Dtac prepaid "unreceived call"

Hikage

On my trips here pre covid, my prepaid dtac plan with a galaxy s3 worked great. Now i come back with the same prepaid plan with a new phone (redmi note) and some calls are not getting through.... often i will see a new sms, eg:

"you have 3 unreceived call from 066xxxxxx from 11:59 to 12:00 23/8/23"

i suspect the new phone uses 4g lte which may well be weak in my building (i am in Jomtien on the 30th floor)

The signal strength bars waver between 4 and 5. I've called dtac who were completely clueless.

Is it time for a change to AIS? I'd hate to have to change my number, but so many calls not getting through. Appreciate any advice.

1.  You can keep phone number with another provider - believe takes a few days but a simple process.

2.  Are you sure AIS will improve things?

3.  DTAC is now owned by True.

4.  3 calls in a minute?  Are you sure these are not hang ups as often used by delivery drivers to get you to pay for call?  Suspect they might hang up before your phone can ring but not sure of that.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  You can keep phone number with another provider - believe takes a few days but a simple process.I have

2.  Are you sure AIS will improve things?

3.  DTAC is now owned by True.

4.  3 calls in a minute?  Are you sure these are not hang ups as often used by delivery drivers to get you to pay for call?  Suspect they might hang up before your phone can ring but not sure of that.

I have no particular reason to believe AIS will help aside from the fact I've heard they have the best coverage.

So if I tried True, I'd just be connecting to the same towers under a different brand name?

It's more than delivery drivers.

I'm also loath to move to AIS because it's more difficult to keep active when you're out of the country for extended periods. Dtac you just dial a number to increase validity for 30/90/180 days.

Edited by Hikage

Unless you are using an app like whattsapp then it being 4G doesn't matter. Voice calls work on a different system.

More than likely it is just poor reception, due to handset/location and poor maintenance of the voice network due to lack of use and near end of life.

Most people now use apps over Data to make calls.

1 hour ago, Hikage said:

On my trips here pre covid, my prepaid dtac plan with a galaxy s3 worked great. Now i come back with the same prepaid plan with a new phone (redmi note) and some calls are not getting through.... often i will see a new sms, eg:

"you have 3 unreceived call from 066xxxxxx from 11:59 to 12:00 23/8/23"

i suspect the new phone uses 4g lte which may well be weak in my building (i am in Jomtien on the 30th floor)

The signal strength bars waver between 4 and 5. I've called dtac who were completely clueless.

Is it time for a change to AIS? I'd hate to have to change my number, but so many calls not getting through. Appreciate any advice.

4-5 bars and you are suggesting that the signal may be weak ????????‍♂️ How many bars are there from which to choose?

Remember that you stated that it was fine with your Samsung… so run a search on your Redmi to see if others are having the same issue. If you have WiFi in your apartment, activate 

6 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Unless you are using an app like whattsapp then it being 4G doesn't matter. Voice calls work on a different system.

More than likely it is just poor reception, due to handset/location and poor maintenance of the voice network due to lack of use and near end of life.

Most people now use apps over Data to make calls.

ok then... data works, so i guess the 4-5 bars reflects that. 2g or 3g voice signals might be a different story. i'll try an AIS sim, can't hurt.