Thaksin: Former Thai PM's prison sentence reduced to a year

Social Media

Come on gentlemen, this isn't Thai <URL Automatically Removed> with its gutter language and constant sniping. 

To get back to the topic. Thaksin getting a year in the slammer may satisfy those in the establishment and right wing royalists who revile him. 

Just a thought. 

1 minute ago, bannork said:

Come on gentlemen, this isn't Thai <URL Automatically Removed> with its gutter language and constant sniping. 

To get back to the topic. Thaksin getting a year in the slammer may satisfy those in the establishment and right wing royalists who revile him. 

Just a thought. 

In hospital or a house. Not jail.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

I suppose probabation is next. Maybe too shameful to let him off with nothing

I don't suppose you understand who gave the pardon. It's sacred and not open to discussion or debate.

Give Thaksin some credit. He could have continued his life of luxury abroad, but returned to be imprisoned.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I don't suppose you understand who gave the pardon. It's sacred and not open to discussion or debate.

Give Thaksin some credit. He could have continued his life of luxury abroad, but returned to be imprisoned.

Besides .....in December there was / is  always a general pardon for a category of inmates ....., hence maybe the 1 year sentence ......a step by step handling maybe ☺️

10 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

No surprise .

They're not finished with the surprises, I'm sure. 

Expect an even more lenient/modified pardon extension in the coming weeks. 

One year already served [kind of]......a parole or "house arrest" sort to speak. 

Guaranteed he will not see time in any facility. That's how it works. 

The current situations/actions are just for the surface show - going through the intended motions. 

And all is well with the world. 

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

They're not finished with the surprises, I'm sure. 

Expect an even more lenient/modified pardon extension in the coming weeks. 

One year already served [kind of]......a parole or "house arrest" sort to speak. 

Guaranteed he will not see time in any facility. That's how it works. 

The current situations/actions are just for the surface show - going through the intended motions. 

And all is well with the world. 

Yes interesting.

coming home..JPG

• Love It 1

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's sentence could be further reduced, according to outgoing Justice Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam.

Wissanu said Thaksin might receive another royal pardon on the birthday of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, which falls on December 5.

Thaksin's sentence was previously reduced from 8 years to 1 year, and since his sentence is now 1 year, he would be eligible for another royal pardon on auspicious occasions, just like other inmates, Wissanu said.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1697954359525707918

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's sentence could be further reduced, according to outgoing Justice Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam.

Wissanu said Thaksin might receive another royal pardon on the birthday of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, which falls on December 5.

Thaksin's sentence was previously reduced from 8 years to 1 year, and since his sentence is now 1 year, he would be eligible for another royal pardon on auspicious occasions, just like other inmates, Wissanu said.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1697954359525707918

Like  i posted before ????..... first reducing and then in the general  December pardon ....... all go by plan ????

In between the needed medical care hospitalization  cheesy.gif

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would I care if people from that area are happy?

They are all up country, far far away from Bangkok, the center of Thailand. 

Hey Frank Zander picture from Germany with over 53,000 postings.

Are you doing somethingelse apart being on Asean Now? No offence:).????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tom H said:

Hey Frank Zander picture from Germany with over 53,000 postings.

Are you doing somethingelse apart being on Asean Now? No offence:).????

You're the first one who recognized Frank Zander. ????

I work with computers all day and sometime night. And obviously I need a distraction from time to time. That's when I look at this forum.

And because I do this since over 10 years the posts add up.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Heart issues can emerge as you age. Did you think they start at age 10?

Come now, he has had his sentence reduced to a year and still has yet to spend 24hrs in a jail. If he had heart problems suddenly, they were arranged too!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Come now, he has had his sentence reduced to a year and still has yet to spend 24hrs in a jail. If he had heart problems suddenly, they were arranged too!

And your point is? Its 100% staged? Of course it could be. He could also have heart issues. Many old people do. Who cares.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

And your point is? Its 100% staged? Of course it could be. He could also have heart issues. Many old people do. Who cares.

I feel  cynical, as well many should. I am only irritated by the miscarriage of justice,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1