Gun owners: It's time for us to stand up against the Second Amendment death culture

Social Media

It's one thing to own and even carry a firearm (whether concealed or not).  It is a totally different world when one actually uses a firearm in real life.  Punching holes into paper targets at the range or shooting animals are things  just about anyone can do but properly using a firearm while under stress? Many fail at that.  Owned firearms for over 35 years and sold them when I came to live in Chiang Mai.  I have never owned an AR-15 or an AK-47.  I lived in urban areas my entire life and never saw a need for them.  Also, I have never been a member of the NRA because I did not see a need to join.  I don't buy the argument that putting some limits or even restrictions on certain types of firearms takes away anyone's 2nd Amendment Rights.  

On the other hand I once shot at an outdoor range just outside of Louisville, Kentucky where one can shoot any type firearm.  I even saw guy who brought a flame thrower to this range.  I saw plenty of automatic rifles and a few with crew served machine guns.  I don't believe firearms restrictions will play with this crowd.  Therefore I do not see any change to firearms laws in the United States anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also a gun owner here. I respectfully disagree with the OP. Introducing more and more gun laws will not solve the daily massacres in the US. The huge number of existing guns and scofflaws will ensure that anyone who really wants a gun will be able to get one irrespective of whether it is against the law or not. 

Some things, unfortunately have no simple solution and gun crime is one of those that has no simple solution. You cannot pass a law that will prevent or even reduce gun crime. You need an out of the box solution and a generational change in the attitude to guns. Guns need to become 'not cool anymore' and gun crime needs to become abhorrent, not simply a photo op for politicians. 

Do I have an instant solution? No there isn't one. Ad a start, you may want to use the educational system to indoctrinate kids against the gun culture in the US, instead oil using it to indoctrinate kids into the woke and tranny culture. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

Also a gun owner here. I respectfully disagree with the OP. Introducing more and more gun laws will not solve the daily massacres in the US. The huge number of existing guns and scofflaws will ensure that anyone who really wants a gun will be able to get one irrespective of whether it is against the law or not. 

Some things, unfortunately have no simple solution and gun crime is one of those that has no simple solution. You cannot pass a law that will prevent or even reduce gun crime. You need an out of the box solution and a generational change in the attitude to guns. Guns need to become 'not cool anymore' and gun crime needs to become abhorrent, not simply a photo op for politicians. 

Do I have an instant solution? No there isn't one. Ad a start, you may want to use the educational system to indoctrinate kids against the gun culture in the US, instead oil using it to indoctrinate kids into the woke and tranny culture. 

Outlawing certain classes of gun and implementing a gun buy back has been shown to work elsewhere. The second amendment rights to own a firearm is already limited. It's quite a lot more difficult to own a tommy gun than an ar-15, for example.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, the solution to complex problems are always themselves complex and multi faceted.

The OP gives a clue to something I think we need to see more of, business owners banning guns on their premises.

Make malls, store and businesses gun free and anyone bringing a gun into those spaces an automatic threat to be dealt with as such.

No point carrying a gun if you have to leave it in the trunk of your car when you go out and about on business.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Outlawing certain classes of gun and implementing a gun buy back has been shown to work elsewhere. The second amendment rights to own a firearm is already limited. It's quite a lot more difficult to own a tommy gun than an ar-15, for example.

With all these marvellous laws, has the number of school shootings gone down consistently? The answer is no. It is not a magic bullet.

• Sad 1

Just now, retarius said:

With all these marvellous laws, has the number of school shootings gone down consistently? The answer is no. It is not a magic bullet.

None of those laws has been implemented in the US, I said those policies had worked elsewhere. What are you talking about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree, the solution to complex problems are always themselves complex and multi faceted.

The OP gives a clue to something I think we need to see more of, business owners banning guns on their premises.

Make malls, store and businesses gun free and anyone bringing a gun into those spaces an automatic threat to be dealt with as such.

No point carrying a gun if you have to leave it in the trunk of your car when you go out and about on business.

I don't know the legality of business owners banning guns on their premises. Guns are banned in schools, but that hasn't stopped the regular school shootings.

• Sad 1

I don't know the legality of business owners banning guns on their premises. Guns are banned in schools, but that hasn't stopped the regular school shootings.

There is no 2nd amendment right to carry a gun in someone else’s private property.

A more proactive enforcement around schools might help, carrying a gun on a school property automatic risk, automatic target.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, no suggestions about how to end mass shootings then?

Yea, already suggested, vote.

You can't stop nutters, never could, never will.  Accept it.  Be thankful, you got a better chance of getting 'hit' by lightning, than killed 'in' school by a firearm.

Edited by KhunLA

41 minutes ago, stoner said:

you mean he went through the justice system and was found not guilty by a court of law. did the DA follow up with an appeal or was it let be after that ? 

are you implying there was corruption or misdealing ? baseless conspiracy theories. 

No, I'm not implying 'conspiracy'. I am implying poor prosecution.

Imagine you see some kid who looks like Adam Lanza coming at you with an AR-15. You are going to assume he's just some concerned high school student coming to help the well-trained police keep a protest peaceful?

You would think he's a lunatic out to kill, and unless your froze or could get away, you would try to save your own life and disarm him. Nobody knows what the intent of those he claimed attacked him was, because they're dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You can't stop nutters, never could, never will.  Accept it.  Be thankful, you got a better chance of getting 'hit' by lightning, than killed 'in' school by a firearm.

So, you can assure kids that their concerns about being blown away at school are overblown?

• Thumbs Up 1

First off mass shootings isn't just school shootings, it's criminals committing crimes. Build more prisons, prosecute the bad guys using guns to commit crimes. Defunding police has emboldened the criminals IMO. We have enough gun laws, now lets enforce them.

What has happened in the US to increase the school shootings or mass random shootings? There has to be more to it than too many guns. I think mental illness is a place to start.

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

What can be done is add mental

health issues and all violent offenses into gun licensing laws.

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So, no suggestions about how to end mass shootings then?

The solution is easy, but would never be accepted, so why suggest it.

Since you asked, 2 fold ...

1. The UN, all countries, including the 5 permanent members of the 'Security Council', also 5 of the largest manufacturer & sellers of firearms, enforce a total ban on manufacturing ALL firearms.

2. Death sentence, carried out immediately, for anyone carrying a firearm.

Give it a month ... school shootings solved.

Anything less, and people will still be shooting each other.  Why...because they can.

Simple solutions to simple problems.

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

First off mass shootings isn't just school shootings, it's criminals committing crimes. Build more prisons, prosecute the bad guys using guns to commit crimes. Defunding police has emboldened the criminals IMO. We have enough gun laws, now lets enforce them.

What has happened in the US to increase the school shootings or mass random shootings? There has to be more to it than too many guns. I think mental illness is a place to start.

Most of the  cases have been tried and the defendants have been found to be competent to stand trial. Mental illness is only a small part of the problem.

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As a Yank, I really do have to chuckle at most of the replies.  THANKS

Solution - vote 

Until more people vote against the 2nd Amendment, it will remain.

I haven’t heard anyone of any political party saying get rid of the 2ond amendment not a one I have heard loud and clear by the VAST majority of Americans in banning assault weapons and stronger background checks and closing the gun show loophole that will make a change in the amount of slaughtered kids

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

The solution is easy, but would never be accepted, so why suggest it.

Since you asked, 2 fold ...

1. The UN, all countries, including the 5 permanent members of the 'Security Council', also 5 of the largest manufacturer & sellers of firearms, enforce a total ban on manufacturing ALL firearms.

2. Death sentence, carried out immediately, for anyone carrying a firearm.

Give it a month ... school shootings solved.

Anything less, and people will still be shooting each.  Why...because they can.

Simple solutions to simple problems.

Sure it would work. Interesting that you advocate a solution which involves the UN. Apart from the sheer unlikelihood of this solution ever becoming a reality you obviously aren't serious because this is a fanciful proposition. Just trolling, I guess.

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

obviously aren't serious because this is a fanciful proposition. Just trolling, I guess.

Stopping gun violence in the USA is a fanciful proposition.

Only one solution to stop gun violence, stop making them.  Nothing else has or will ever work.

Every day, I'm proven correct in those statemen.  You're suggestions, if any, are NOT working.  Nobodies' are.

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Good ideas but a restaurant in San Francisco recently banned Police Officers from entering because they were armed.  I know it's San Francisco but Gun Free Zones sometimes come with unintended consequences.  It is a very complex problem that has many facets and I do not see a workable solution.  I grew up Los Angeles and was street cop there for 20 years and nothing ever changed.  It was like ground hog dog for 20+ years. The worst years for gun violence were actually in the mid 1990's.  The only difference I see now is in the growth of mass casualty shootings.  30 years ago there were shootings almost every night with a small number of victims.  Now a single shooting can result in a large number of casualties.  

Just now, KhunLA said:

Stopping gun violence in the USA is a fanciful proposition.

Only one solution to stop gun violence, stop making them.  Nothing else has or will ever work.

Every day, I'm proven correct in those statemen.  You're suggestions, if any, are NOT working.  Nobodies' are.

My suggestion DID work. You know it did.

Just now, ozimoron said:

My suggestion DID work. You know it did.

And what suggestion was that, as I don't know any country, that someone hasn't been killed with a firearm, this past year.  Did I miss that news-blip?