Names of Condominium Juristic management in Pattaya

4 hours ago, 1 said:

Do you care to share your management company's name?

I have lived at a condo with JLL management and now Peak management.

Our problems have been with the "board" or Committee and JP.  and also security.  

Even though Thais only own 51 % our board is 100% Thai as well as the JP. There seems to be more foreigner full time residents actually living here, yet when annual vote comes, we are told there are hundreds of proxy votes from Thai owners living elsewhere.  I asked about this but not possible to have a uniform board as Thais and Thai representatives have larger ownership and always get voted on to the committee as far as we know.  Annual tax audits look fishy as well, a Canadian friend told me there are 100's of thousands of baht seemingly unaccounted for from the common area fees and expenses in the audit .  But again believe the committee chooses the tax auditor.

Security is a subcontractor and never follow the "by-laws" or what is in the annual reports saying their responsibilities are.  They are basically there to call taxis for guests (yes likely 30% + of renters are illegal short time AirBnB)   and open doors for Thais whether they have a key card or not...   

TIT  This is Thailand

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I have lived at a condo with JLL management and now Peak management.

Our problems have been with the "board" or Committee and JP.  and also security.  

Even though Thais only own 51 % our board is 100% Thai as well as the JP. There seems to be more foreigner full time residents actually living here, yet when annual vote comes, we are told there are hundreds of proxy votes from Thai owners living elsewhere.  I asked about this but not possible to have a uniform board as Thais and Thai representatives have larger ownership and always get voted on to the committee as far as we know.  Annual tax audits look fishy as well, a Canadian friend told me there are 100's of thousands of baht seemingly unaccounted for from the common area fees and expenses in the audit .  But again believe the committee chooses the tax auditor.

Security is a subcontractor and never follow the "by-laws" or what is in the annual reports saying their responsibilities are.  They are basically there to call taxis for guests (yes likely 30% + of renters are illegal short time AirBnB)   and open doors for Thais whether they have a key card or not...   

TIT  This is Thailand

At the AGM the auditor is appointed, should have a choice to vote on,  committee members also voted on, keep trying to get on the committee, if you make waves they won't want you, once on try and make changes