it on HM. And this got done in about 24 hours...amazing how fast Thai bureaucracy can work when they cut out the committees.

Apart from the fact a minimum part of the sentence has to have been served before an application can be made. Amazing how this fact seems to have escaped the authorities.

I presume that there will now be a deluge of applications from newly incarcerated prisoners saying "If he can do it - why not me?" (OK the answer is B**T!!!)

• Thumbs Up 2